BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-13-2007, 11:23 AM   #1
Brookside
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i M-Sport

My 1-er Coupe

My 1-er Coupe

Advevo's great pic of the 1-er. This convinced me.

The 1-er has totally captured my heart. I don’t need to see the car in person or drive it to convince me that I want one. I’m not a tuner or a modder, I won’t race the car on the weekends...
but I want a car that is capable of being raced. Style is important, economy, technological advances and definitely the values and history that are attached to the BMW roundel. So.....

I’ve gone to my dealer and told them I want to have the first 1-coupe in my part of the country.
I want one of the first ones custom ordered from the factory built to my specs to arrive in the U.S.
This probably comes as no surprise to some of the guys who've been early and often contributors to the site.

I walked in with a print of advevo’s cell-cam photo and showed it to the general manager and sales manager of my local BMW dealership.
They hadn’t seen a better photo of the car but, interestingly they both knew a lot about it and seemed genuinely excited about the sale to me and the car itself.
Here’s what I’ve learned from them- they think the 1-er will be in N/A before May 2008.
They anticipate the 3.0 equipped model to be priced around 32k tho neither knew what kind of engine packages will be offered for sure.
What they do believe is that it will be more than a niche vehicle that appeals to only insiders.
One guy, who seemed pretty well informed talked about heritage, about BMW returning to its “roots” and how this series will spin off into roadsters and crossovers.
Rare to see a hardcore businessman rhapsodize so eloquently- perhaps it was part of the sales schtick he's worked on over the years.

I will probably end up doing most of the research. I’ve got a salesman assigned to us
but I have a feeling it will be me calling him more often than he calls me. Barring any unforseen hitches (eg: dealer avarice, delay in introduction) I should have my 1-coupe in a year from now.
I hope it all goes smooth.

I thought as time goes on, this thread could spawn more info and contributions from and for future owners like myself about purchases, prices, deals, options -

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2007, 12:56 PM   #2
Advevo
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, E30 M3 DTM

i am a great spy man

I was just plain lucky to make those pics. But i am proud of them.

My dealer has ordered a 123d coupe. It will be in here (europe) at the end of this year.

i get my 130i msport 3 doors in about 2 weeks but my new next car will be a 1er coupe. But i am still waiting for news on a M1. If the M1 is offered in a good price range i am getting that. If bmw dare to ask a very high price for it i am going for 3.0i again.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2007, 03:18 PM   #3
Brookside
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advevo View Post
i am a great spy man

I was just plain lucky to make those pics. But i am proud of them.

My dealer has ordered a 123d coupe. It will be in here (europe) at the end of this year.

i get my 130i msport 3 doors in about 2 weeks but my new next car will be a 1er coupe. But i am still waiting for news on a M1. If the M1 is offered in a good price range i am getting that. If bmw dare to ask a very high price for it i am going for 3.0i again.

The pics just cause people's jaws to drop. I had to go home from the dealership and e-mail about 6 guys out there your jpgs.
The print I showed around, the other one you took, was being passed back and forth like it was a drug.
Like I've said earlier, your photo is the first to capture the car's personality.

I think I'll probably end up with the 3.0 also...I can imagine the price they'll put on the M1.
:eyebulge:
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2007, 08:04 PM   #4
Brookside
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advevo View Post
i get my 130i msport 3 doors in about 2 weeks but my new next car will be a 1er coupe.
Did you order the 3-door in black?:biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2007, 07:40 AM   #5
Advevo
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, E30 M3 DTM

No silver just like my 130i 5 door i have now. 3 door is a lot more sporty looking. I am looking forward to it.

Black is nice though.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2007, 09:06 AM   #6
spudw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

You guys are sooooo lucky.... I'll be waiting 'till 2009 or 2010 for mine, but I'm just as impatient.

130i Coupe in red/black, black/black or black/terra with the sport package. It'll be very hard to choose.

I'd do silver, but that would make three in a row and I'll need a change...

$32k seems slightly rich, given that's on par with 328i. My guess is that entry-level with be around $28k and a step up to the better engine will start at just over $30K.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2007, 02:49 PM   #7
Brookside
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudwest View Post
You guys are sooooo lucky.... I'll be waiting 'till 2009 or 2010 for mine, but I'm just as impatient.

130i Coupe in red/black, black/black or black/terra with the sport package. It'll be very hard to choose.

I'd do silver, but that would make three in a row and I'll need a change...

$32k seems slightly rich, given that's on par with 328i. My guess is that entry-level with be around $28k and a step up to the better engine will start at just over $30K.
Honestly...32k is just about where I thought it might be...but you're right, that's going steep and already in 3 territory.
For sure there will be price overlap between the 1 and 3...but it's a different consumer...different profile.
And who gets off their money faster- the person who wants a middle-of-the-road sedan or the person who wants a premium 2-door coupe?
I think those sort of factors will affect price and finance terms.

And, early adopters always end up with tough deals...no matter how smart shopper adept.
I expect mild horror (Vincent Price) rather than full-blown digitally restored directors-cut Linda Blair.
No doubt she waits in the wings for all the M1 people.

What I'm hoping is the European members who have the oppurtunity to get a 1-er before we do, start posting on the site.
Kicks'll be voyeuristic for awhile when that happens.

Appreciate 0
      05-14-2007, 02:59 PM   #8
spudw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

Ya, this one will be stacked against the shopper for a while. Don't know if BMW dealers ever get into the gouging business (I've never bought from one before), but, if so, this could follow Miata, Beetle Mini in terms of consumers having to fall on their swords to be first to drive away with one... The only real negotiation will be over financing, trades and maybe add-ons...

But at the end of the day, when passion outweighs price, the buyer always wins....
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2007, 04:51 PM   #9
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

I'm realy undecided on the color I want my 1 to be. I'm stuck between red(seen some nice red hatchbacks,) blue, white, or black. But if I can get the car to closely mimic the Technik 330 below then i'm sold on black. I want the big wheels and Brembo brakes too. so hot

Appreciate 0
      05-17-2007, 04:07 PM   #10
Brookside
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehots2k View Post
I'm realy undecided on the color I want my 1 to be. I'm stuck between red(seen some nice red hatchbacks,) blue, white, or black. But if I can get the car to closely mimic the Technik 330 below then i'm sold on black. I want the big wheels and Brembo brakes too. so hot

It's hard to beat BMW's "Jet Black"...I've got it on my Z4. Takes constant attention to keep clean. But the look is gorgeous.

I'm sort of curious about which unique colors we'll get...the blue on advevo's 1-er spy shot is pretty nice. Living with it though might get old after awhile.

Also, called BMW/NA marketing today and they won't even say the car is coming...info that my dealer has confirmed as a definite go.
Appreciate 0