E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2011 E90 328i X Drive HELP, all power loss randomly while driving on the highway

05-01-2022, 09:35 AM   #1
alts3i1
Registered
Rep
Drives: ...

Exclamation 2011 E90 328i X Drive HELP, all power loss randomly while driving on the highway

BMW E90 328i X Drive HELP

Recently, got my transfer case and VTG module replaced at a mechanic shop. Every now and then when I hit a bump in the road, it throws a xdrive malfunction and the idrive screen restarts. Today, I was driving at 40mph and all the sudden the car shut off randomly, all the power was lost to the engine and electrical components. The car would not start back up, when I tried. Transmission would not shift into any gear at all. I decided to hook a jump pack up to the jump points on the car, and about 2 minutes later, the car came back on however the engine still would not start, however I got it into neutral and rolled it, after I rolled it, and try to start it again, it started up after about 8 minutes of sitting in the middle of the highway exit, this time throwing a lighting system malfunction which I’m guessing is related to a fried FRM unit. The codes that came up after I scanned the car were
OxCDAD message (request wheel torque
powertrain, BF)
2F7F
Ox2F7F engine stop time, plausibility
2DEC
Ox2DEC power management, battery monitoring
CDAB
OxCDAB message (lamp condition, 21A)
D359-F-CAN: Message STEERING
WHEEL_OBEN (ID O×0C9) not received
(received from DSC-SG). [Sender: SZL]
6EC4
6EC4 - Steering angle sensor: Steering angle
signal only relative. Center position unknown.
Learning quadrant active. Steer to the stop
5F3A
5F3A - transfer case ECU: VG fault - clutch is in
open position - rear-wheel drive!
Not sure what happened as this has never happened before, previously I had a similar incident where the idrive screen would turn off and turn back on again, after I hit a small bump, but never have I lost engine power as well in those situations. The car is lowered on coilovers, could it be a issue of the car being too low? The battery is a brand new battery replaced it about a month ago and did register it to the vehicle, Is this a issue with the battery and fuse box?
I do have a service engine light for bank 2 sensor 1 O2 Sensor, that I planned on getting fixed this week. Could that have been the cause of the engine stalling out and electrical’s turning off? Has anyone faced this situation before. All help is appreciated!!
Appreciate 0