BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-12-2007, 12:18 PM   #1
Rara
Registered
Rep
Drives:

BMW financing

I've been lurking around this board for the past few weeks. That said, I'm excited for the 135i and hope it stays in the low to mid 30k's.

Can someone enlighten me on BMW financing? Does BMW ever offer low APR financing? Similar to other companies that do 1.9 or 2.9%... I'm hoping that since this is suppose to be the entry level car they might offer some sweet loans.

I have great credit, home owner, recent college grad.. So I'd say I'm a pretty low risk.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2007, 12:45 PM   #2
atr_hugo
No longer moderate
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Automotive News shows customer incentives and dealer spiffs in it's paper. The latest AN I have rc'vd (10/8/07 - I think the post office passes them around to read before I get them ; -) shows 3.9% financing on the M6, and 6 & 7 series and 'spiffs' on the Z4 and M series (generous spiffs of $5.5K to $7.5K). Nothing listed at all for the other models.

There a bunch of folks on this forum that have purchased large numbers of cars in their lives, maybe they can share some of their expertise.

In the past, we've gone to our bank and gotten their best rate and loan pre-approval before we go into the dealership. We negotiate a loan rate from that point - if they can't better the bank's rate we go with the bank loan.

BTW, welcome aboard!!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2007, 03:17 AM   #3
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
currently bmw fs is offering 3.9 and 4.9% APR on 08 328's and 335's, this hopefully can find its way to the new 128's and 135's....
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2007, 07:17 AM   #4
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

see below
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2007, 07:26 AM   #5
TESLAASTRO
DE STIJL
Rep
Drives:

I would guess that incentives on a new model like the 135 will be non existent due to high initial demand - wait for 12 months and then I wouldnt doubt it.....

I would check out some "non traditional" sources of financing other than BMW before you go to buy the car...for sh--- and giggles I applied online with USAA (my insurance co for auto and home) and got an instant offer of 5.9% for 60 months on 37k......that beat every bank listed at bankrate.com for auto lending by at least 1 point.....my FICO is about 735 give or take.....

I actually started a new thread recently about financing, and one poster replied that you probably will do better on your own vs BMW - I asked since I havent purchased a car in about 7 years (I lease) , though I will be purchasing the 135 - I always thought that if you have your financing lined up prior to negotiations, you will be in a better position....
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2007, 09:32 PM   #6
terivera
track Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1 Series M coupe AW

pretty attractive rates for 2008 3 series cars but I doubt we will see anything exceptional on the 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TESLAASTRO View Post
I would guess that incentives on a new model like the 135 will be non existent due to high initial demand - wait for 12 months and then I wouldnt doubt it.....

I would check out some "non traditional" sources of financing other than BMW before you go to buy the car...for sh--- and giggles I applied online with USAA (my insurance co for auto and home) and got an instant offer of 5.9% for 60 months on 37k......that beat every bank listed at bankrate.com for auto lending by at least 1 point.....my FICO is about 735 give or take.....

I actually started a new thread recently about financing, and one poster replied that you probably will do better on your own vs BMW - I asked since I havent purchased a car in about 7 years (I lease) , though I will be purchasing the 135 - I always thought that if you have your financing lined up prior to negotiations, you will be in a better position....
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2007, 01:02 AM   #7
Imola.ZHP
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 BEV EE

I was told that BMWFS will give repeat BMWFS customers an extra point or so off...

I'll find out if I decide to order one...

But demand will command the interest rates available. I wont pay sticker so I wont be trying to buy at launch. I dont agree with people paying MSRP just to have it first. In two years nobody will care that you had it first, but you'll have less $$ in your pocket. Meanwhile I'll be spending the cash saved from waiting and ED on mods...

But on topic BMWFS does offer good rates, at times. I locked in 3.9% for 60 on my CPO'd ZHP AND they PAID, not delayed, my first two payments. They ran that offer again this summer too on CPO'd 3ers and 5ers...

- 2014 CPO i01 BEV Electronaut Edition Capparis White Tera World, '17-
- 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-
- 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
- 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2007, 07:17 AM   #8
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rara View Post
I've been lurking around this board for the past few weeks. That said, I'm excited for the 135i and hope it stays in the low to mid 30k's.

Can someone enlighten me on BMW financing? Does BMW ever offer low APR financing? Similar to other companies that do 1.9 or 2.9%... I'm hoping that since this is suppose to be the entry level car they might offer some sweet loans.

I have great credit, home owner, recent college grad.. So I'd say I'm a pretty low risk.

Ask your bank.... it's free!
Appreciate 0