E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > Quickest take off for 320D

01-12-2009, 08:36 AM   #1
skar
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 Black 320D

Quickest take off for 320D

I recently tried figuring out what would be the fastest take off for a 320D using two possible methods. Conditions of the road are dry smooth bitumen.

First - Press the DTC button once, enabling it. Brake torque to around 1500RPM in DS, then release the brake and accelerate quickly but not using Kick down until around 50kph.

Second - Same technique as first, however using M mode (Steptronic) instead.

I'm assuming both methods would be the same because once Kick down is enabled, M mode would be overridden anyway and become like DS with automatic shifts.

I noticed that both methods are extremely effective as I was able to beat a Subaru Liberty in acceleration by a cars length before it slowly caught up to take the lead. Around the track is was just dominating with AWD.

However, these methods are what I gathered from searching on the forums about take offs and this might be the wrong techniques to go about with for my car so any suggestions would be nice =)
Appreciate 0