Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum M340 LCI

04-09-2022, 04:18 PM   #1
Tmak1021
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw m340

M340 LCI

I ordered a car in March, the german built date got pushed back from April to June... I heard that the LCI gets announced in July, as does the production start done. Should I cancel my order and wait? It's a extra 1-2 months but its doable, as I feel like I'm getting ripped off if I get a car right before the LCI comes out haha
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 05:38 PM   #2
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

It's going to be more than a 1-2 month difference in wait times. The way things are going right now, if you hold off for the LCI I wouldn't be surprised if you are getting it closer to Nov/Dec.
jp031962.00
      04-09-2022, 07:51 PM   #3
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Based on what you have shared - I would wait for the LCI
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2022, 12:58 PM   #4
jp0319
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i xDrive

Unless there is something anticipated in the LCI that your just dying for, I'd stay the course with your current build. Waiting for the LCI isn't going to make the supply chain issues magically better, like Burrcold said you'd probably be looking at the end of the year at best.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2022, 02:09 PM   #5
Davidbmwdd
Private
Rep
Drives: 325i

I am also looking at m340 but the used one, and in that case if i am waiting the lci, it is going to be longer. I would also like to avoid paying current high price of used one, just before the LCI debut.
I see the main difference will be in headlights(looks good), probably front bumper and rear. For the rear lights, no one confirmed, they will change, and as per spy screenshots, i dont see a big change.
Idrive8 will be main difference in interior. Not sure what to think, it will look more futuristic and graphics will look more polished, but i dont like the look(tablet).
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2022, 04:52 PM   #6
Tmak1021
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidbmwdd View Post
I am also looking at m340 but the used one, and in that case if i am waiting the lci, it is going to be longer. I would also like to avoid paying current high price of used one, just before the LCI debut.
I see the main difference will be in headlights(looks good), probably front bumper and rear. For the rear lights, no one confirmed, they will change, and as per spy screenshots, i dont see a big change.
Idrive8 will be main difference in interior. Not sure what to think, it will look more futuristic and graphics will look more polished, but i dont like the look(tablet).
But because the lights are completely different, the pre LCI will loose value and def look more outdated sooner, as BMW is moving their whole line up away from the L shape design in about a year
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2022, 05:09 PM   #7
iifymbro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmak1021 View Post
But because the lights are completely different, the pre LCI will loose value and def look more outdated sooner, as BMW is moving their whole line up away from the L shape design in about a year
the new front lights look incredibly generic, could put them on a hyundai/chevy/ford/etc and they'd be right at home

just a alternative opinion for ya

Last edited by iifymbro; 04-10-2022 at 05:18 PM..
Appreciate 1
jp031962.00
      04-11-2022, 02:11 PM   #8
Davidbmwdd
Private
Rep
Drives: 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmak1021 View Post
Any link to info about the whole lineup will be moved away from L shaped design, or just guessing based on the G20 LCI( probably they will, as they started to mkce away from traditional angel eyes). I liked the current look of laser lights, maybe the new one will look more modern as it is case with LCI’s. I am not a big fan of curved display, it is ok for tv’s but to have a big tablet in the car does not look so pretty without the standard cockpit. I know it is future like EV, but still not digging it.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2022, 04:56 PM   #9
Tmak1021
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidbmwdd View Post
Any link to info about the whole lineup will be moved away from L shaped design, or just guessing based on the G20 LCI( probably they will, as they started to mkce away from traditional angel eyes). I liked the current look of laser lights, maybe the new one will look more modern as it is case with LCI’s. I am not a big fan of curved display, it is ok for tv’s but to have a big tablet in the car does not look so pretty without the standard cockpit. I know it is future like EV, but still not digging it.
Yea, I agree the design isn't original or traditional BMW. But I'm that type of guy who would be like "Damn I should have waited the extra 2 months" when I see the 2023MY on the road, so unfortunately I'm going wait. You should look at the X7 LCI leaks, the lights look nothing like they currently do
Appreciate 0