E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > TMPS Help please

07-12-2022, 05:34 PM   #1
cpc12
Rep
Drives: 2011 328 ix current

TMPS Help please

I have a 2010 328 x drive.

I just had Mavis replace all 4 TMPS sensors, my dash was saying inactive so I decided to have all 4 done not knowing if they were all dying.

Mavis said that they successfully programed the sensors and that I needed to drive 20 miles for the sensors to set themselves.

I drove for 30 miles and it still says inactive when I start the car the tire icon flashes for a few seconds then is stays on.

Im going to bring the car back tomorrow but I was wondering if that sounds like the correct procedure after replacing the sensors.

I figured they would have gotten the light resolved before giving the car back.

I dont really trust the young guys working at Mavis, some are good but I have issues in the past.

any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2022, 05:59 PM   #2
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

You need to use I-drive or if you don't have that then enter the hidden menu on the gauge cluster and go to the TPMS section and then click on reset TPMS to get it to relearn or connect to the new sensors. If that doesn't work they might have installed the wrong sensors
Appreciate 0