E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Do I have Logic 7?

07-11-2005, 07:40 AM   #1
George Chronis
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i 2006

Do I have Logic 7?

I just got an E90 with 500 miles on the clock. The dealer has no idea what packages it has on it, but it was a good deal because of the 500 miles. I'm pretty sure the car is not properly broken in, but still a good deal. I'm wondering if it has the Pro Audio package. It says professional audio on the head unit, it has two tweeters on the corners of the windows, an AUX input in the hand rest and I can select Logic 7 Music or Logic 7 Cinema in the menus. I'm not very impressed with the sound and it doesn't have a CD changer in the back (just a plastic cover that says this is where it goes). I had to mess with the equalizer to get some decent sound out of it, but it's not that bad now. I just wanted to make sure it's there, because I've read here that if it doesn't have a CD changer in the trunk, it doesn't have Logic 7.

Thanks!
      07-11-2005, 08:00 AM   #2
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

CD Changer has nothing to do with it

Do you have a speaker in each REAR door ? Then it has logic 7
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2005, 08:19 AM   #3
Kimo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E31 E90 F25 MCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chronis
The dealer has no idea what packages it has on it
That's absurd. Call BMWNA (1-800-831-1117) with your VIN, and any of the reps can tell you EXACTLY which options this vehicle has.
Mike
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2005, 08:25 AM   #4
George Chronis
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimo
That's absurd. Call BMWNA (1-800-831-1117) with your VIN, and any of the reps can tell you EXACTLY which options this vehicle has.
Mike
Ah, nice. Thanks for the help!
      07-11-2005, 08:25 AM   #5
George Chronis
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet
CD Changer has nothing to do with it

Do you have a speaker in each REAR door ? Then it has logic 7
Ah, yes, it does. Thanks!
      07-11-2005, 09:08 AM   #6
George Chronis
Private
Rep

Quote:
Ah, nice. Thanks for the help!
Now, I'm really confused. I called BMWNA and they said it has premium package, cold weather package and HiFi Audio. He told me that the Pro is different. Are there more than 2 options for audio?
      07-11-2005, 09:20 AM   #7
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Hi George, from your signature it appears that you have a 330i, so you must have the logic 7 audio package. The Pro is a label used in the euro market. BMWNA should dump some of their uninformed employees and hire E90Fleet...
Great to have someone else from Columbia on the list!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2005, 09:25 AM   #8
Spaceman
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Now, I'm really confused. I called BMWNA and they said it has premium package, cold weather package and HiFi Audio. He told me that the Pro is different. Are there more than 2 options for audio?
Hey George, I am a little confused. Didn't you have the window sticker that details the VIN and all the features of the car when you bought the car? I believe even if you did not get the original sticker, all dealers are supposed to disclose everything before selling..

Either way, if you have logic 7 that allows you to select "Concert Hall' or "Theater" settings, you have premium sound package . Excerpt from official BMW USA website:

Premium Sound System

Logic7 Surround Sound anti-theft AM/FM stereo CD/MP3* player audio system provides outstanding sound with 13 speakers and the adjustable surround sound function to create a luxurious soundscape all around you. The central concept, which uses subwoofers with door sill connection, makes for an authentic bass sound.

The 6 Disc CD changer is an extra option
      07-11-2005, 09:27 AM   #9
George Chronis
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressdoc
Hi George, from your signature it appears that you have a 330i, so you must have the logic 7 audio package. The Pro is a label used in the euro market. BMWNA should dump some of their uninformed employees and hire E90Fleet...
Great to have someone else from Columbia on the list!
Ah, ok. No wonder I couldn't find the damn option on bmwusa.com configurator. The system sounds good either way, but i just wanted to see how good of a deal I got (I guess I should have asked these questions before I got the car). Well, if you see a Jet Black 330i around, then that's me.
      07-11-2005, 09:31 AM   #10
George Chronis
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman
Hey George, I am a little confused. Didn't you have the window sticker that details the VIN and all the features of the car when you bought the car? I believe even if you did not get the original sticker, all dealers are supposed to disclose everything before selling..

Either way, if you have logic 7 that allows you to select "Concert Hall' or "Theater" settings, you have premium sound package . Excerpt from official BMW USA website:

Premium Sound System

Logic7 Surround Sound anti-theft AM/FM stereo CD/MP3* player audio system provides outstanding sound with 13 speakers and the adjustable surround sound function to create a luxurious soundscape all around you. The central concept, which uses subwoofers with door sill connection, makes for an authentic bass sound.

Seems like it is what I have. The sticker was not on (or in) the car. Dealer gave me a quote, which was well below the quote on the web, and he said it also has "some" options. This is not a BMW dealer, just a local car dealer, who buys and sells expensive cars. I'm taking my chances a bit with the 500 miles it had on it (which I'm sure are rip-me-apart-while-testing miles), but I'm counting on the warranty.
      07-11-2005, 10:04 PM   #11
CALIF65GM
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e93-35 May08 ED

Garage List
Quote:
This is not a BMW dealer, just a local car dealer, who buys and sells expensive cars. I'm taking my chances a bit with the 500 miles it had on it (which I'm sure are rip-me-apart-while-testing miles), but I'm counting on the warranty.
Hmmm I assume it's a 330 what's the badge say? Seems a tad strange that a broker/dealer has gotten his hands on a e90 already.

How much did you pay for it?

Debadged 330xi ED 11/14/05 Auto/Mystic Blue/Gray leather with Alum/PP/SP/CA/Fold-down rear seats/Alarm. Sold to Carmax on 6/7/08 with 50,624 miles on clock
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2005, 10:15 PM   #12
George Chronis
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIF65GM
Hmmm I assume it's a 330 what's the badge say? Seems a tad strange that a broker/dealer has gotten his hands on a e90 already.

How much did you pay for it?
It is an E90. I know what it looks like and I just checked the VIN with BMWNA (see above post). He gets cars all the time. He had one of the first Gallardos and now he's got an Aston Martin (not the Vanquish). He also has an old Cobra from South Africa etc., etc. I trust the guy, I've gotten 5 cars from him and he's nice. He just has people working for him, cause he's too busy and he doesn't know exactly what he has in there. I had a trade in and it's kinda hard to say exactly how much I paid, because he gave me more for the trade in than blue book. But all in all, if you consider he paid blue book for my trade in, I paid about 34K and it has the premium and cold weather. So, it's a decent deal. The trade-in had a few issues as well, that'll probably need fixing at some point. Here are some pictures I took of the car:

http://cybergeorge.net/bmw/bmw.html

The authorized dealer in town btw, has 3 E90's in the showroom. I know my dealer got this deeply discounted because it was a test drive car. But I'll sell it in 3 years anyway and warranty is for 4, so I think I'll be ok.
      07-12-2005, 08:54 AM   #13
itznin
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30

Car looks great! Can't beat the price if that is what you paid.... especially with blue book for your trade-in.

500 miles I'm sure you have nothing to worry about
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2005, 09:40 PM   #14
M 3Rilla
Wingman
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F80 ZCP

Quote:

Premium Sound System

I can't select "Concert Hall' or "Theater" settings, I can only select Music or Cinema, there is no difference between the sound quality of the two as far as I can tell.

Why is this???
      12-02-2005, 12:26 AM   #15
visor
BMW, can I have some LSD please?
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F30 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaithAzim
I can't select "Concert Hall' or "Theater" settings, I can only select Music or Cinema, there is no difference between the sound quality of the two as far as I can tell.

Why is this???
There's only Music or Cinema settings.
Cinema will put the vocals in the centre dash speaker only, whereas
Music will have the vocals coming from the left/right and centre speakers.
2017 340i xDrive | Estoril | Black | Al | 8AT | M Package
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2005, 04:04 AM   #16
Pretender
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i, 07 328i, 16 X1, >17M2

Garage List
06 330i  [0.00]
George, you have Logic 7 system PERIOD. 330i in North America has Logic7 as the standard one.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2005, 07:24 PM   #17
M 3Rilla
Wingman
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by visor
There's only Music or Cinema settings.
Cinema will put the vocals in the centre dash speaker only, whereas
Music will have the vocals coming from the left/right and centre speakers.
That is not the case with my car, there is no discernible difference between the two, when I select Cinema the vocals due not switch to the centre speaker.

I have an appointment Monday to get Satellite radio installed hopefully this will help the matter.
      02-25-2006, 08:37 AM   #18
gr8sho
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:

Premium Sound System

I've always been led to believe that the 2 subs were under the front seats, but the official BMWNA brochure has this wording and is a little different that what's above.

Quote:
The subwoofer speakers are in the door sill and produce an authentic bass sound. (std. in 330i)
Then in turn, the caption is underneath a picture that shows the speaker in the rear passenger door.

What's up with this?
Jet Black - Burl Walnut - Black Leather - 6MT
Sport Package - Premium Package - Cold Weather Package
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2006, 08:42 AM   #19
gr8sho
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaithAzim
That is not the case with my car, there is no discernible difference between the two, when I select Cinema the vocals due not switch to the centre speaker.

I have an appointment Monday to get Satellite radio installed hopefully this will help the matter.
Non-iDrive cars get those two modes. When you do the comparison, try different music sources (FM, AUX, CD). I don't believe all music will flip the vocals to center. I can't remember which was which. Frankly the Cinema setting seemed odd to me to listen to, so I always have it set to music mode.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2006, 09:17 AM   #20
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8sho
I've always been led to believe that the 2 subs were under the front seats, but the official BMWNA brochure has this wording and is a little different that what's above.

Then in turn, the caption is underneath a picture that shows the speaker in the rear passenger door.

What's up with this?
Manufacturers often refer to midrange speakers as subwoofer too

The 2 low frequency speakers are under the front seats
      02-25-2006, 02:07 PM   #21
gr8sho
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet
Manufacturers often refer to midrange speakers as subwoofer too

The 2 low frequency speakers are under the front seats
I've never seen that (calling midrange speakers subwoofers) done over here. Subs are just that. So basically the idea of Logic 7 to include those 2 extra speakers in the rear doors are not what we normally think of as subwoofers but midrange speakers. Got it.
Appreciate 0