BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) 2023 X1 Order In

08-05-2022, 10:56 PM   #1
SeekTheFinest
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X1 M-Sport

2023 X1 Order In

Portimao Blue with Alcantara/Sensatec
M Sport with Premium, Shadowline, 19” Non-Run Flat

This will be the first delivery for our local dealership, expected delivery Novemberish... Only bummer was no tow package, as it would has delayed delivery until 2023.

Now the wait begins...
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 02:06 AM   #2
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Excellent, exciting to order a new motor. The weird thing is that for the UK on the higher spec you can’t not have a tow bar at the moment. I’m sure that will change.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 09:42 AM   #3
Kromans1
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Chevy Equinox --> BMW X1?

The waiting is tough. This is our first BMW and the first time we've ordered a car. Our X1 is San Remo green with mocha seats, premium, sport seats. My dealer in Mass is saying delivery in October. Tracking says its scheduled for production. Dealer says Week 36.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 10:26 AM   #4
SeekTheFinest
Private First Class
Rep

The wait is not really an issue, since we would have had to do the same for a 2023 X3 order. The weird thing is purchasing a vehicle that we have never seen or test drove.

Compared to the X3 it was a no-brainer, especially since they are dropping the same engine in the X1 and optioned out our pricing is about $10k cheaper than the X3.

The only option missing was M-Sport brakes, but I have to remind myself this is my wife's car, not mine, so if she is happy that is all that matters.

We entertained a build with York Green/Mocha, but with the MSport package, we think the Alcantara seats with Portimao Blue are going to look better. I guess we will see on delivery.
Appreciate 2
Kromans1174.00
tex26702412.50
      08-07-2022, 09:54 AM   #5
Kromans1
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekTheFinest View Post
The wait is not really an issue, since we would have had to do the same for a 2023 X3 order. The weird thing is purchasing a vehicle that we have never seen or test drove.

Compared to the X3 it was a no-brainer, especially since they are dropping the same engine in the X1 and optioned out our pricing is about $10k cheaper than the X3.

The only option missing was M-Sport brakes, but I have to remind myself this is my wife's car, not mine, so if she is happy that is all that matters.

We entertained a build with York Green/Mocha, but with the MSport package, we think the Alcantara seats with Portimao Blue are going to look better. I guess we will see on delivery.
I'm glad you said going with the X1 is a no brainer compared with the X3. For as much hauling big stuff as we'll do, the smaller capacity will be worth saving that $10k. We had a 2014 Buick Encore and we loved it, but that was before a kid came along and we couldn't fit a stroller in it. And the X1 is much bigger than the Encore was.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2022, 03:51 PM   #6
SeekTheFinest
Private First Class
Rep

So we also have a 2017 Audi Q7 for hauling stuff and it has a trailer hitch so we can transport bikes or a small trailer if needed.

It would have been nice to be able to get a trailer hitch put on the X1 but we were told, that would have required a wait for production until November or a significant cost after delivery to modify the bumper to accept the hitch. We might look at rooftop options if they blend seamlessly in with the Shadowline trim.

As it sits right now, our car will be the first one delivered to our dealership (so we have been told), so hopefully production will be scheduled soon.
Appreciate 1
Kromans1174.00
      08-18-2022, 12:26 PM   #7
sandrik93
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 M240i RWD

Quote:

This will be the first delivery for our local dealership, expected delivery Novemberish... Only bummer was no tow package, as it would has delayed delivery until 2023.

Now the wait begins...
Any info on Active Cruise Control?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2022, 05:57 PM   #8
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X6M

Congrats!! Is anyone currently getting less than MSRP for a new X1 or is it all at MSRP?
Appreciate 1
Kromans1174.00
      08-22-2022, 10:39 AM   #9
ponylover52
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCali View Post
Congrats!! Is anyone currently getting less than MSRP for a new X1 or is it all at MSRP?
My initial sales order is at MSRP, other then lease rebates I’d be shocked if someone is getting below MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2022, 01:39 PM   #10
tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponylover52 View Post
My initial sales order is at MSRP, other then lease rebates I’d be shocked if someone is getting below MSRP.
my salesman said there's a military rebate; and maybe by delivery there will be a loyalty rebate.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2022, 05:29 PM   #11
ponylover52
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex2670 View Post
my salesman said there's a military rebate; and maybe by delivery there will be a loyalty rebate.
Awe I would claim my graduation rebate but technically that is in May and I will likely take delivery outside of the "6 month" window.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2022, 06:47 PM   #12
SeekTheFinest
Private First Class
Rep

Since we are being told that we will take delivery of the first car outside of the demo vehicle, we expect MSRP. Hoped that we would get some type of discount from the UDE, but that ended up only being for in stock vehicles purchased within 45 days of the event. We just confirmed no markup, since we had an issue with that when we were cross shopping RAV4.
Appreciate 1
      08-22-2022, 08:14 PM   #13
ponylover52
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Since we are being told that we will take delivery of the first car outside of the demo vehicle, we expect MSRP. Hoped that we would get some type of discount from the UDE, but that ended up only being for in stock vehicles purchased within 45 days of the event. We just confirmed no markup, since we had an issue with that when we were cross shopping RAV4.
Makes sense. I was cross shopping a Tiguan and part of me is bothered that it cost 6k less and has a bunch of automated driving assists us early X1 buyers won’t be getting. Ultimately though the bmw is far better packaged, styled, has better performance while having great fuel economy vs the tiguans which is relatively poor relative to performance. Not to mention size wise the X1 is is the size of a Taos. I guess bigger isn’t always better 😂
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2022, 05:36 PM   #14
ponylover52
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Now the wait begins...
Did you start tracking your car via MyBMW? Do you know your production week? November would surprise me as these initial orders are from what I am seeing beginning assembly first week of September.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2022, 08:27 PM   #15
Kromans1
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Did you start tracking your car via MyBMW? Do you know your production week? November would surprise me as these initial orders are from what I am seeing beginning assembly first week of September.
November delivery would surprise you as being early or late for first week of September builds?
Appreciate 1
      08-25-2022, 08:34 PM   #16
ponylover52
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromans1 View Post
November delivery would surprise you as being early or late for first week of September builds?
Late, unless we get caught up in a clogged shipping pipeline, it shouldn't take that long once built (that week if not 2-3 days) and then yah easily on a boat enroute by end of September if not already on land and in transit to dealers. BMW also has said Q4 launch and that would coincide with a October arrival of initial models.
Appreciate 1
Kromans1174.00
      08-26-2022, 11:36 AM   #17
SeekTheFinest
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yes, we have a production number to track our vehicle, but a production week has not been assigned yet. Our order was submitted three weeks ago. We were told at the time that they had one vehicle that was available to be submitted and it would be the first one received outside of the demo vehicle and they expected November delivery. This was an improvement from another dealership that said no demo vehicle would be received and they wouldn't know anything until Q4, so to get back in touch then.

Our dealership does have one 2023 X1 in production right now, which is the demo vehicle. It is out of paint and going through QC check, before final assembly according to "Track my BMW" I would assume that will be received in October. It's pretty much a base model X-Line with Alpine White/Black Sensatec.
Appreciate 1
      08-26-2022, 12:10 PM   #18
ponylover52
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, we have a production number to track our vehicle, but a production week has not been assigned yet. Our order was submitted three weeks ago. We were told at the time that they had one vehicle that was available to be submitted and it would be the first one received outside of the demo vehicle and they expected November delivery. This was an improvement from another dealership that said no demo vehicle would be received and they wouldn't know anything until Q4, so to get back in touch then.

Our dealership does have one 2023 X1 in production right now, which is the demo vehicle. It is out of paint and going through QC check, before final assembly according to "Track my BMW" I would assume that will be received in October. It's pretty much a base model X-Line with Alpine White/Black Sensatec.
I mean not awful for a demo car haha, surprised you guys don’t have a week yet, I guess I maybe lucked out with my order and my dealer having the car already allocated to be made. Starts here a week from Monday. If it takes till November to arrive I’d be shocked, but I get it with how many variables this can all have.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 12:05 PM   #19
ponylover52
Private
United_States
Rep

Update:called my genius and my car apparently is in painting already a week ahead of the supposed scheduled week 36 production.
Appreciate 1
tex26702412.50
      08-29-2022, 02:43 PM   #20
SeekTheFinest
Private First Class
Rep

I wonder if the production schedule depends on the options selected. We submitted our order on the 4th of August and are still waiting on a production week. We know our order has been accepted by AG, but no movement in the last three weeks to get it scheduled. Our dealership just said when we inquired that they had one car that could be configured and that was ours. I guess that's what happens when you purchase a car that no one has seen in person yet.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 03:32 PM   #21
ponylover52
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I wonder if the production schedule depends on the options selected. We submitted our order on the 4th of August and are still waiting on a production week. We know our order has been accepted by AG, but no movement in the last three weeks to get it scheduled. Our dealership just said when we inquired that they had one car that could be configured and that was ours. I guess that's what happens when you purchase a car that no one has seen in person yet.
Odd sounds like they had a spot, no production number though? That lets you track in via myBMW?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 06:48 PM   #22
ponylover52
Private
United_States
Rep

Called in again after work, there was no car made, and nothing is being painted. production on schedule for next week commencement. Idk what the other guy was smoking, was odd too he couldn't give me a vin, yet the body was already in painting, that doesn't track since vin assignment is one of the very initial steps when they start the production of the car.
Appreciate 0