BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) Australia X1/iX1 Order Thread

01-06-2023, 05:39 AM   #1
dejy
Private
Rep
Drives: Various

Garage List
2023 X1 U11  [0.00]
Australia X1/iX1 Order Thread

Keen to hear about any Australian orders of the X1/iX1.

I ordered my X1 in November with a May/June expected delivery date which is quite a long wait! How are other orders tracking?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2023, 07:22 PM   #2
RonBuck
Rep
Drives: iX1

I ordered an iX1 mid-December and expected delivery is August…☹️
Appreciate 2
dejy58.50
      01-06-2023, 08:38 PM   #3
Mechta
Rep
Drives: BMW iX1 (on order)

Hi there,

iX1 M-Sport Portimao ordered mid November expected delivery June.
Appreciate 2
dejy58.50
      01-07-2023, 06:38 AM   #4
dejy
Private
Rep

Garage List
2023 X1 U11  [0.00]
Nice a few iX1 orders, congrats!

I think you guys ordered at a great time cause I've heard the iX1's MSRP went up since the start of the new year by $2k and the enhancement pack is now separate so will cost an additional $4300 rather then be included in the standard package here in Aus now (essentially a $6.3k price increase). I've also heard the X1's are super popular in general and the expected wait times are now pushing out to 9+ months!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2023, 07:21 AM   #5
RonBuck
Rep
Drives: iX1

Yes, early enough to beat the price rise and hopefully late enough to get the new Android system for iDrive 9! ��
Appreciate 1
evad3.00
      01-07-2023, 09:44 AM   #6
royster70
Rep
Drives: BMW 118i BMW iX1 on order

Also ordered an ix1 Portemao blue with 20” wheels ( with sensatec oyster / aluminium mesh ) in late December ( after the new ev legislation landed) and had time to test drive and eyeball an x1 20i xdrive. The build date when I ordered was May and up-to 3 months later for delivery

I was looking at the ix3 previously which I liked but had concerns on price and resale as it would date quickly compared to all the bmws being refreshed with Idrive 8.
Appreciate 1
dejy58.50
      01-07-2023, 08:41 PM   #7
articulatedsphinx
meow
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Ordered in November 2nd week.

San Remo Green Xline ix1 / Mocha Interior / Eucalyptus Wood / 20" wheels

8th week 2023 build date completion. (20 feb). Delivery End April estimated.

$89.5k out the door.

Melbourne based.

Last edited by articulatedsphinx; 01-07-2023 at 08:46 PM..
Appreciate 2
dejy58.50
      01-08-2023, 12:24 AM   #8
dejy
Private
Rep

Garage List
2023 X1 U11  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by articulatedsphinx View Post
Ordered in November 2nd week.

San Remo Green Xline ix1 / Mocha Interior / Eucalyptus Wood / 20" wheels

8th week 2023 build date completion. (20 feb). Delivery End April estimated.

$89.5k out the door.

Melbourne based.
Nice, I'm also Melbourne based.

I still haven't had my build week confirmed and was just told a rough estimate when I initially ordered in late November for March I believe.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2023, 01:37 AM   #9
royster70
Rep
Drives: BMW 118i BMW iX1 on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejy View Post
Nice, I'm also Melbourne based.

I still haven't had my build week confirmed and was just told a rough estimate when I initially ordered in late November for March I believe.
Also in Melbourne, the build month was an estimate but they mentioned there was big jump in build month when I ordered and that seems to be the case based on your November orders and build dates.
Appreciate 1
dejy58.50
      01-08-2023, 01:46 AM   #10
articulatedsphinx
meow
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by royster70 View Post
Also in Melbourne, the build month was an estimate but they mentioned there was big jump in build month when I ordered and that seems to be the case based on your November orders and build dates.
To be honest, with the new idrive 9 news I'm inclined to hope for a delay. Or maybe my build will have it but I'm not holding my breath.

There is some article that says it will be out in 2months time so that could either be delivered cars or cars hitting the production floor in 2 months.
Appreciate 1
      01-08-2023, 01:49 AM   #11
skyboum
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1(U11)

Quote:
To be honest, with the new idrive 9 news I'm inclined to hope for a delay. Or maybe my build will have it but I'm not holding my breath.

There is some article that says it will be out in 2months time so that could either be delivered cars or cars hitting the production floor in 2 months.
I really hope BMW will push the update if wish upon visit to the service…
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2023, 03:56 AM   #12
dejy
Private
Rep

Garage List
2023 X1 U11  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboum View Post
I really hope BMW will push the update if wish upon visit to the service…
Unfortunately it looks like the head unit is being replaced to support the Android based iDrive 9 - https://www.bmwblog.com/2023/01/07/b...-get-idrive-9/

So earlier X1 builds will remain on the Linux based iDrive OS and it won't be upgradable to the Android based iDrive OS. But with that being said they said they will still continue to update the Linux based iDrive.

Last edited by dejy; 01-08-2023 at 03:58 AM.. Reason: Link fix
Appreciate 2
      01-12-2023, 03:45 AM   #13
dejy
Private
Rep

Garage List
2023 X1 U11  [0.00]
Any Aus orders get any news or updates from your dealership about the delay or new head unit?

I asked my sales consultant and they said everything is on track with no changes to build date or estimated delivery (March build date - May/June delivery). He believes it has no delays and knew nothing of the new head unit. With that being said he was unable to confirm the build week and said would get back to me in the next few weeks with the exact production week.
Appreciate 1
      01-12-2023, 03:54 AM   #14
articulatedsphinx
meow
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Any Aus orders get any news or updates from your dealership about the delay or new head unit?
I haven't heard anything but then again I haven't asked. I try to ask once a month to avoid pestering. My last order I was (admittedly) too excited so this time i'm cooling off a bit.

I will enquire next week or week after if I don't hear anything as I'm week 8 so should be finished building the week of the 20th of feb.

Which means my car should have an order sheet and VIN finalised at some point. We shall see. I am quite curious to see what I'll be getting.
Appreciate 1
dejy58.50
      01-12-2023, 03:53 PM   #15
dejy
Private
Rep

Garage List
2023 X1 U11  [0.00]
Quote:
I haven't heard anything but then again I haven't asked. I try to ask once a month to avoid pestering. My last order I was (admittedly) too excited so this time i'm cooling off a bit.

I will enquire next week or week after if I don't hear anything as I'm week 8 so should be finished building the week of the 20th of feb.

Which means my car should have an order sheet and VIN finalised at some point. We shall see. I am quite curious to see what I'll be getting.
lol I'm the same and try to avoid asking questions too often but at the same time I don't get any info from my sales consultant and have to ask. Last time I asked about getting a order/build sheet, my sales consultant asked me if I was talking about the contract I signed which just had basic info about the vehicle (model, colour, packs). I said an itemised list of all the features specific to the car I bought and he had no idea what I was talking about and wanted to send me a brochure.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2023, 01:54 AM   #16
skyboum
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1(U11)

Quote:

Its not possible to cool off haha This X1 is just so great and the first car ever and I'm super excited. Its my 4th car but never ever been so excited.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2023, 04:34 AM   #17
Mechta
Rep
Drives: BMW iX1 (on order)

Quote:

Lol, that made me check today when was the last time I have hassled my SA about the order progress, which was just over a month ago.
Appreciate 1
dejy58.50
      01-14-2023, 03:31 AM   #18
dejy
Private
Rep

Garage List
2023 X1 U11  [0.00]
Any Aussie buyers know if we are getting the hands-free(kick) tailgate? I tested it at the dealership near me recently and neither the X1 U11 18i nor 20i (both with enhancement packs) worked with hand-free (tail) tailgate opening. I believe in the US the demo models didn't have that option but when buyers got their X1's it came with it so curious if anyone has asked the question to a SA/SC here in Aus?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2023, 10:40 PM   #19
dejy
Private
Rep

Garage List
2023 X1 U11  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboum View Post
Its not possible to cool off haha This X1 is just so great and the first car ever and I'm super excited. Its my 4th car but never ever been so excited.
haha congrats! This will be my 7th car (3rd BMW) but my current car is over 10 years old and I feel this jump will be the biggest from a technological standpoint for me and I'm also very excited about it.

Also just an update on my original March build May/June delivery X1. My SC called earlier and let me know my car production actually starts next week! He said to expect two weeks in production and then once it gets on a shipping vessel he will give me the vessel details so I can track it's movements.

Looks like I'll be getting my X1 a lot sooner than expected

Last edited by dejy; 01-16-2023 at 10:46 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2023, 10:44 PM   #20
bluecrabby
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X1

Quote:
Just an update on my original March build May/June delivery X1. My SC called earlier and let me know my car production actually starts next week! He said to expect two weeks in production and then once it gets on a shipping vessel he will give me the vessel details so I can track it's movements.

Looks like I'll be getting my X1 a lot sooner than expected
Congrats! Hope the ship from Germany to Australia doesn't take too long.

which reminds me... I assume that as soon as production is about to start, no further changes to the order can be made. I need to really think fast about making a couple more changes to colors and options or risk having my CA call me to say "no more changes!"
Appreciate 2
dejy58.50
      01-17-2023, 12:32 AM   #21
04S
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4 xDrive, X5 40i and U11 X1

Quote:
Any Aussie buyers know if we are getting the hands-free(kick) tailgate? I tested it at the dealership near me recently and neither the X1 U11 18i nor 20i (both with enhancement packs) worked with hand-free (tail) tailgate opening. I believe in the US the demo models didn't have that option but when buyers got their X1's it came with it so curious if anyone has asked the question to a SA/SC here in Aus?
I ordered mine way back in June 22, Delivered on 30 October. I believe the first one in Australia. Mine is a 20i and is fully loaded. It came without the hands free tailgate. All of the initial batch came without that option - it was listed as a special delete on the order sheet. Not sure if they are still deleting them. It would be really useful to have it, but, you get used to not having it after a while.
Appreciate 1
dejy58.50
      01-17-2023, 03:23 PM   #22
dejy
Private
Rep

Garage List
2023 X1 U11  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecrabby View Post
Congrats! Hope the ship from Germany to Australia doesn't take too long.

which reminds me... I assume that as soon as production is about to start, no further changes to the order can be made. I need to really think fast about making a couple more changes to colors and options or risk having my CA call me to say "no more changes!"
Thanks

Yep, when I ordered I got told we only had about 4 weeks to make changes on colours or options before they were locked in. That ended up being about a month before the production start date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04S View Post
I ordered mine way back in June 22, Delivered on 30 October. I believe the first one in Australia. Mine is a 20i and is fully loaded. It came without the hands free tailgate. All of the initial batch came without that option - it was listed as a special delete on the order sheet. Not sure if they are still deleting them. It would be really useful to have it, but, you get used to not having it after a while.
Oh nice, hope you are enjoying your X1
That sucks about the hands free tailgate, based on yours not coming with it I'm guessing mine likely won't also but I'll try get my order sheet to confirm.

When did you get your order sheet? When it went into production?
Appreciate 0