BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-16-2008, 01:32 AM   #1
randomquickness
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996tt

come on tirerack!

so...not to be impatient or anything but bring on the wheel configurator! :roundel: ok...I guess I am being impatient. but I'm willing to bet I'm not alone in this
      03-16-2008, 02:14 AM   #2
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

You're not alone. Seems no US retailers out there want to get a jump on the market, including Tire Rack. I'm more waiting for BBS (Germany) to add the E82 to their E87 listing. I bet the same fit. Just want to make sure I buy the correct diamond black RG-Rs, but I'm in no big hurry as my wheel purchase is slotted after my planned suspension upgrades.
      03-16-2008, 09:42 AM   #3
E82tt6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls View Post
You're not alone. Seems no US retailers out there want to get a jump on the market, including Tire Rack. I'm more waiting for BBS (Germany) to add the E82 to their E87 listing. I bet the same fit. Just want to make sure I buy the correct diamond black RG-Rs, but I'm in no big hurry as my wheel purchase is slotted after my planned suspension upgrades.
I'd bet E46 fitment would work just fine.

For RGRs, I'd go with:

18x8.5 et38 up front
18x9 et45 out back

Should be 19lbs a wheel for both! :thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 06:16 AM   #4
MastaMind
I like beer
Rep
Drives: AW 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls View Post
Hey, I plan on getting the diamond black RG=Rs too!

Well, since you're in Germany, I guess it'll work out OK. :drinking:

I'm sure it'll take just a bit for Tire Rack to get a vehicle and do some test fitting. We'll have to be patient.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 07:31 AM   #5
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaMind View Post

I'm sure it'll take just a bit for Tire Rack to get a vehicle and do some test fitting. We'll have to be patient.
Bingo. We will do measurements as soon as we have a dealer demo (anytime this week or next.) After that, there will be time needed to upload that information to the website.
The bottom line is it will still be a while for the configurator to go live for this model.

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 07:59 AM   #6
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaMind View Post

With the low value of the dollar here now, I may have to source from the US. I don't pay sales tax over here so that saves 19%, but still it may be less in the US. Whichever is cheaper. When I bought my CH wheels 2 years ago I saved $150 per wheel from buying from the US. We'll see...
      03-19-2008, 04:47 AM   #7
white911
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135I - white/coral red - sport

I plan on using the 135I to take a set of Porsche track wheels/tires to Radial Tire for some new shoes on Friday. They are one of the largest suppliers of track and performance tires in the area. I will see if they have time to check it out. In the meantime it will give me the chance to see if a set of track tires will fit in the car. If these will fit, any 135 set-up should fit.

Gil, I will pass that data on to you if I get it. I buy a lot of tires from Tirerack as well and appreciate the to-your-door service.

Appreciate 0