Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) General G20 Sedan / G22 Coupe / G26 Gran Coupe Discussions Seat and mirror memory positions confusion

04-06-2024, 04:03 AM   #1
WebMaximus
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xDrive Touring LCI

Seat and mirror memory positions confusion

In my M340i LCI (model year 2024) I'm trying to understand how the logic works behind the seat and mirror memory positions.

I know this has been discussed many times and I've read lots of other threads about it but I still fail to fully grasp where exactly these settings are saved and where and how/when they are restored.

Things in the mix include the BMW ID, the car key used and the memory buttons found on the driver's door.

Normally, I'm using the physical key when driving the car but yesterday, I played around with the Digital Key feature and also to share a digital key with my girlfriend. Really cool BTW when sharing a digital key with her that was limited. Felt quite crazy to be in the car and flooring it and experience the acceleration you would normally expect in a Fiat Uno from 1982 😂

Anyway and back on topic, when we tried the shared digital key feature worked, we used my digital key on the way home. What I noticed was how I was prompted to select my BMW ID. This puzzled me a bit since I thought my digital key was already associated with my BMW ID but apparently not.

When it didn't switch to my BMW ID automatically, I selected it manually and had to enter my PIN code. That I also don't think is ideal if you have someone next to you where you don't want that person to see your PIN code.

After successfully entering the PIN code, I noticed how the seat and mirrors were slightly adjusted. That is what really puzzled me, why my seat and mirrors were adjusted when I was using the same BMW ID I normally use when I have the physical key in my pocket. I thought all such settings are saved in my BMW ID profile but seems they are in fact (or also) tied to the key used 🤔

Then we have the memory buttons on the door to make things even more confusing, trying to understand how all this is tied together...

Guess the best way to fully understand how all this is supposed to work is to keep playing around with it 👍
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2024, 11:33 AM   #2
WebMaximus
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i xDrive Touring LCI

Found it 🙂

Didn't realize there's another sub-menu under Link key where you can choose what keys should be linked.
Appreciate 0