BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-31-2008, 11:59 PM   #1
Perfect128
Perfect128
Rep
Drives: '08 SGM 128i

Thumbs up East Bay BMW, Pleasanton - so far so good...

I have been treated with respect, my calls and emails have been returned, my salesguy, Jake, knows the car and the BMW systems. All this is sales 101, but so many places mess it up. I was promised MSRP and no markup from months before the intro. Although there may be some dealers giving discounts, at least I feel I am dealing with a straight shooter that will stand by his commits. I got an earlier build slot than expected. Ordered on Good Friday (21Mar), and will build on April 4th, for delivery mid-May. He is also throwing in the usual mats and several BMW-gear items.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2008, 08:53 PM   #2
1ToBeOn2Wheels
Freude am Fahren
United_States
Rep
Drives: B9 Audi S5 Coupe

So far so good for me too. I'm hoping it continues that way. I was originally going with Weatherford BMW in Berkeley as I had a positive experience with them with my E46. I hope I won't regret going with East Bay.

OT: Did you finance through BMW? What rate did you get? I have excellent credit and my rate was higher than I had hoped. Did you negotiate the rate (or anything else for that matter)?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 09:22 AM   #3
Perfect128
Perfect128
Rep
Drives: '08 SGM 128i

I am using a home equity line of credit to get the tax deductability.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2008, 01:08 AM   #4
MOCKBA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135 convertible

I bought my 2nd car from the dealer. I can't say that the dealer is perfect, however it looks better in comparison with others. They always try to meet your requirements, no problem in test driving different cars, they willing contact over e-mail, send detailed car specs, and so on. Negotiation is tough, some sales person are pushy. One sales person almost brought my wife in heart attack. Anyway, you can change sales person. So my last experience was good, although I didn’t get free mats, and my car didn’t have LED hand light. I am hoping to get it still. I recommend the dealership anyway. Yes, Jake is good sales person.
Regarding other SFBA dealers I dealt with. BMW of MV is worst experience; it is like cheap Toyota style dealer. I like Peter Pan BMW, however it is pricy for squaring cars. I feel completely neglected at BMW of Fremont, I even couldn’t drive any car there. I do not know how they could sell anything.
      12-07-2023, 06:24 PM   #5
adammendoza
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 330i

Smile :lol::lol::lol:

I'm researching BMW dealers for my next service. I already paid for extended service so it's a matter of hopefully finding a good service center. Hopefully that fact that it's already paid for won't affect the quality of service I get. Based on your post I'll try Peter Pan BMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOCKBA View Post
I bought my 2nd car from the dealer. I can't say that the dealer is perfect, however it looks better in comparison with others. They always try to meet your requirements, no problem in test driving different cars, they willing contact over e-mail, send detailed car specs, and so on. Negotiation is tough, some sales person are pushy. One sales person almost brought my wife in heart attack. Anyway, you can change sales person. So my last experience was good, although I didn’t get free mats, and my car didn’t have LED hand light. I am hoping to get it still. I recommend the dealership anyway. Yes, Jake is good sales person.
Regarding other SFBA dealers I dealt with. BMW of MV is worst experience; it is like cheap Toyota style dealer. I like Peter Pan BMW, however it is pricy for squaring cars. I feel completely neglected at BMW of Fremont, I even couldn’t drive any car there. I do not know how they could sell anything.
Appreciate 0