BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-14-2008, 01:42 PM   #1
Brasco
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Washing a car without the 2 bucket method?

Hi guys my first post hehhe:biggrin:

Just wondering with the by-law in Calgary of not being able to use car washing solutions on the driveway and letting it run onto public streets/sewers, you can't (or i choose not to) do the two bucket method at home.

Doing the 2 bucket method at those pressure washing bays is ok, but the hassle of finding a 24hour one is a pain and late at night doesn't work to well with me.

What other ways would you guys end up washing the car? Just use the pressure washers? but not the brush thats in the bays?
Will the pressure washers end up stripping the car of all the wax and such off?

Dunno if this should be in this section or in the wash/detail section, since it seems only calgary has this by-law that I know of. I did the search and keep getting 2 bucket method of washing hehe.

Oh btw I bought a JB 135, should've landed today in halifax off of the Mignon. Car wasn't ordered since they found one at the docks in germany waiting be claimed and shipped. Since it had pretty much what i was looking for i grabbed it.

Thx in advance!
Appreciate 0