E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E92 pre LCI headlight issue

02-06-2022, 01:18 PM   #1
heysilviu
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E92 335xi

Lightbulb E92 pre LCI headlight issue

about 4 months ago I took my e92 through a drive-thru car wash (not a touchless one) and after I came out of the car wash my driver-side headlight bulb wasn't working and I got a dash light for an adaptive headlight error.

Using my common sense I was able to figure out that water had probably gotten into the headlight or into the adaptive headlight module or something along those lines.

Would I have to replace the ballast or the headlight bulb to fix my issue of one working light? I would assume I have to replace the ballast but I just want to make sure before I spend the money on it.

Also, the adaptive headlight warning is extremely annoying and I just want to get rid of it. Is there a way to code it out or disable it so that I don't have to see that stupid warning every time I drive my car? What is the easiest or cheapest way to get rid of it?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2022, 01:33 PM   #2
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

It could be either the bulb or ballast.
You can swap the bulb or ballast from the passenger side to the driver side to see which piece turns the light on.

You can code out the adaptive error with ncsexpert. Cheapest option, but you do need a kdcan cable.

You can also use bimmergeeks protools app. You need a cable, an android device and need to purchase the coding option in the app. I think it’s like $80
Appreciate 0