E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > Fire Extinguisher and bracket for E90

12-15-2008, 09:46 AM   #1
satakal
Major
Rep
Drives: e46

Fire Extinguisher and bracket for E90

Anyone rocking a fire extinguisher in their E90 for track days? Talked with the PCA guys and in order to timetrial with them, I'd have to have one. Hopefully HP Autowerks can hit me with some good infos.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2008, 09:53 AM   #2
S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
I dont have one..but the thing with fire extinguishers is that you have to be able to reach it very easily...behind your heels underneath the front part of your seat may be the only good place. I had extinguishers in my Spec Miata..but it was where the passenger seat use to be.

I saw you were signed up for BMW laguna event..with Harold. Sorry, I cant make this one...besides..with BMW club..instructors dont get to drive very much at all at Laguna since there are so many students..and 25 car limit on the track. Enjoy.

Car is now gone .... :-(
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2008, 10:06 AM   #3
satakal
Major
Rep
Drives: e46

The PCA guys were recommending mouting to the passenger side of the transmission tunnel. Piggybacking on the passenger seat mounting points. I'm sure a product exists. Just gotta find it.

Yeah, I see a few names I recognize signed up. Did you see that my bro and pops signed up too? 108 signed up. It'll probably be sold out real soon. Just a few weeks out!
Appreciate 0