BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-02-2007, 12:59 PM   #1
LonghornTX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Am I the first?

Well, today I bit the bullet and put myself in line at the local dealership for the 135i, complete with refundable deposit. I am the first in line, so I very well could be the first person in Austin to have one delivered. At the moment I am thinking montego blue/terra/brushed aluminum but I am also considering alpine/terra/brushed.

They also let me test drive an e90 335i 6mt w/ the sport package. That car was amazing to drive, with as much power as I would probably ever need in a car. The suspension was taut yet very comfortable and the steering wheel and shifter were very ergomonically suited to me. Then I thought, the 135i will be lighter and crisper to drive with essentially the same interior fitments......:roundel:

It is going to be a long 9+ months.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2007, 01:04 PM   #2
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

Congrats! Did you negotiate off MSRP?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2007, 01:20 PM   #3
LonghornTX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUltimateDriver View Post
Congrats! Did you negotiate off MSRP?
They were pretty firm at MSRP, which I kind of understand, but I did negotiate into our deal that if I could find a dealer willing to take a deposit for under MSRP that they would price match. So, tommorow I am going to be on the horn all day seeing what I can do :iono: . I am hoping some of the dealers in Houston or Dallas can put me down for 4-500 under MSRP, but I am not going to trip if it doesn't work out that way.

I don't really mind though, considering the timing I am in at the moment. My current car is getting very old and ideally I would like to sell it ASAP so that I wont have to shell for any major maintance items that are fast approaching. Plus, I have waited for this car for a solid 3.5-4 years now and frankly I am getting sick of waiting. Yea, I could probably wait a couple months (till next fall/winter), but I just don't have that alligator blood in me right now, so to speak.

On a side note, some guys from the dealership saw it in dallas a couple weekends ago and raved about it, so we could potentially have a VERY popular car on our hands, like....MINI popular. Could be BS, but with what we know now, I wouldn't consider that scenario too unlikely.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2007, 01:30 PM   #4
Deuces Wild
Rep
Drives:

Wow you can get one at launch for msrp? I would have figured there would be some dealer markups on them for the first year or so.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2007, 01:42 PM   #5
imported_mega
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: various bmw's

did they hint at what msrp will be?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2007, 01:50 PM   #6
LonghornTX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuces Wild View Post
Wow you can get one at launch for msrp? I would have figured there would be some dealer markups on them for the first year or so.
Here in Texas :wink: . Probably not in Orange County.....
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2007, 01:53 PM   #7
LonghornTX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega View Post
did they hint at what msrp will be?
Truthfully, we probably know more than the dealers right now. But, he did say it would be starting below 30k, "In a market we haven't been in awhile", so I am thinking the estimates we are hearing for 27-28K for the 128i and 33-35K for the 135i are on target. I hope so at least, because I have set my limit at 40k and I want to be able to order some options if need be.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2007, 02:14 PM   #8
mikeo
Santa Fe Concorso
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M-sport 328i, '13 X1 28i

Not that it's a big deal, but I got in at the top of Santa Fe BMW's 135i list Friday the 29th. Pretty easy to do since they sponsor me in SCCA Solo racing and I may campaign the 135i in the stock class it winds up in.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2007, 02:22 PM   #9
Brookside
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i M-Sport

Longhorn...you might be the first to put some money down, but I've had a 1-er on order, ie, contacted my dealer and said that I want to have the first 1-er in my city over a month ago.
There's not much they can do at this time except to flag your name and assign some sort of ordering number for the first slots that come down from BMW N/A.
Good Luck with your car.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2007, 02:37 PM   #10
si1972
Private
Rep
Drives:

I placed my provisional order on Friday the dealer didnt want a deposit.. just my name and address.. he promised me November 07 delivery for a 123d msport coupe... 4-5 months should fly by with a few vacations thrown in
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2007, 03:36 PM   #11
aesthetect
form follows function
United_States
Rep
Drives: GC impreza

well i wish i could say i was austin's second but its going to have to wait til grad school is all done with. you think 9 months is painful? but rest assured i'll be there to test drive one as soon as theyll let me.

congratulations ..ass. haha just jealous.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2007, 03:50 PM   #12
spudw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

Unfortunately I've got 2-3 years to wait for mine...:frown: So probably a 2009 or 2010 model. Wifey says it'll be my 40th b-day present.......... But time will push me closer to a 135i, i'm sure. So it's not all bad.
      07-02-2007, 05:16 PM   #13
aesthetect
form follows function
United_States
Rep
Drives: GC impreza

yeah im just convincing myself im waiting for them to work out the bugs and see if there's ever going to be an M, or a diesel.

buying this car is seriously the one thing making me consider going and working for 2-3 years between my masters and Ph.D. and thats just a bad idea, yet i cant stop considering it.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2007, 05:24 PM   #14
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I can understand MSRP on the M cars, but anything other than that I do not agree with. In April of '01 I ordered the first E46 330Ci and paid $2k over sticker.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2007, 09:45 PM   #15
EdgyE36
Wisdom Searcher
Rep
Drives: E39 M5 and E46 M3

My initial game plan -- wait for a year or so, let some old man trade it in as too small or not prestigious enough, snatch it as CPO.

Also by then maybe it'll be clear if there will be full-fledged M version.
      07-02-2007, 10:01 PM   #16
Deutsch
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I doubt there will be an M version, but if that's what helps you sleep at night... well... no ones here to piss on your dream.

I have to finish my undergrad and pay off my current car before I can even think about getting a new car, but the 1er coupe is most definitely on my list for future consideration. I've been a hardcore BMW buff since the age of 12, and when I'm in a position to buy a new car(the next car I buy) I'm definitely going to live the dream... by means of acquiring some BMW product. I bet it feels darn good to place an order for an as yet released, highly anticipated BMW!?

Funny enough, I was blasting through Muhlholand off of Las Virgenes yesterday, eastbound, and I could only imagine what a 135i coupe would have felt like driving down that road... closest thing to heaven on earth, no doubt.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2007, 11:08 PM   #17
hookemlaw
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTX View Post
Well, today I bit the bullet and put myself in line at the local dealership for the 135i, complete with refundable deposit. I am the first in line, so I very well could be the first person in Austin to have one delivered. At the moment I am thinking montego blue/terra/brushed aluminum but I am also considering alpine/terra/brushed.

They also let me test drive an e90 335i 6mt w/ the sport package. That car was amazing to drive, with as much power as I would probably ever need in a car. The suspension was taut yet very comfortable and the steering wheel and shifter were very ergomonically suited to me. Then I thought, the 135i will be lighter and crisper to drive with essentially the same interior fitments......:roundel:

It is going to be a long 9+ months.
Hey bro. Just thought I'd say I'm starting UT Law in two months and would absolutely love to buy myself a 1 series as a graduation gift in three years. I'l be looking for your ride next year!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2007, 11:29 PM   #18
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgyE36 View Post
My initial game plan -- wait for a year or so, let some old man trade it in as too small or not prestigious enough, snatch it as CPO.
That might be a good plan! Personally, I might wait a year and let BMW AG fine tune the car a bit. It is always best not to purchase the first year, plus not be forced to pay MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2007, 12:01 AM   #19
krassanova
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deutsch View Post
I doubt there will be an M version, but if that's what helps you sleep at night... well... no ones here to piss on your dream.

I have to finish my undergrad and pay off my current car before I can even think about getting a new car, but the 1er coupe is most definitely on my list for future consideration. I've been a hardcore BMW buff since the age of 12, and when I'm in a position to buy a new car(the next car I buy) I'm definitely going to live the dream... by means of acquiring some BMW product. I bet it feels darn good to place an order for an as yet released, highly anticipated BMW!?

Funny enough, I was blasting through Muhlholand off of Las Virgenes yesterday, eastbound, and I could only imagine what a 135i coupe would have felt like driving down that road... closest thing to heaven on earth, no doubt.
Hey I blast down that road all the time in my Silver (with Viper Stripes) MINI Cooper S. I work in Calabasas and go to Pepperdine. What are you driving?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2007, 01:47 AM   #20
LonghornTX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesthetect View Post
well i wish i could say i was austin's second but its going to have to wait til grad school is all done with. you think 9 months is painful? but rest assured i'll be there to test drive one as soon as theyll let me.

congratulations ..ass. haha just jealous.
What are you gonna be going to school for? I am thinking about starting an MBA in a year or two.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2007, 01:48 AM   #21
LonghornTX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I figured I probably wasn't the first .

I don't care in what order I get it, I just want it sitting in my driveway :drinking:
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2007, 01:53 AM   #22
LonghornTX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookemlaw View Post
Hey bro. Just thought I'd say I'm starting UT Law in two months and would absolutely love to buy myself a 1 series as a graduation gift in three years. I'l be looking for your ride next year!
I graduate in December. I drive a white 90' 525i, lowered, with m-contours, and an supersprint exhaust.
Appreciate 0