ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-04-2009, 03:38 PM   #1
richard85duncan
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 m3, X5 3.0sd

z4 m coupe supercharger

hello
i'm looking at buying a z4 m coupe with the intention of supercharging it.
i've seen the ESS kit but i'm not sure about it cause it doesn't lower the compression.

i'm after a very reliable 550-600BHP that can be thrashed round the track all day long and then be driven home again.

just wondering if any of you guys have any experience of the ESS kit or other kits that lower the compression.
any help would be great

thanks
Rich
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2009, 04:38 PM   #2
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Rom3n would be the best person to ask about the ESS kit, try giving him a PM. As far as others go, I'm not sure I've seen any other manufacturers that offer a reliable product like ESS. I think HPF might be working on a TURBO kit for the Z4M this year sometime, but it wasn't a high priority for them. You can try emailing them and asking...

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2009, 04:43 PM   #3
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: white

roman has his supercharger on sale for 6k local and 7k shipped it is a smoking deal the kit cost over 10k new and is hard to get in North America
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2009, 04:44 PM   #4
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: white

here is the post of him selling http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195405
apparently the kit is very realiable and only one offered for the z4m
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2009, 06:12 PM   #5
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard85duncan View Post
hello
i've seen the ESS kit but i'm not sure about it cause it doesn't lower the compression.

i'm after a very reliable 550-600BHP that can be thrashed round the track all day long and then be driven home again.

just wondering if any of you guys have any experience of the ESS kit or other kits that lower the compression.
any help would be great

thanks
Rich
You do not need to lower the compression unless you are going to run 9 + PSI and in some cases there are M3's running 10 + PSI with SCers and turbos without lower compression and are just fine. The S54 can handle to a point higher levels of boost. You can get 500-550HP with the ESS kit but beyond that you would need to have a custom kit built that would include and engine build. Other then ESS no one currently has a working production FI kit for the Z4M.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2009, 07:49 PM   #6
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard85duncan View Post
hello

any help would be great

thanks
Rich
People have been running 9psi on completely stock e46 (same engine) for many years now. It's not an issue. The ess kit is very conservative so it's your best bet out of all of them.

Where are you located?