BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) New member X1 (U11) from Europe - Bulgaria

11-02-2022, 04:29 AM   #1
v_iliev
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2.3i (U11)

New member X1 (U11) from Europe - Bulgaria

Hi everyone,

Really enjoying the forum.
It's my first bimmer ever (long time VAG fan ).

I got my X1 almost a month ago - it was a preorder from the dealership, which matched almost all of my requirements.
It was delivered in September, but I had to wait until the official launch.

The car is great, I'd love to share the experience and findings.

Appreciate 3
      11-02-2022, 04:39 AM   #2
Kromans1
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Chevy Equinox --> BMW X1?

Beautiful! How does it drive?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2022, 04:59 AM   #3
v_iliev
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 2.3i (U11)

It's lovely.
2.3i (218 bhp + 19 bhp electric)

It's close to full spec + M Package (including suspension).
It came with 20" wheels and I thought it will be too harsh, but it's actually really good, now with the 19" with winter tyres - there isn't such a huge difference.
The noise insulation is really good and the car is really enjoyable to drive smoothly and enjoy.

I came from a Seat Leon X-Perience (similar to Audi A4 Allroad, just a bit smaller) - 4x4 (Haldex 5), 1.8TFSI (180 bhp, 0-62@7.1) with a Revo Stage 1 (245 bhp, 0-62@5.7).

I find the seating position a bit high (even on the lowest setting), but I got used to it already.
The seats are perfect.

With the first two tanks (break-in period) I tried to see the mileage I could get - and combined (city, highway-slow, extra urban) I got 7 l/100 km (33-34 MPG).

On one drive I tried to use only Efficient mode and tried to be gentle with the throttle and drive predictably and I got 5 l/100 km (47 MPG) - and I believe this is a good as it could get.

I now have 1600 kms on the clock and I'm looking forward to see the real dynamics of the car.

There are few things that need refining and I hope will come with the next updates:
1) Sport and Efficient mode could not be set to be default
2) You can not setup a fully custom mode (throttle response, suspension, drivetrain, efficient cruise control, steering response, etc.)
3) I don't have the Spotify App from BMW - even though I have the Connected Plus package
4) It's still not clear if I have eSim available or not
Appreciate 2
      11-02-2022, 06:33 AM   #4
Kromans1
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Chevy Equinox --> BMW X1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_iliev View Post
It's lovely.
2.3i (218 bhp + 19 bhp electric)

It's close to full spec + M Package (including suspension).
It came with 20" wheels and I thought it will be too harsh, but it's actually really good, now with the 19" with winter tyres - there isn't such a huge difference.
The noise insulation is really good and the car is really enjoyable to drive smoothly and enjoy.

I came from a Seat Leon X-Perience (similar to Audi A4 Allroad, just a bit smaller) - 4x4 (Haldex 5), 1.8TFSI (180 bhp, 0-62@7.1) with a Revo Stage 1 (245 bhp, 0-62@5.7).

I find the seating position a bit high (even on the lowest setting), but I got used to it already.
The seats are perfect.

With the first two tanks (break-in period) I tried to see the mileage I could get - and combined (city, highway-slow, extra urban) I got 7 l/100 km (33-34 MPG).

On one drive I tried to use only Efficient mode and tried to be gentle with the throttle and drive predictably and I got 5 l/100 km (47 MPG) - and I believe this is a good as it could get.

I now have 1600 kms on the clock and I'm looking forward to see the real dynamics of the car.

There are few things that need refining and I hope will come with the next updates:
1) Sport and Efficient mode could not be set to be default
2) You can not setup a fully custom mode (throttle response, suspension, drivetrain, efficient cruise control, steering response, etc.)
3) I don't have the Spotify App from BMW - even though I have the Connected Plus package
4) It's still not clear if I have eSim available or not
Great review, very helpful!
Appreciate 1
      11-02-2022, 07:20 AM   #5
vinny84
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW X5

Congrats and thank you for your review!
Appreciate 1