BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-12-2008, 07:13 PM   #1
K30
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Finally here, and I hate it!

:reposthorse:... thought it should come to the UK forum too. Hope that's OK!

YEAH RIGHT...

It's simply the BEST car I have ever owned, and I have never been more glad of my descision to buy it. You can keep your TT, GTI or Scooby... this is the one for me! I've only done 120miles since picking it up thurs and have loved every one. Driving position, ride comfort, feel, noise... its ALL perfect! (performacnce & handling will have to wait a couple of K!)
...........shame it's my girlfriend's and I have to drive a pissat!

Also attahced are:

- 79/80 323i.... is this the origin of Sedona red (or just pic fading!)

- The car this is replacing... bye little fella!

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2008, 12:49 AM   #2
Scotty Terrier
Rep
Drives:

Very nice.

My wifes 123d arrives 1 week tomorrow (21st July) and funally enough it is also replacing a cooper s (turbo), we were never happy with it. It spent more time at the dealers than on our driveway and it had more rattles than Mothercare.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2008, 06:25 AM   #3
K30
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

well that confirms it wasn't just us like we were told!!

squeaks rattles and worse - though the sqweaks and rattles were sorted by:
- removing the loose (rolling arround) screws from the handbrake tunnel!!
- fitting a new dash withhout botched plastic welding
- being such a persistent pain in the arse that they changed all the pannel clips for padded BMW ones!

But the big problems were clutch, flywheel, hydraulic rods, tappets, timing gears, oxygen meters, fuel pump leak, turbo failure- basicaly half a new engine and it still didn't work! sounded more like a diesel than the 123d and the power loss was horrendus from the turbo still being faulty.. it HAD to go after just 18 months. Shame as it was out second mini - had an 03 cooper and loved that, never had a problem.

I got on at BMW and Mini customer services and got a pretty hefty rebate on the mini, discount on the BMW and extra allocation car so I didn't have to wait. BMW dealer was great throughout as i was an extra car to them.

We were both a little dubious about wether the car would be as fun... althogh it's early days I can safley say that is not a worry. Somehow it feels better balanced than the mini, and (since its been wet all week) i've found it lovely not to have to scrabble for grip that the mini had

Bike rack comes on monday so will pic that too at some point.

The last weeks the worst isn't it!... I hate having to wait, esp when you know its already here and just sat in some storage depot awaiting transport.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2008, 06:35 AM   #4
SnakeDoc?
Gold Member
Rep
Drives:

Hurrah more red on the road. I can't say I feel your guys' pain cos my dealer called me ahead of schedule in April - I wasn't expecting it till late May! Hohoho...
      07-13-2008, 07:02 AM   #5
changed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by K30 View Post
...........shame it's my girlfriend's and I have to drive a pissat!

omg that is terrible....

mind you, look on the bright side.. you have 1er to drive (and clean) when you want it, well... i take it she lets you drive it

however.. she will be so smitten with it, that you will have a designated driver to the boozer for months to come!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2008, 11:28 AM   #6
K30
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

[
Quote:
omg that is terrible....

mind you, look on the bright side.. you have 1er to drive (and clean) when you want it, well... i take it she lets you drive it
he he... washed it this morning!

I'm allowed to drive it at weekends... if i've been good!

Though.. she is a teacher... so she doesn't REALLY need it for the next six weeks or so! I say that means if i'm out first, i call it!

Bit worried - we get married in 6 weeks; what if our friends and family do 'stuff' to it?!!
Appreciate 0