BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-30-2008, 09:15 AM   #1
AndyM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

LeatherZ - Space Saver Spare Tire Kits available now

I have the LeatherZ Space Saver Spare Tire Kits available now. If you are moving away from the run flat tires but want the safety and peace of mind of having a spare tire, this is a great solution. This is a donut spare that will not eat up all of your trunk space.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 09:23 AM   #2
Crowley
Major
Rep
Drives:

cool ... fits on the front over those large breaks?

Disregard .. I should have just read your web page .. I see it says it will !

Thanks,

Crowley

The last words on the powerplant should go to a clearly overwhelmed Hormazd Sorabjee, editor and publisher of Autocar India: “There is something simply magical about BMW’s in-line six. It has a creamy smoothness that makes velvet feel like sandpaper.”
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 09:27 AM   #3
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual

I don't see what would be needed for the 135i. At $245 what is all in this kit? I also want a lightweight jack. I don't want a floor jack in my trunk. I want the donut and a small/lightweight jack. What do I need and how much for everything? I will be ordering a 135i in the future, and even with the run-crap tires I want a spare and jack. I hate the idea of going to work and having one of these POS tires getting a flat. All info and cost/weight needed. Thankyou, Jeff.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 09:32 AM   #4
AndyM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
cool ... fits on the front over those large breaks?

Disregard .. I should have just read your web page .. I see it says it will !

Thanks,

Crowley
The hub on the 135 pushes way out, that gets it over the brakes. I initial thought there was no way, but it clears.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 09:42 AM   #5
AndyM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1962 View Post
I don’t see what would be needed for the 135i. At $245 what is all in this kit? I also want a lightweight jack. I don’t want a floor jack in my trunk. I want the donut and a small/lightweight jack. What do I need and how much for everything? I will be ordering a 135i in the future, and even with the run-crap tires I want a spare and jack. I hate the idea of going to work and having one of these POS tires getting a flat. All info and cost/weight needed. Thankyou, Jeff.

Spare Only–is a donut spare (17" Steel Wheel and Continental Tire–Vinyl covers are included as soon as I get more in stock, I would wait to order until they are listed as available). Weighs 26 pounds (actual).

E82 Toolkit adds a small jack, tire iron, wheel chock and plastic bag for the flat tire. This toolkit could easily be stowed in the area next to the battery. Weighs 4-6 pounds (estimated). Adds $90

Extended toolkit is a larger version of the E82 Toolkit. Weighs 10-12 pounds (estimated). Adds $145

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 10:02 AM   #6
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep

Thanks for the details. So about $400 for the good setup. I plan on ordering this even with the run-crap tires. How would I mount this stuff in the trunk? I guess about 40# is ok. Like 5 gallons of fuel. After the run-craps wear out at 15,000 miles I will have what I need to get non-run-craps. COOL. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 04:05 PM   #7
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep
Drives: Jet Black '08 135i

LeatherZ:

Is the spare ever going to come with a cover again? The statement on your site makes it seem like you are just out of them but I am sure a few people would like to know.

Also, if you do, will it come in black?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 04:11 PM   #8
AndyM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan77 View Post
LeatherZ:

Is the spare ever going to come with a cover again? The statement on your site makes it seem like you are just out of them but I am sure a few people would like to know.

Also, if you do, will it come in black?
They are on order. I will update the site as soon as I have them. I hate to set a date on when I will get them because the guy who makes them for me is semi-retired and the dates he gives me are never firm.

The cover I sell is black vinyl only.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 04:17 PM   #9
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep
Drives: Jet Black '08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
They are on order. I will update the site as soon as I have them. I hate to set a date on when I will get them because the guy who makes them for me is semi-retired and the dates he gives me are never firm.

The cover I sell is black vinyl only.
That is cool. It just seemed open for interpretation and wanted to see which way it went.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2008, 04:07 PM   #10
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep

Buying the space saver spare and jack are great ideas. Just figure out a way to strap the spare down so it doesn't fly around.

COOL....
Appreciate 0