BMW X7 (G07) Forums General BMW X7 Forum X7 M50i Ordering Process and Timeline

09-29-2021, 08:26 PM   #1
Kivilig
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i

X7 M50i Ordering Process and Timeline

Alright, I know there is so many of us here waiting for their cars to be delivered so I figured I share my experience.
Ordered the car on 8/23 and my dealership said order will be assigned for September,
Got the order number same day,
9/10 car went into production and today 9/29 it was at the dealership and picked it today.
Whole process was bit over a month.
Good luck to all
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      09-29-2021, 09:51 PM   #2
Kivilig
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kivilig View Post
Alright, I know there is so many of us here waiting for their cars to be delivered so I figured I share my experience.
Ordered the car on 8/23 and my dealership said order will be assigned for September,
9/10 car went into production and today 9/29 it was at the dealership and picked it today.
Good luck to all
Fun fact, once I got home from dealership (6 miles drive) front light on drive side malfunctioned and started blinking and service light came on on the dash lol so need to call them tomorrow car literally was driven 6 with total mileage of 17 🤔
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 06:42 AM   #3
Angelo_GraysonMiniBMW
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3,2020 Land Cruiser

Quote:
Fun fact, once I got home from dealership (6 miles drive) front light on drive side malfunctioned and started blinking and service light came on on the dash lol so need to call them tomorrow car literally was driven 6 with total mileage of 17 🤔
That really stinks. A couple people have similar issues on this site. Hopefully it’s a software thing but based on other reports, you could be within a couple months for a new headlight.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 07:48 AM   #4
Kivilig
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo1 View Post
Quote:
That really stinks. A couple people have similar issues on this site. Hopefully it’s a software thing but based on other reports, you could be within a couple months for a new headlight.
Yeah I was disappointed, but I turn on the car this morning and issue was resolved but as you said I might be in the need for new light lol
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 01:37 PM   #5
superpanjy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Good luck to all
Congregations! Beautiful car!!! Thanks for sharing your timeline.
Where are you located?

Did you upgrade your sound system? HK or BW?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 05:33 PM   #6
Kivilig
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpanjy View Post
Quote:
Good luck to all
Congregations! Beautiful car!!! Thanks for sharing your timeline.
Where are you located?

Did you upgrade your sound system? HK or BW?
Thanks I am in North Jersey, Bergen county,
BW option was not available to order, so it comes with HK, my dealership was Park Ave BMW
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2021, 10:57 AM   #7
X7Newbie
Rep
Drives: BMWX7

Great news! Ordering an X7 m50i today. My X7 was stolen from the driveway 2 nights ago. GPS has been jammed so BMW cant track it.
Dealer has advised me to get the new one ordered as there is no stock! Insurance won't settle for 30 days but if by chance they find mine he will sell it to someone else.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2021, 11:04 AM   #8
Angelo_GraysonMiniBMW
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by X7Newbie View Post
Great news! Ordering an X7 m50i today. My X7 was stolen from the driveway 2 nights ago. GPS has been jammed so BMW cant track it.
Dealer has advised me to get the new one ordered as there is no stock! Insurance won't settle for 30 days but if by chance they find mine he will sell it to someone else.
Did you leave the keys in it? I was under the impression these type of cars are very difficult to steal. Curious how they jammed the gps…must be a sophisticated car theft ring.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2021, 03:03 PM   #9
X7Newbie
Rep
Drives: BMWX7

The problem is I'm not sure where the keys are. They are usually in my purse, but they aren't there. So while it is a possibility I don't know. First male walks up to the car and gets in. It is like he knows he is getting in. He opens the door gets in the car, leans over and does something towards the passenger side then the car starts and he exits the car. Another male then appears and gets in the car and drives it out of the driveway. The entire thing took 32 seconds. Both wore hoodies and face masks. The police figure its in a shipping container bound for another country.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2021, 07:23 PM   #10
Mail4loys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '20 X7 M50i, '21 M340i

Garage List
2021 BMW M340i  [0.00]
2020 BMW X7 M50i  [0.00]
Quote:
The problem is I'm not sure where the keys are. They are usually in my purse, but they aren't there. So while it is a possibility I don't know. First male walks up to the car and gets in. It is like he knows he is getting in. He opens the door gets in the car, leans over and does something towards the passenger side then the car starts and he exits the car. Another male then appears and gets in the car and drives it out of the driveway. The entire thing took 32 seconds. Both wore hoodies and face masks. The police figure its in a shipping container bound for another country.
This sound scary. Glad you and dealer are working out something
2023 GMC Sierra 1500
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2021, 07:57 PM   #11
Kivilig
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wow that's crazy
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2021, 08:22 PM   #12
Angelo_GraysonMiniBMW
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Makes Gone in 60secs movie really come into reality. I doubt it’s on a shipping container currently. Those containers are 16weeks backed up right now. Lol! In all seriousness, it probably is going overseas and I bet becomes a huge trend in higher end vehicles.
Appreciate 0