BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

EXXEL Distributions

03-30-2009, 03:23 PM   #1
Eurotrash8
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Calgary Track Day

Well, summer is around the corner and I know most of us are raring to pull our cars out of hibernation.

I am working with Jay Pringle (who is a local Instructor that runs his own schools here at Race City) to gather some folks from this forum to do a track day.

The name of his website is www.tracktechniques.ca

I spoke with a few members here that are interested in the BMW school offered in the spring which is now full. I believe Track Techniques is a better deal giving more track time at a lower price.

Jay wants 15 people and no more as it will take away from peoples track time.

Please let me know who will be interested in his 3 day June sessions and we may get a discount if the numbers work.

If you have any questions please email or call Jay but until then give me a show of hands to see if we can get this going

"This program will afford you the opportunity to learn about car control in a safe environment, and experience high performance driving in its purest form. It is designed so that you acquire new driving techniques in a progressive, organized manner with close expert supervision. You will have the opportunity to drive your own car and to gain an understanding of your vehicle's unique handling characteristics while developing a new found respect for your car. People of all skill levels have attended my events for a variety of reasons and refined or developed new driving techniques regardless of their previous abilities. And of course, the key goal of this school is for the participant to have an enjoyable experience while becoming a better, safer and more confident driver.
Below is an overview of the Advanced Driver Education Program as it occurs over the course of three evenings.

The Classroom normally runs for approximately two hours with the South End and Full Track evenings going from approximately 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM.

Evening # 1 Classroom

The classroom will be approximately 2 hours long and cover the theory of high performance driving. The main focus will be on safety and an understanding of the buzzwords and techniques we use on the racetrack. The classroom also gives us an excellent opportunity to relate High Performance techniques back to our everyday street driving such as seating position, correct use of mirrors, braking and cornering techniques.

Evening # 2 South End

The second evening will be on the south end of the road course from 5 pm to 9 pm.
We will introduce and work on:

Vehicle Control
Heel and Toe Downshifting
Braking/Correct use of ABS systems
Accident Avoidance
Cornering and line interpretation
Weight transfer and the effects on vehicle dynamics
How to identify and understand the work zone of a corner
Throttle steer and maintaining the balance of the car
Understanding early and late apex corners
Evening # 3 Full Track

On the third evening we will introduce the full road course and continue with the skills from evening # 2 The main focus for the third evening will be:

Understanding Weight transfer and the effects of vehicle dynamics with increased speed.
Becoming more efficient in the work zone.
Also included is a High Performance driving manual, and the use of a helmet. After finishing a 3-day program, the graduate will have an opportunity to take part in lapping events on the full 3.2 km Road Course at Race City Motorsport Park. Dates:
May 7th Classroom Session, May 11th and 12th Track Sessions
June 14th Classroom Session, June 15th and 17th Track Sessions
July 26th Classroom Session, July 28th and 29th Track Sessions
August 23rd Classroom Session, August 25th and 26th Track Sessions
September 13th Classroom Session, September 14th and 15th Track Sessions
Price: $550 + GST "
      03-30-2009, 03:35 PM   #2
odee911
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

this sounds awesome too bad i'm in vancouver haha
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 04:13 PM   #3
volinder
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: bmw wannabe

I would be in. Just gotta confirm the dates.
2013 M5 6 speed
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 04:28 PM   #4
Eurotrash8
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep

The dates we had in mind would be the June Sessions as the May one is already half full.

As there are only 15 spots for this track session Jay and I suggested it would be a good idea to confirm spots with a $50 deposit made payable to Jay of course as I'm only doing this so we all try to get a discount

I think it would be kinda cool to do this and make it a meet at the same time to put faces to the names.
      03-31-2009, 07:27 AM   #5
Alex///M
E90 - the Ultimate family hauler
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 ///M3

This sounds like a great event and one I would really like to attend. Especially since it's been almost 9 months since I was last on a track.

Too bad I'm on the wrong side of the country.

For those of you that are just thinking about this and have never been to the track or at least not with your E9x ///M, this is an invaluable tool in educating you on what you and the car are capable of doing. It's also a perfect way to figuring out how the car bahaves in a controlled environment so if things go wrong, the chances of doing damage to you or your car are minimized.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2009, 08:56 AM   #6
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Hi All,

This is a great way to learn about your car. Jay's school is top notch and you get tons of seat time and 1 on 1 instructor time. I will be there lapping on the last day. If enough of the M3post guys come I will most likely come on the other days as well.

Jason
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2009, 09:25 AM   #7
Eurotrash8
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMRX7 View Post
Hi All,

This is a great way to learn about your car. Jay's school is top notch and you get tons of seat time and 1 on 1 instructor time. I will be there lapping on the last day. If enough of the M3post guys come I will most likely come on the other days as well.

Jason

Exactly.

I will probably have 3 Porsche guys coming as well.

For the people that are interested let me know or when you contact Jay to inquire reference you are from the M3post forum so he can tallie the numbers.

I spoke with ND54, and if he gets his car back by then he will most likely make an appearance
      03-31-2009, 05:01 PM   #8
Jimmer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i with MPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMRX7 View Post
Hi All,

Jason
FULLY agree with this. Jay does have a top notch program.

I'm doing all his lapping events this year so hopefully I'll get to meet some of you guys at one of the events.

Jim
Gone but not forgotten: 2008 E92 M3; Eisenmann Race Exhaust / Dinan 3.62 Limited Slip Differential / Dinan Software / Dinan High-Flow Intake / Dinan Camber Plates / Dinan Lowering Springs / Dinan Sway-Bars
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2009, 05:31 PM   #9
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmer View Post
FULLY agree with this. Jay does have a top notch program.

I'm doing all his lapping events this year so hopefully I'll get to meet some of you guys at one of the events.

Jim
I am doing all but 2, so I guess I will see you out there. Not sure what car I will be in though. I'll make sure to bring the m3 to this one though
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2009, 08:45 PM   #10
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

Tempting. I will have to check my holiday schedule and see if I can fit this in.
Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 09:03 PM   #11
nd54
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: RDSport RS 46

June works for me, this sounds like a really good event.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 09:26 PM   #12
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: A6 Allroad

I'd love to come down but taking the days off is a pain.

Plus I am doing 2-day M school next week so I don't wanna geek you guys with my wanker BMW helmet

I'd come down to see nd54's car though
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 10:43 PM   #13
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Looks like there is some good interest. Who knows maybe I will have my new suprise addition by then.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 09:26 AM   #14
Eurotrash8
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell325 View Post
Tempting. I will have to check my holiday schedule and see if I can fit this in.
Do it!
      04-03-2009, 09:28 AM   #15
Eurotrash8
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
I'd love to come down but taking the days off is a pain.

Plus I am doing 2-day M school next week so I don't wanna geek you guys with my wanker BMW helmet

I'd come down to see nd54's car though

Glenn come down man........I'll make sure to take you out to The Famous French Maid!!!!!
      04-03-2009, 11:07 AM   #16
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: A6 Allroad

Yeah, that's not gonna help my driving
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2009, 04:55 PM   #17
vtec96
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E89

Tempting...but I only have a "Slowmatic" 335xi....
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2009, 06:25 PM   #18
nd54
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: RDSport RS 46

I spoke to Jay about it, and I have a friend who is interested as well, I'm still asking around to see if anyone else wants to go.

What are the tentative numbers so far?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 04:58 PM   #19
Brianrg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurotrash8 View Post
Well, summer is around the corner and I know most of us are raring to pull our cars out of hibernation.

I am working with Jay Pringle (who is a local Instructor that runs his own schools here at Race City) to gather some folks from this forum to do a track day.

The name of his website is www.tracktechniques.ca

I spoke with a few members here that are interested in the BMW school offered in the spring which is now full. I believe Track Techniques is a better deal giving more track time at a lower price.

Jay wants 15 people and no more as it will take away from peoples track time.

Please let me know who will be interested in his 3 day June sessions and we may get a discount if the numbers work.

If you have any questions please email or call Jay but until then give me a show of hands to see if we can get this going

"This program will afford you the opportunity to learn about car control in a safe environment, and experience high performance driving in its purest form. It is designed so that you acquire new driving techniques in a progressive, organized manner with close expert supervision. You will have the opportunity to drive your own car and to gain an understanding of your vehicle's unique handling characteristics while developing a new found respect for your car. People of all skill levels have attended my events for a variety of reasons and refined or developed new driving techniques regardless of their previous abilities. And of course, the key goal of this school is for the participant to have an enjoyable experience while becoming a better, safer and more confident driver.
Below is an overview of the Advanced Driver Education Program as it occurs over the course of three evenings.

The Classroom normally runs for approximately two hours with the South End and Full Track evenings going from approximately 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM.

Evening # 1 Classroom

The classroom will be approximately 2 hours long and cover the theory of high performance driving. The main focus will be on safety and an understanding of the buzzwords and techniques we use on the racetrack. The classroom also gives us an excellent opportunity to relate High Performance techniques back to our everyday street driving such as seating position, correct use of mirrors, braking and cornering techniques.

Evening # 2 South End

The second evening will be on the south end of the road course from 5 pm to 9 pm.
We will introduce and work on:

Vehicle Control
Heel and Toe Downshifting
Braking/Correct use of ABS systems
Accident Avoidance
Weight transfer and the effects on vehicle dynamics
How to identify and understand the work zone of a corner
Understanding early and late apex corners
Evening # 3 Full Track

On the third evening we will introduce the full road course and continue with the skills from evening # 2 The main focus for the third evening will be:

Understanding Weight transfer and the effects of vehicle dynamics with increased speed.
Becoming more efficient in the work zone.
Also included is a High Performance driving manual, and the use of a helmet. After finishing a 3-day program, the graduate will have an opportunity to take part in lapping events on the full 3.2 km Road Course at Race City Motorsport Park. Dates:
May 7th Classroom Session, May 11th and 12th Track Sessions
June 14th Classroom Session, June 15th and 17th Track Sessions
July 26th Classroom Session, July 28th and 29th Track Sessions
August 23rd Classroom Session, August 25th and 26th Track Sessions
September 13th Classroom Session, September 14th and 15th Track Sessions
Price: $550 + GST "
Thanks for the info.
Already signed up for the three day and the Advanced but if anyone ever wants to participate in their lapping sessions, I am in.
B
Appreciate 0