BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-21-2008, 05:11 AM   #1
Notion-Za
Second Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: '16 M4 ZCP

dont you just hate it...

when you park on the other side of an underground parking lot so no one parks next to you! then when you arrive at your car to leave you find some one parked next to you and fingers prints all over your window from them taking a look inside!!!

Some clown in a red DSG Golf V GTI parks right next to me and looks like he checked out the whole car! finger prints on all the windows! i know its a small thing but it still gets to me as i got the car cleaned about 3 days ago!

I mean just cause the 1 series is SOO much better :biggrin::biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 08:48 AM   #2
gmza
Private
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
haha... one of my previous cars was an A4 Cabriolet and I happened to have one of the first few in SA (March 2003) so people loved sneaking a peak. Because of the soft-top, it had an ultrasonic alarm activation...

These idiots kept thumping their one hand down on the roof and the other on the window, whilst their offspring would whack the window with their grubby little paws a bit too hard as they tried to see through the tinted anti-smash-and-grab laminate.

Needless to say, they would constantly set off the overly sensitive alarm and have to scuttle away shamefully before the security hunted them down. *evil grin*

I did feel rather smug, until winter arrived and the neighbor's cat decided that the soft warm roof would make a comfortable hammock to sleep on. As to be expected, the alarm kept going off at 2am in the morning, driving myself and the neighbors insane.

That was when I realised that I'd rather have lots of sticky finger prints on the window then the joy of the alarm chasing the grubby-pawed culprits away.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2008, 12:37 AM   #3
C Africa
Not So Junior Member
Rep
Drives:

More annoying things

Near my house at a shopping centre, they seem to turn the lawn sprinklers on during the night, so every morning when I drive to work I have to go though the run-off which covers the whole road. Nothing annoys me more than this when I've just had my car cleaned (except for the dork that comes screaming past when I slow don to minimise the damage and he sprays my whole car).
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2008, 01:41 AM   #4
Dewald
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 135i M DCT

Garage List
2010 135i M DCT  [0.00]
2008 135i Coupe  [0.00]
At my office there is this Bull dog and it keeps pissing on my wheels ... It drives me insane.

Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2008, 04:14 AM   #5
135iUSN
19 X5 1998 M Roadster
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i Alpine White / Terra

Garage List
1998 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2009 135i  [0.00]
better than getting key mark down the side...
      10-20-2008, 06:22 AM   #6
Stratos
Private First Class
Norway
Rep
Drives: F22 220d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewald View Post
At my office there is this Bull dog and it keeps pissing on my wheels ... It drives me insane.

Any suggestions?
Do you know the owner?

Lay chocolate with high cocoa % around the car and hope the dog eats it. cocoa is highly poisonous for dogs.
I will end up in hell, i know that.

Or you could camp around your car with a paintball/BB gun and give the dog a lesson. (dont hit your car....)
Dogs avoid places they have had bad experiences.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2008, 02:32 PM   #7
gmza
Private
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
Stratos, I thought that I was spawn of Satan after whispering "here kitty, kitty" and then jumping up and stamping my feet to scare the living daylights out of it, but what you're suggesting is deeply disturbing.

Dewald - one can purchase a spray that is odorless to humans but offensive to pooches. You'd probably need to spray it each time after parking your car, but dogs are easily conditioned (Pavlov's at least), and after a week or thereabouts it should have found someone else's wheels to dissolve the brake-dust off.

A friend of mine used it to keep his little furball from sleeping on the couch while he wasn't watching. It's a pepper-based spray which he got from the nearest pharmacy.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2008, 05:02 AM   #8
Dewald
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 135i M DCT

Garage List
2010 135i M DCT  [0.00]
2008 135i Coupe  [0.00]
Thanks guys,

Both ideas sound good but the guy who's dog it is, look like a bull dog so ill have to go with the spray.

Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0