BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-27-2006, 01:37 AM   #1
LonghornTX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

New member check in.....

Hey guys, I just registered and thought I would post a quick hello. I too share everyone heres addition to the idea that we could get a little Bimmer. To me, it would be the ultimate BMW for me: Lightweight like the old ones, and relatively simple. And best of all, decently affordable for a guy like me.

For those addicted to info about these cars, there are two other sites I recomend checking from time to time.
1.www.babybmw.net -A mostly UK site, but nonetheless, great members and good info
2.www.germancarzone.com- In the 1-series section, they have a member that some pretty good insider info about these cars, he goes by Tine.

Anyways, if yall want to, we can make this an introductory thread for everyone to say hello as I have a feeling we may all be going through some crazy ups and downs in the coming months/years .

EDIT(Sorry, I am sleep deprived and did not notice the thread below)
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2006, 12:30 PM   #2
bmwfreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Welcome aboard, both those sites seem great, but was trying to get a different flavor of BMW enthusiast here, maybee a bit more relevent to us Anyways, welcome aboard
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2006, 05:28 PM   #3
LonghornTX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Definately hear on you on that. I feel that this could become the hub of North American interest for the 1/Z much like the babybmw.net site has for the UK. I like the site very much, keep up the good work.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2006, 06:34 PM   #4
bmwfreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTX
Definately hear on you on that. I feel that this could become the hub of North American interest for the 1/Z much like the babybmw.net site has for the UK. I like the site very much, keep up the good work.

Thanks, I hope your right, I willl keep the site updated as much as possible and hopefully we can form a nice community around this car

:drinking:
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 11:12 PM   #5
guenelin
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Hell yeah! Bring on the 130 M Sport... 2-door, 2002 style... just bring it.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2006, 01:42 PM   #6
imported_Paul
Tall Member
Rep
Drives:

Its good to get a site up and running before the car is launched, BabyBM did that, it grew and grew on the strength of the interest and impending launch, hope things go as well here well with the tens of thousands of 1ers that will be sold over in the US :thumbup:

At least you guys know that all the bugs have been sorted when you do get a launch