E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > E91 Rear Wash Wipe Behaviour

11-10-2008, 01:03 PM   #1
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X70 on the way

E91 Rear Wash Wipe Behaviour

Does your E91 do this?

Flick on rear wash wipe while driving. It works intermittently as intended (why can't it work all the time?)

Switch car off and on, while the rear wash wipe the stalk is still in the on position and the rear wash wipe doesn't work?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 01:10 PM   #2
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Just be grateful you have a rear wash wipe at all.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 01:46 PM   #3
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterS3 View Post
Does your E91 do this?

Flick on rear wash wipe while driving. It works intermittently as intended (why can't it work all the time?)

Switch car off and on, while the rear wash wipe the stalk is still in the on position and the rear wash wipe doesn't work?
On both accounts it avoids wiping too much and dragging the wiper blade over a dry screen. Also avoids people leaving it permanently on during dry days after they parked up on a wet day.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 02:00 PM   #4
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X70 on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrerarsr View Post
On both accounts it avoids wiping too much and dragging the wiper blade over a dry screen. Also avoids people leaving it permanently on during dry days after they parked up on a wet day.
Ah, engineering for the lowest common denominator!!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 02:12 PM   #5
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for that, mine does the same after the engine has been switched off and back on again even if the stalk remains in the 'on' position.

Sorry but shame there isn't a big boxing glove appears threatening to 'snot' the driver if the rear fog lights are left switched on when they are not required.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 02:26 PM   #6
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterS3 View Post
Ah, engineering for the lowest common denominator!!
Don't you just love the fact these are driving cars for driving people. Oh and don't forget BMW sell to muppets too

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
Thanks for that, mine does the same after the engine has been switched off and back on again even if the stalk remains in the 'on' position.

Sorry but shame there isn't a big boxing glove appears threatening to 'snot' the driver if the rear fog lights are left switched on when they are not required.
Followed a guy onto the motorway earlier. No fog lights. Hit 70mph with a little spray off the cars in front (no rain!) and there you go switches on his fog light. RETARD!!!

I pretend I'm in a WWII Spitfire and swerve across three lanes using fog lights as shooting practice. Just wish I really had a machine gun up front
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 02:44 PM   #7
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Followed a guy onto the motorway earlier. No fog lights. Hit 70mph with a little spray off the cars in front (no rain!) and there you go switches on his fog light. RETARD!!!

I pretend I'm in a WWII Spitfire and swerve across three lanes using fog lights as shooting practice. Just wish I really had a machine gun up front
That just made me laugh out loud as my other half shouts 'lock 'n' load' and pretends he's firing an 0.5" machine gun at the offending vehicle(s) which then promptly explode with the relevant sound effects.

Reason I menitoned fog lights was ironically similar situation to you. Driving home along the dual carriageway, comes up behind a woman in a Nissan Almera with bloody rear fog light on. No fog, rain had stopped, wet roads - end of. I 'flashed' her and she moved over when she'd eventually dawdled passed the traffic in the inside lane. Obviously I looked across at her, but as usual yet another driver oblivious and in their own little world. Anyhow, she was a large woman (fat) and either had her seat well forward or she just filled said seat basically. Her humongous breasts appeared to be resting on the steering wheel and I carried on my way chuckling to myself that she had built in secondary air bags from those huge breasts.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 03:43 PM   #8
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Quote:
Anyhow, she was a large woman (fat) and either had her seat well forward or she just filled said seat basically. Her humongous breasts appeared to be resting on the steering wheel and I carried on my way chuckling to myself that she had built in secondary air bags from those huge breasts.
That'll be Tracy.

PS Say Hi to t'other 'alf.

Last edited by willhollin; 12-09-2008 at 04:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 03:44 PM   #9
2GPP
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 335i M Sport

Ok does your E91 loose radio reception when you switch on your rear screen demister (like mine does)!
      11-11-2008, 02:51 AM   #10
xenon
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 2021 G21 330i M-Sport

Quote:
and front fog lights which I arguably hate even more. There are retards who switch on rears when there is a tiny bit of mist, despite the fact you can see twenty vehicles in front without foglights, and despite the fact you're stationary at traffic lights and their rear fogs light up your car like a tart's boudoir. "I CAN SEE YOU, YOU TWAT!!!"

However, front fog lights piss me off even more as they are invariably switched on when there is no fog at all as the mentally-retarded owner believes it lends his Vauxhall an air of Lamborghini. There is no reason at all for them to be on but for the owner being a twat.

I think in 24 years of driving I have used fogs on a handful of occasions out in the country roads. Should a vehicle come up behind and not crashed into me, I deduce he has seen me and I therefore switch them off to save dazzling him.

It should be perfectly permissable under law to club drivers to death if they have fog lights on in town.

I hate foglights....
Previous: 2018 A6 Avant S-Line MMI+, 2014 F31 320d M-Sport, 2013 F10 520d M-Sport, 2011 F10 530d M-Sport, 2008 320i M-Sport Coupe, 2002 325i, 2001 318i valvetronic, 1998 318i, 1996 525i, 1990 Porsche 944S2
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 03:22 AM   #11
DaveC
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330 Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post
and front fog lights which I arguably hate even more. There are retards who switch on rears when there is a tiny bit of mist, despite the fact you can see twenty vehicles in front without foglights, and despite the fact you're stationary at traffic lights and their rear fogs light up your car like a tart's boudoir. "I CAN SEE YOU, YOU TWAT!!!"

However, front fog lights piss me off even more as they are invariably switched on when there is no fog at all as the mentally-retarded owner believes it lends his Vauxhall an air of Lamborghini. There is no reason at all for them to be on but for the owner being a twat.

I think in 24 years of driving I have used fogs on a handful of occasions out in the country roads. Should a vehicle come up behind and not crashed into me, I deduce he has seen me and I therefore switch them off to save dazzling him.

It should be perfectly permissable under law to club drivers to death if they have fog lights on in town.

I hate foglights....

Should be banned from all cars. All they do is give people with small brains a false sense of security - they are of zero safety benefit and some research suggests they cause more accidents.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 03:45 AM   #12
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhollin View Post
That'll be Tracy.

PS Say Hi to t'other 'alf.
Argghhh Will - another obese pic. lol No way she would fit in an Almera.

Will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenon View Post

I hate foglights....
+1 Wholly concur, also 24 years of driving (shit, are we old!) can only recall using front fogs on a handful of occasions.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 04:26 AM   #13
DaveC
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330 Touring

Front AND rear IMO.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 06:23 AM   #14
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2GPP View Post
Ok does your E91 loose radio reception when you switch on your rear screen demister (like mine does)!
Looks like your on your own on that one

My father who is ex traffic Police states if the weather is bad enough to need your rear fog lights on then it's probably too dangerous to be out driving in the first place!

I'd rather you see my brake lights come on than be dazzled by my fog lights.

The only time my rear fog light gets used is to flash the twat I've just overtaken to switch his/hers off.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 06:37 AM   #15
Lydiamight
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 640D Motorsport Convertible

Rear wiper on E91

You can get your rear wiper on your E91 to operate continuously----just drive everywhere in reverse!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 06:43 AM   #16
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydiamight View Post
You can get your rear wiper on your E91 to operate continuously----just drive everywhere in reverse!
Does that mean the windscreen wipers automatically go to intermittent then ?
Appreciate 0