BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-13-2008, 02:43 PM   #1
pavelitto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i Performance

New Navigation System Professional -Sep onwards, marketing guide here

I browsed the web looking for some info about the new I drive controller and Navigation system and I found this. Quite interesting, got some nice pictures how it is going to look like. Quite exciting actually as I don't remember such a significant change in the menu/layout etc... I'm glad my car isn't in the production yet so I am able to delay it until the revised versions will be available. I will have to wait probably one month longer than originally as my delivery date was 5 sep and I guess that will be the new production date...
      07-13-2008, 02:45 PM   #2
pavelitto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i Performance

the pdf file
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 609-navigation_system_professional_multimedia.pdf (678.2 KB, 690 views)
      07-13-2008, 03:19 PM   #3
changed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 Msport

looks like thats well worth the wait imho
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2008, 10:00 AM   #4
123D-M
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW 123d M-Sport Coupe

Garage List
I did the same thing - delayed my production. I was going to miss it by 1 week! *phew*
2009 123D Coupe | Sedona Red | Black Boston Leather | Brushed Aluminium Trim | Tinted Windows | M-Sport Package | 6M | Comfort Access | Heated Seats | Navigation | Park Distance Front & Rear | USB | Bluetooth | Voice Control | Efficient Dynamics | Rain & Light Sensors | Xenon Lights
My blog: http://urbanemusings.wordpress.com/
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2008, 01:27 AM   #5
IanM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

I'm glad that they didn't announce this before I ordered mine because I probably would have waited, and missed using the car over Summer. This would have been crazy given that it's a convertible, but my love of gadgets would probably have tempted me!

For me the only advantage of the new system over the old is prettier graphics, but they are sooo pretty...
      12-22-2008, 05:18 AM   #6
perm
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelitto View Post
I browsed the web looking for some info about the new I drive controller and Navigation system and I found this. Quite interesting, got some nice pictures how it is going to look like. Quite exciting actually as I don't remember such a significant change in the menu/layout etc... I'm glad my car isn't in the production yet so I am able to delay it until the revised versions will be available. I will have to wait probably one month longer than originally as my delivery date was 5 sep and I guess that will be the new production date...

Hi,
Is this new Nav system now available.... my local dealer claims that there has not been a new sat nav system for the 1 series only the 3 series.

Can anyone confirm ?

Thanks

Perm
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 06:46 AM   #7
123D-M
Captain
Spain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by perm View Post
Hi,
Is this new Nav system now available.... my local dealer claims that there has not been a new sat nav system for the 1 series only the 3 series.

Can anyone confirm ?

Thanks

Perm
Your dealer's an idiot if they told you that. New iDrive has been in production in the 1er since 1 September for global production (as all 1ers come from the Leipzig factory).
2009 123D Coupe | Sedona Red | Black Boston Leather | Brushed Aluminium Trim | Tinted Windows | M-Sport Package | 6M | Comfort Access | Heated Seats | Navigation | Park Distance Front & Rear | USB | Bluetooth | Voice Control | Efficient Dynamics | Rain & Light Sensors | Xenon Lights
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 07:45 AM   #8
perm
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123D-M View Post
Your dealer's an idiot if they told you that. New iDrive has been in production in the 1er since 1 September for global production (as all 1ers come from the Leipzig factory).
Is the new nav system in the same place as the old one ? i.e flips out or has there been a dash layout change also ?

Thanks

Perm
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2008, 07:52 AM   #9
123D-M
Captain
Spain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by perm View Post
Is the new nav system in the same place as the old one ? i.e flips out or has there been a dash layout change also ?

Thanks

Perm
It's different. Now a bigger fixed screen in the same location. Also, the controller has changed too with more buttons around it.

Do a search. There are many threads on the 09 iDrive. Including my own. http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...t=16037&page=4
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 03:20 PM   #10
imported_dexter
Rep
Drives:

So i have an 08 1er one of the 1st to ship into the uk with the flip up idrive and single knob with 1 button controls

have the older 1 drive software with the Compass style home page, having driven a countesy car 3 series with this new software i fell in love with it particularly the album artwork form my ipod and the split screen sat naV that lets you see you music tracks on the same screen

So i have been asking my service center about updating it, but all they seem to offer is an slight update to my current software, which changes none of the functionality

Is this really not possible to do? has anyone one done it or know of a dealership that would offer this service?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 05:16 AM   #11
biscuits
Dimmer than a dim thing
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS, EQC, X5 40d, simrig

Garage List
It's not possible to update to the new (current) iDrive system with simply a software change, it's a complete hardware change too.

We have the new system in the X5 and it's very very good, but I have the flip-up system in my 135 and it show's it's age a bit.

I did get an updated 2012 DVD, which didn't change much just has the latest mapping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_dexter View Post
So i have an 08 1er one of the 1st to ship into the uk with the flip up idrive and single knob with 1 button controls

have the older 1 drive software with the Compass style home page, having driven a countesy car 3 series with this new software i fell in love with it particularly the album artwork form my ipod and the split screen sat naV that lets you see you music tracks on the same screen

So i have been asking my service center about updating it, but all they seem to offer is an slight update to my current software, which changes none of the functionality

Is this really not possible to do? has anyone one done it or know of a dealership that would offer this service?

Thanks
Appreciate 0