BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) Thoughts on San Remo Green?

12-13-2022, 12:24 AM   #1
raconteurism
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 X1

Thoughts on San Remo Green?

I'm thinking about San Remo Green. I've seen it on an i4 at the dealer and I thought it looked cool. But some of the photos/videos on YouTube look pretty different than the in person experience.

I'd be curious to hear from owners and others who have seen an X1 San Remo in person.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 06:57 AM   #2
tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
I saw this color at the dealership last night on a 4-Series. I think it's really nice; it's pretty dark, almost looked blackish-green inside the showroom at night. I haven't seen it in the daytime; but I'm pretty sure some members here have purchased SRG, and can confirm.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 07:55 AM   #3
bluecrabby
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X1

I saw San Remo Green on a super sunny day in person on the X1 at the dealership.

While it's really beautiful, I don't like how there's a hint of yellow/green when looking at it from certain angles. I prefer the British racing green(or whatever color name they call it) on the M3.

Having said that, color is a very personal choice. Pick the color that makes you happy and suitable for your area.

If I can get away with it, I'll pick Frozen Pure Grey which is absolutely amazing, but it's just not very practical for the way I driver and wash my cars. also I absolutely could not stand the M Sport suspension when I test drove it.(Frozen Pure Grey requires the M Sport option, making it nearly an extra $5000)
Appreciate 1
tex26702412.50
      12-14-2022, 10:50 AM   #4
Kromans1
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Chevy Equinox --> BMW X1?

We absolutely love our San Remo green. It is a chameleon color though, changing in different lighting conditions. Coming out of the grocery store one day I saw my car in the sunlight in the parking lot and it took my breath away.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 11:14 AM   #5
bluecrabby
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromans1 View Post
We absolutely love our San Remo green. It is a chameleon color though, changing in different lighting conditions. Coming out of the grocery store one day I saw my car in the sunlight in the parking lot and it took my breath away.
that was my reaction when I was it on a very sunny day. dark green has always been my favorite color since the 1980s.

have you driven it though snow or ice yet? I'm just wondering how it performs with the stock 18" wheels/tires.

thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 11:19 AM   #6
Kromans1
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecrabby View Post
that was my reaction when I was it on a very sunny day. dark green has always been my favorite color since the 1980s.

have you driven it though snow or ice yet? I'm just wondering how it performs with the stock 18" wheels/tires.

thanks!
Yes, we drove it into the White Mountains of New Hampshire, and it handled very well. I felt very secure in the snow and ice, both highway and on tiny, barely paved roads.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 11:22 AM   #7
Kromans1
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I'll say this too for the color: we've gotten quite a bit of positive reaction from folks about how beautiful it is. That's been nice.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 12:17 PM   #8
bluecrabby
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, we drove it into the White Mountains of New Hampshire, and it handled very well. I felt very secure in the snow and ice, both highway and on tiny, barely paved roads.
guess I should stop thinking about getting another set of Nokian studded snow tires for the X1. I have a set on my Mercedes W210 E-class wagon(rear-wheel-drive) which performs better on ice than most AWD SUVs with all-season or even all-weather tires. Besides, the two X1 that are on order probably won't be here until February which means winter will almost be over.(hopefully)
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 12:23 PM   #9
Paradocks
Private
Rep
Drives: Future BMW X1

Quote:
I'll say this too for the color: we've gotten quite a bit of positive reaction from folks about how beautiful it is. That's been nice.
That's a gorgeous color! It is one of my top three selections, the other two being Utah Orange and Blue Bay Lagoon. After years of owning nothing but white, black, silver or brown cars I need something with a little
Appreciate 1
Kromans1174.00
      12-14-2022, 12:40 PM   #10
bluecrabby
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradocks View Post
That's a gorgeous color! It is one of my top three selections, the other two being Utah Orange and Blue Bay Lagoon. After years of owning nothing but white, black, silver or brown cars I need something with a little
blue bay lagoon does look real nice on a snowy mountain!

(ignore the orange one at the beginning)

not to mention the fact that I still can't take my eyes off this Frozen Pure Grey X1.... saw the color in person(also on a super sunny day) and it was absolutely gorgeous... no photo/video can do it justice.
but too high maintenance for me)

Last edited by bluecrabby; 12-14-2022 at 12:47 PM..
Appreciate 0