E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > I finally have bluetooth!

12-13-2008, 03:55 PM   #1
Lutz328xi
Rep
Drives: 2007 328 xi

I finally have bluetooth!

I posted this on several other sites, but just wanted to make sure that anybody (especially a newb, like myself) who is searching for some bluetooth options and find it frustrating, will at least have my experience to use as research.

Well, it has been a bumpy ride to get bluetooth installed in my 07 e90 but I finally have it and love it! I had a company located in the Central Ohio area called Columbus Car Audio do the install today of the quick connect kit that can be found at this link: http://www.quickconnectproducts.com/steeringwheel.html

I spent a lot of time on this forum and others looking for a reasonable bluetooth option and I think I ran across a link on here that someone else had this installation kit done. For those who aren't familiar, the above kit allows for complete control of the system with your steering wheel buttons. There is nothing on my dash and is virtually stealth, except for the microphone that is near the roof line at the "A" pillar.

I initially tried to contact my BMW dealer and the immediatly told me that bluetooth can't be retrofitted. Now, I knew this was incorrect as I have read on here that it can be retrofitted, so I called another dealer in the area and they said it could be done but after they talked to BMW it was decided that it would cost me about $1000-$1600 with installation. I also called a local pro shop in Chillicothe (small city) and the owner was very rude and told me that he doesn't understand why people buy European cars, that we should buy American or Japanese because they are easier to work on, so obviously he wasn't getting my money. I finally ended up with Columbus Car Audio who just became a supplier with the quick connect company and I was the first BMW install that they have done. I have to say they did a great job and it was only $500 for all parts and installation, not to mention fantastic customer service.

Anyways, just wanted to let you guys/gals know about my experience just in case you are wondering about your bluetooth options. Regardless of how many times someone tells you it can't be done, I finally can say that it can.

Darren

Last edited by Lutz328xi; 12-13-2008 at 04:02 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0