BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) Delivered: Portimao Blue MSport with Shadowline

12-11-2022, 11:40 AM   #1
SeekTheFinest
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X1 M-Sport

Delivered: Portimao Blue MSport with Shadowline

We finally took delivery of our Portimao Blue MSport with Shadowline on Thursday of last week. The car was ordered in August before production began, entering the assembly line on September 28th, and was completed on October 11th. It was in port for about a week and shipped out of Bremerhaven on October 20th arriving in New York on November 5th. This vehicle was unique as it traveled through production and shipping with no-stop sale orders, due to its production timing.

Name:  IMG_7033 (2).jpg
Views: 3588
Size:  381.2 KB
Name:  IMG_7044.jpg
Views: 2332
Size:  472.5 KB

It was ordered in Portimao Blue, with the Shadowline Package, MSport Trim Line, Premium Package, 19" Wheel with All Season Tires, Piano Black Trim, and Heated Seats and Steering. It has the Alcantara Seats with Blue Stitching which is an excellent look with the Portimao Blue exterior and Shadowline.

Name:  IMG_7042.jpg
Views: 3047
Size:  531.2 KB

Once it arrived at the dealership, it took a couple of weeks to get the deal closed and take delivery. Since it was ordered sight unseen, we really wanted to test drive the vehicle. Coming from a Honda CRV my wife was pleasantly surprised with its size. It fits easily in the garage and while the cargo space is not huge, it will be adequate for a non-primary car. She took a test drive and had no complaints about the power or driving dynamics. We elected to have the front-end PPF'd and the car ceramic coated including the interior before taking delivery since this will be a commuter car.

Name:  IMG_7035.jpg
Views: 2127
Size:  400.5 KB

We also elected to outfit the vehicle with a couple of the accessories that were not offered when we ordered:

Line Designation Badges (Euro Spec)
All-Weather Floor Mats - 51-47-5-A2D-A74 / 51-47-5-A2D-A75
M-Valve Stem Caps - 36-12-2-447-402
LED Floor Projectors - 63-31-2-463-924

This was the first sold order delivery for our dealership, so they were really impressed with the overall spec. The blue and black combination looks especially nice with the 19" wheel option and Alcantara interior.

We paid MSRP and the only add-ons were the ceramic coating and PPF which we elected to have the dealership manage, since the warranties and pricing were attractive, as compared to outside detailers. The deal was financed at 3.25% through our local credit union.

Overall we are very pleased with the car. It is certainly an advancement from my wife's 10-year-old Honda which has largely been a workhorse. The overall design aspect is quite sporty and fits my wife's needs quite well. I know some people have complained about the car's driving dynamics and steering, but we are first-time BMW owners and find everything to be more than satisfying for an entry-level BMW SUV. Build quality seems on par with our Audi Q7 and we are excited to now have a garage full of Germans. Welcome home Queen Maeve the MSport (I guess the wife has to name her cars).

Last edited by SeekTheFinest; 12-11-2022 at 12:51 PM..
Appreciate 5
      12-11-2022, 11:56 AM   #2
bluecrabby
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X1

Congrats!!!

oh come on, you're not going to post the most two important angles of the M Sport package?(i.e. the front and rear bumpers!)

I've always owned a mix of three Mercedes(Germany-built only) and two Lexus(both Japan-built only) in my garage. I've always dreamed of having a Mercedes(Germany-built) and a BMW(Germany-built)... so once the X1 arrives, my dream will finally be realized. My mother also ordered the X1... so when she comes to visit and parks in my garage, there will be two X1, side-by-side!

Last edited by bluecrabby; 12-11-2022 at 12:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2022, 12:47 PM   #3
huma
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: U11 one day

Congrats, pictures of a/w mats please?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2022, 01:08 PM   #4
SeekTheFinest
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by huma View Post
Congrats, pictures of a/w mats please?
Here are some pictures of the all-weather mats. Purchased from BMW of Silver Spring (getBMWparts.com)

Name:  IMG_7046.jpg
Views: 2003
Size:  273.5 KB

Name:  IMG_7045.jpg
Views: 1980
Size:  270.6 KB
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2022, 01:14 PM   #5
huma
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: U11 one day

Thanks!

What is the difference between the all season and all weather mats? Looks like the pictures from bmw for the fronts are just a place holder, but the rears are the same as yours.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2022, 01:43 PM   #6
SeekTheFinest
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by huma View Post
Thanks!

What is the difference between the all season and all weather mats? Looks like the pictures from bmw for the fronts are just a place holder, but the rears are the same as yours.
Honestly, I'm not sure about the difference... These are the all-weather mats according to ShopBMW and other online retailers. I didn't want the X1 all-season mats, because I didn't care for the X1 symbol on them, but these were clean and simple.

Part # is

51-47-5-A2D-A74 for the fronts
51-47-5-A2D-A75 for the rears

These are the mats that are offered as port-installed options. ShopBMW didn't have the front mats listed on their website, but various online retailers did. I purchased from Audi of Silver Spring (getBMWparts) as their pricing was the best, but shipping was about $20.00 for the mats, projects, and a couple of other things I purchased.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2022, 01:53 PM   #7
bluecrabby
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekTheFinest View Post
Here are some pictures of the all-weather mats. Purchased from BMW of Silver Spring (getBMWparts.com)
]

wow... that's next door to Mercedes of Silver Spring where my family has been buying since 1998!
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 09:39 AM   #8
TGTBTU
TGTBTU
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 X-drive M40i

Congrats! That looks fantastic! Enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 10:37 AM   #9
RigaTony1982
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
Congratulations! Any chance you could take some interior pictures? My wife is considering this exact combo, and I haven’t found any really good pictures online.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 07:25 PM   #10
Fumus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X1 xDrive28i

Quote:
We finally took delivery of our Portimao Blue MSport with Shadowline on Thursday of last week. The car was ordered in August before production began, entering the assembly line on September 28th, and was completed on October 11th. It was in port for about a week and shipped out of Bremerhaven on October 20th arriving in New York on November 5th. This vehicle was unique as it traveled through production and shipping with no-stop sale orders, due to its production timing.

Attachment 3053283
Attachment 3053216

It was ordered in Portimao Blue, with the Shadowline Package, MSport Trim Line, Premium Package, 19" Wheel with All Season Tires, Piano Black Trim, and Heated Seats and Steering. It has the Alcantara Seats with Blue Stitching which is an excellent look with the Portimao Blue exterior and Shadowline.

Attachment 3053217

Once it arrived at the dealership, it took a couple of weeks to get the deal closed and take delivery. Since it was ordered sight unseen, we really wanted to test drive the vehicle. Coming from a Honda CRV my wife was pleasantly surprised with its size. It fits easily in the garage and while the cargo space is not huge, it will be adequate for a non-primary car. She took a test drive and had no complaints about the power or driving dynamics. We elected to have the front-end PPF'd and the car ceramic coated including the interior before taking delivery since this will be a commuter car.

Attachment 3053219

We also elected to outfit the vehicle with a couple of the accessories that were not offered when we ordered:

This was the first sold order delivery for our dealership, so they were really impressed with the overall spec. The blue and black combination looks especially nice with the 19" wheel option and Alcantara interior.

We paid MSRP and the only add-ons were the ceramic coating and PPF which we elected to have the dealership manage, since the warranties and pricing were attractive, as compared to outside detailers. The deal was financed at 3.25% through our local credit union.

Overall we are very pleased with the car. It is certainly an advancement from my wife's 10-year-old Honda which has largely been a workhorse. The overall design aspect is quite sporty and fits my wife's needs quite well. I know some people have complained about the car's driving dynamics and steering, but we are first-time BMW owners and find everything to be more than satisfying for an entry-level BMW SUV. Build quality seems on par with our Audi Q7 and we are excited to now have a garage full of Germans. Welcome home Queen Maeve the MSport (I guess the wife has to name her cars).
Great Pics! My first thought was... it's got the badges!!

Similar ordering timeline to mine only I won't be getting off the ship until tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 09:43 PM   #11
SeekTheFinest
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigaTony1982 View Post
Congratulations! Any chance you could take some interior pictures? My wife is considering this exact combo, and I haven’t found any really good pictures online.
Here are some additional pictures of the interior. If you are looking for anything specific let me know and I'll try to capture them this weekend.

Name:  IMG_7037.jpg
Views: 1859
Size:  390.4 KB

Name:  IMG_7038.jpg
Views: 1833
Size:  239.5 KB
Appreciate 1
      12-12-2022, 11:13 PM   #12
harris06
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 x1

Quote:

Attachment 3053283
Attachment 3053216

Attachment 3053217

Attachment 3053219

Congratulations!! The alcantra interior makes it a great combo for the portimau blue
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 12:04 AM   #13
Rags2Rags
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 X1

I'm so happy to see this thread as ours will be close to yours so it's nice to see "real" pictures of it. Should only be another month or less.

I'm in Canada so our X1 won't come with badges either so I've been considering getting some but I'm afraid they would fall off during car washes or might not hold up during the extreme cold we get up here and just fall off, leaving paint damage, etc.

I was wondering how you installed the M badges. Are they glued on?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 06:58 AM   #14
tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags2Rags View Post
I'm so happy to see this thread as ours will be close to yours so it's nice to see "real" pictures of it. Should only be another month or less.

I'm in Canada so our X1 won't come with badges either so I've been considering getting some but I'm afraid they would fall off during car washes or might not hold up during the extreme cold we get up here and just fall off, leaving paint damage, etc.

I was wondering how you installed the M badges. Are they glued on?
Wouldn't they be self-sticking, like all the other badges on the car? Removable with a heat gun?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 07:06 AM   #15
RigaTony1982
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Here are some additional pictures of the interior. If you are looking for anything specific let me know and I'll try to capture them this weekend.

Attachment 3054611

Attachment 3054612
Awesome! Thank you so much. Really appreciate this
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 07:51 AM   #16
bluecrabby
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex2670 View Post
Wouldn't they be self-sticking, like all the other badges on the car? Removable with a heat gun?
BMW badges requires heat gun for removal?

When I de-badged my Mercedes and Lexus cars and SUVs in the past, all I used was dental floss.(then some 3M adhesive cleaner to remove any glue residue)
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 07:59 AM   #17
tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecrabby View Post
BMW badges requires heat gun for removal?

When I de-badged my Mercedes and Lexus cars and SUVs in the past, all I used was dental floss.(then some 3M adhesive cleaner to remove any glue residue)
Oh. I've never done it; I guess it's easier than I thought. Nice.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 09:17 AM   #18
bluecrabby
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh. I've never done it; I guess it's easier than I thought. Nice.
just in case... I don't use floss anymore... I use this now... goes much faster:
https://www.amazon.com/Gomake-Surfac.../dp/B083HTL1TK

Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 10:08 PM   #19
Rags2Rags
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 X1

Quote:
I figure they must be self-sticking but I'm just curious how good it is at staying on.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 10:52 PM   #20
bluecrabby
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags2Rags View Post
I figure they must be self-sticking but I'm just curious how good it is at staying on.
will stay on until some 13-year-old kid steals them in the mall parking lot.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 01:47 AM   #21
FlashMonkey929
I Shoot People For Money
Rep
Drives: 2023 Portimao MSport X1

Garage List
2003 BMW 330i ZHP  [0.00]
2023 BMW X1  [10.00]
The badges are usually held on by a foam adhesive tape similar to 3M VHB tape but not quite as strong. I wouldn't worry about them coming off unless you frequently go through automated car washes or the car is a decade old, the tape is pretty strong and temp resistant. That being said, I'm debadging mine as soon as I get it.
2023 X1 Portimao, Msport, Premium
2003 330i Imola Red ZHP 6 Speed
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2022, 09:48 PM   #22
saws
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Maserati Levante, LR Discovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashMonkey929 View Post
The badges are usually held on by a foam adhesive tape similar to 3M VHB tape but not quite as strong. I wouldn't worry about them coming off unless you frequently go through automated car washes or the car is a decade old, the tape is pretty strong and temp resistant. That being said, I'm debadging mine as soon as I get it.
curious, which ones will you debadge?
Appreciate 0