E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > MODS

02-08-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
Goraiders21
Entizy 7
Rep
Drives: C63 Coupe, Retired M6, 335i

MODS

I am getting Vishnu V3 plug and play, downpipes, and intake on my 07' 335i... My concern is what will happen at the dealer with these mods, will I immediately be red flagged? I am planning on unplugging the Vishnu and plugging the stock ecu in before all maintenance checks, etc... will the dealer still recognize that it has the downpipe, and or the intake, if so, will it likely void the warranty.

If anyone has experiences please share, and if anyone in Orange County area can tell me of a mod friendly service adviser in the area.

Also, what is the case with exhaust/ resonator and secondary cat delete?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 10:31 PM   #2
Tuned335i
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Might want to post this in the tuning forum. That's where folks with experience in this situation hang out.

The general rule of thumb is that you take out all mods before service. Better yet, avoid the dealership entirely. When the dealer is an unknown, hope for the best, but plan for the worst. The last thing you want is for them to void your transmission warranty because you installed a harmless Dual Cone intake.

This really should have been posted in tuning forum.
      02-08-2009, 10:56 PM   #3
Indenial
Hotdog Vendor
Rep
Drives: a 335 hoe

I do not know if this is true. I heard that they may be able to tell if you have the vishnu on there even if you have taken it off.... Like i said i do not know if this is true. Maybe the car logs is somehow
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 11:35 PM   #4
Aurora Bearialis
¡Barça!
Spain
Rep
Drives: Rainbow Sandals

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goraiders21 View Post
I am getting Vishnu V3 plug and play, downpipes, and intake on my 07' 335i... My concern is what will happen at the dealer with these mods, will I immediately be red flagged? I am planning on unplugging the Vishnu and plugging the stock ecu in before all maintenance checks, etc... will the dealer still recognize that it has the downpipe, and or the intake, if so, will it likely void the warranty.

If anyone has experiences please share, and if anyone in Orange County area can tell me of a mod friendly service adviser in the area.

Also, what is the case with exhaust/ resonator and secondary cat delete?

Thanks
From what I know... just take out the tune. And go to Sterling BMW.