E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Right ipod interface for '07 E90 + iPod touch

01-10-2009, 04:26 AM   #1
collin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sport+Premium Nav

Right ipod interface for '07 E90 + iPod touch

I've read a bunch of threads about the topic but wanted to make sure I got the right info for my situation.

I have a 2007 E90 335i sedan with iDrive and Nav. It has the aux input in the center console but no ipod or USB interface installed. I just got an iPod touch (1st generation) and want to be able to use it on the iDrive screen and charge it as well. I may get an second gen unit sometime too.

Which iPod interface part number is right for my situation? Roughly how much are dealers charging to install/recode for this item? Can it be installed in the center console or on a mount rather than in the glove compartment?

Thanks,
Collin
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 09:20 AM   #2
ehssan_alkhiyami
I don't drive fast , i fly very low
Germany
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 , F31 320D Xdrive

if you have a CD changer placed in the trunk , then the best and the easier option for you is to get the OEM I-Pod interface from BMW ,,, exactly 5 minutes job to install it ,, but that's only if you car can read MP3 CD's at least fron the indash cd player ...

I bought one and BMW is fixing it for me now because I gave the car for a full service .. but I would have done it myself but I wanted to be showen in the car history ...
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2009, 01:03 PM   #3
collin
Private
Rep

i don't have a cd changer in the trunk. actually, i thought you couldn't have the changer and the ipod interface at the same time since the interface uses the cd changer input? or am i mixing up the third party interfaces or an older interface? this is why reading old threads mixes you up.

can anybody clarify with the right part numbers, etc?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2009, 02:22 PM   #4
9PointStar
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 F82 ZCP - Fashion Grey

I have an 06 E90 with iDrive and Nav and I had the OEM Ipod Kit installed. It does use up the CD Changer input as it operates through CD-1. I cant comment on the cost as I had negotiated the price as an all in when i purchased the car, but I would assume pricing to be around the $400-$500 range.
      01-12-2009, 07:20 PM   #5
collin
Private
Rep

i'd consider buying and installing the interface myself. anybody have a part number to look for?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2009, 06:07 PM   #6
david @ eas
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

The best kit that's available on the market today is the one we carry at the moment. It's the mObridge iPod adapter for your car. We have this in stock and ready to ship out immediately!

The mObridge AUDIO iPod interface is not limited to 250 songs or folders like the BMW CD changer or BMW's own iPod kit, but supports the entire iPod contents as well as providing an auxiliary audio input and allowing manual mode control. It is available for vehicles whether or not the vehicle supports MP3 -- in the BMW models that do not support MP3, mObridge will emulate CD tracks.

Just take a look at what we have to offer:

mObridge - iPod integration kit for e90/91/92/93 3-series
http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...oducts_id=1651

Standard Features

- Supports iPod Mini, 4th Gen, 4th Gen Photo, Nano, 2nd Gen Nano, iPod Video, 3rd Gen Nano, iPod Classic, iPod Touch, iPhone
- Firmware upgradeable via memory card for future features.
- 24 bit ADC stereo for a more complete experience.
- 500uA Sleep Current. Lower sleep current draw than OEM specifications. - Configurable for all vehicles via iTune's MP3 tag.
- Configurable for First five playlists, numbered playlists or full folder support for iPod browsing.
- Paging to gain access to lists greater than the CD limitation of 99 giving full access to the iPod. Also possible on radio's without text support.
- Last disc, last folder, last track memory retention for fast startup.
- Access to Playlists/Artists/Albums/Genre/All Songs.
- Random, Repeat, Scan options.
- Auxiliary input for external audio source.
- Exit iPod lockout mode for manual control with the ability to continue track up/down from the steering wheel controls.
- iPod USB charging.
- Bypass switch to remove interface from the MOST ring, allowing "undetectable mode" for dealer visits.
- Dedicated Auxiliary override for phone system input.

If you have any questions about the kit, please feel free to send over a PM or give us a call!
Appreciate 0