BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

03-12-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
stlnyc
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Jerez Black

"Increased Emissions" message diagnosis & 1200 mile service

Hello all...so I took my 2008 E92 into Checkered Flag BMW in Virginia Beach the other day for 1,200 mile service and to diagnose an "increased emmissions" message. I am the 2nd owner of the car (bought it a few months ago with 800 miles on it) -- originally a Florida car.

So I get a call from the dealer today saying that the 1,200 is done but that when they went to diagnosis the "increased emissions" message and checked the warranty history of the car, that a previous dealer had attempted already to address the same malfunction message.

Supposidely, the original owner/dealer replaced the wiring harness. Not sure what other previous repair work was done - if any, but this has got me worried about the prior history of the car that was not disclosed to me.

The dealer said that car is safe to drive so I made a 2nd appointment for them to rediagnosis and attempt to address the issue. But from I can tell from this forum, the "increased emissions" message is usually attributed to a faulty sensor -- NOT a wiring harness.

Anyone out there have any thoughts on what might be going on? And any suggestions on what I should do? At this point I'm just letting Checkerd Flag BMW work with BMW to see if this can be re-addressed under warranty.

BTW - Gena at Checkered Flag BMW is responsive and professional -- 1st time there, but so far the experience is good.

Thanks in advance!
Sang

Last edited by stlnyc; 03-12-2009 at 01:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #2
M3OwnerHtown
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Coupe, Blk/Blk

I received the same message and took it into the dealer, basically they ran the ECU and reset the computer it was gone otherwise it could possibly could be bad O2 sensor or gas cap is not fully tightened.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 04:51 AM   #3
Green///Hell
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, F15 X5, 1199S

I got the same message.....but I removed all four cats
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 10:06 AM   #4
RRGOO7
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GTR

I dont think you should be worried
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 10:46 PM   #5
Blue0013
Let's go to the track!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 Sick Car

I am going to Checkered Flag BMW in the morning myself. I was trying to search my issues out on here. I was driving today and right at 14990 miles my car went to Engine Reduce Performance, DSC malfuction, DBC malfuction, Engine oil Low, Emissions increase, Service Due all at one time. It feels like crap driving like that. It is redlined at like 5,000. Service Engine Soon light is on, and when shifting from 1st though 3rd is pretty harsh. The only bad thing about all this is I am going out of town tomorrow afternoon and not coming back till friday. Actually that isn't bad the bad thing is I just got here from Germany and had to transfer my warrenty over, I just did that last monday and they told me that it takes ten days, but i can't drive this car right now, so I am going to have to go up there without a warrenty. I should just leave it there until BMWNA says I am good. We will see tomorrow. I hope you get your problems resloved quickly.
      04-07-2009, 03:38 PM   #6
GhOsT_E90
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i E90

Garage List
2008 335i E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue0013 View Post
I am going to Checkered Flag BMW in the morning myself. I was trying to search my issues out on here. I was driving today and right at 14990 miles my car went to Engine Reduce Performance, DSC malfuction, DBC malfuction, Engine oil Low, Emissions increase, Service Due all at one time. It feels like crap driving like that. It is redlined at like 5,000. Service Engine Soon light is on, and when shifting from 1st though 3rd is pretty harsh. The only bad thing about all this is I am going out of town tomorrow afternoon and not coming back till friday. Actually that isn't bad the bad thing is I just got here from Germany and had to transfer my warrenty over, I just did that last monday and they told me that it takes ten days, but i can't drive this car right now, so I am going to have to go up there without a warrenty. I should just leave it there until BMWNA says I am good. We will see tomorrow. I hope you get your problems resloved quickly.
Man whats up with your M3? Dude wish you were still back here in Germany. Went to the Nurburgring this weekend.
Mods: JB3,RR catted DP, RennArt resonated exhaust, AFE intake, 19x8.5 & 19.9.5 Linea Corsea Strasse mounted on Nitto Invo 235/35/19front & 285/30/19rear. M3 spoiler, front spilters and ACS roof spoiler. And whooping Blue0013 around the Nurburgring all day long.
Appreciate 0