E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Known issues for software update

03-10-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
am_ver
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6

Known issues for software update

I have a 10/07 build e93 and haven't had any software updates since I bought the car. Does anyone know what are the known issues because of which we can request a software update. Is there any place where the known issues are documented?

It looks like you can get an update for the turbo lag only if you need an update for some other issue.

2008 e93 335i, 6sp MT, Montego Blue, Saddle, Burl, ZSP, Bluetooth, iDrive, PDC, V1+CD
2007 e92 335i coupe, 6sp MT, Montego, Beige, ZPP, iDrive, PDC
2006 e90 325i, ZPP, iDrive, Arctic, Xenon
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2009, 04:57 PM   #2
ToadHollow
Once upon a time ......
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB E92 - SOLD 5/2010

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by am_ver View Post
I have a 10/07 build e93 and haven't had any software updates since I bought the car. Does anyone know what are the known issues because of which we can request a software update. Is there any place where the known issues are documented?

It looks like you can get an update for the turbo lag only if you need an update for some other issue.
I realize this is a very long thread but, you'll find just about every Q&A you can think of regarding the sw updates from BMW from your version all the way up to the latest released in January of this year.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147781

My car is a 12/07 build (which is within the same build date group as your car) has never received a sw update (other than the Dinan flash) and has no issues. You will find that the latest sw update from BMW offers 2 fixes, sorta.

The update allows for the installing technician to choose a specific issue for the sw to "fix". This is either the "turbo lag" or the "wastegate rattle". I believe the 'fix" is contingent on the version of sw your car currently has installed. If your car truly has never received the dreaded 29.2 update or later then you should have no "turbo lag" issues with your car. The wastegates rattling is a warranted issue with yours, as well as mine, build dates. There is a TSB for this past February outlining the sw update to be used to correct the wastegate issue. The above link contains the February TSB although I'm unsure as to what page you'll find it on.

In all honesty, I recently had the opportunity to have the sw installed and chose not to. I have been able to retain the original sw the car was delivered with and couldn't be happier with its performance.

If you push for the update referencing the Feb. 2009 BMW TSB then the dealer should have no argument in denying the update take place.

FYI, I have only once heard the wastegates "rattling" on my car and it was after an extensive roadtrip. Not once has the issue reoccurred. My car is wonderful as-is.

Appreciate 0