Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions m340i xDrive right for me?

04-06-2024, 05:23 PM   #1
t7716
Registered
Rep
Drives: C5 Corvette/Giulia Ti Sport

m340i xDrive right for me?

Hi I currently have a 2017 alfa romeo giulia ti sport q4 with performance package and jb4 tuned...I've been seriously eyeing the M340i for its speed. But I've come across several mentions and reviews stating that while it's fast, it may not deliver the same level of driving engagement and fun as the Alfa Romeo Giulia. This has me a bit torn because I value that thrilling, connected driving experience just as much as I appreciate outright speed.

Are there ways to bridge this gap. Are there specific modifications, tuning options, that have made your M340i feel more engaging or lively on the road, similar to or even surpassing the Giulia's driving dynamics?

I'm all ears for suggestions on suspension upgrades, software tunes, tire setups, or any other modifications that might enhance the M340i's fun factor without compromising its reliability or daily drivability too much. I love the car's potential but just want to ensure I'm making the right decision and possibly tweaking it to suit my desire for an exhilarating driving experience. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2024, 09:05 PM   #2
Eljefe25
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i xdrive

Do a test drive?
Appreciate 1
      04-07-2024, 05:52 AM   #3
Panscan340
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340

Have to test drive and see. It won’t have the same steering feel as your giulia but only you can decide if it’s engaging enough. I think deciding to buy a new car with the decision to modify it to rectify a shortcoming that is important to you is somewhat inherently problematic.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2024, 09:30 AM   #4
peelerec
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i Mineral Grey

Garage List
2022 BMW M340i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by t7716 View Post
Hi I currently have a 2017 alfa romeo giulia ti sport q4 with performance package and jb4 tuned...I've been seriously eyeing the M340i for its speed. But I've come across several mentions and reviews stating that while it's fast, it may not deliver the same level of driving engagement and fun as the Alfa Romeo Giulia. This has me a bit torn because I value that thrilling, connected driving experience just as much as I appreciate outright speed.

Are there ways to bridge this gap. Are there specific modifications, tuning options, that have made your M340i feel more engaging or lively on the road, similar to or even surpassing the Giulia's driving dynamics?

I'm all ears for suggestions on suspension upgrades, software tunes, tire setups, or any other modifications that might enhance the M340i's fun factor without compromising its reliability or daily drivability too much. I love the car's potential but just want to ensure I'm making the right decision and possibly tweaking it to suit my desire for an exhilarating driving experience. Thanks
The Giulia is more engaging stock vs stock, however the M340i has proven itself to be the more reliable of the two, as well as the aftermarket support for the G20 is far more developed than for the Giulia. You can in fact modify the G20 to make up and surpass the engagement from the Giulia. I’d recommend starting with monoballs, coilovers/ sway bars and tires.
      04-07-2024, 09:55 AM   #5
cyam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i X (2020 G20)

I own both. Plus I also own a 159 (and am an Alfa lover)

M340iX is hands down the drivers car.

The Giulia is great, looks awesome and does drive well. But the M340iX is another level. The Giulia is not, to me the better driving car, its got a great feel but the driving dynamics are not better than the M340IX- and i drive both interchangeably.
The M340iX has more settings and ability to tailor the driving experience too.

I have the M340iX tuned with XHP and xdelete. I have the AWD system set to xdeletes "Sport" mode, which is essentially completely RWD but will use the front a minimal amount if needed to maintain traction. This changes rhe steering significantly and makes the car more oversteer biased and gives the steering a better feel. Perfect for me. With XHP, xdelete and a MHD tune, the driving experience can be tailored almost infinitely.

With these mods the M340iX drives better than anything I've owned including new 911TT I've owned in the past.

At the end of the day YOU have to drive both and decide for yourself, we are talking about something that is extremely personal.

Last edited by cyam; 04-07-2024 at 10:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2024, 07:59 AM   #6
MichaelSylvia
Registered
Rep
Drives: M340i

Any update? Do you also want to get help from a professional writer to get your assignment completed? same here, which is why I am sharing this https://stateofwriting.com/uk/assign...riting-service website with you. They have helped me a few times now, and I like how they do the work so professionally and the price they are offering. So, what are you waiting for?

Last edited by MichaelSylvia; 04-21-2024 at 10:19 PM..
Appreciate 0