E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > New KW v3s

11-06-2008, 10:28 AM   #1
Save Bluth
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: non-Beemer (for now)

New KW v3s

Ok, there's been a lot of traffic about the XI, it's handling and the benefits of the KW v3 suspension. Like many of you, I bought in to this and have almost all the pieces of the puzzle ready for install.

The v3's are in my garage. I just received a set of 189 wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. 12mm H&R spacers for the rear should arrive tomorrow. Install for all at A&L outside Chicago is scheduled for Monday 11/10.

So, please let me know any suggested settings OR any questions/items you would like me to evaluate pre/post install and I'll report back. Hopefully this will help others considering this mod.
retired: '94 325is l Black l Black l 5MT
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2008, 10:36 AM   #2
thisguyhere
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw

I had kwv2 with 189 wheels, 15mm spacers, michelin tires. The gap in the rear was 1.5 finger and i had rubbing issues. I decreased the spacer to 10mm, which minimize the rub, but still present on very big dips on the road. I'm kinda perplexed and wonder if anyone else has this problem.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 02:34 PM   #3
goldn
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E91 328i xDrive 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Save Bluth View Post
Ok, there's been a lot of traffic about the XI, it's handling and the benefits of the KW v3 suspension. Like many of you, I bought in to this and have almost all the pieces of the puzzle ready for install.

The v3's are in my garage. I just received a set of 189 wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. 12mm H&R spacers for the rear should arrive tomorrow. Install for all at A&L outside Chicago is scheduled for Monday 11/10.

So, please let me know any suggested settings OR any questions/items you would like me to evaluate pre/post install and I'll report back. Hopefully this will help others considering this mod.
have you had the coils installed?
any user feedback...?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 06:39 PM   #4
Ron@Modbargains
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996TT/ae86

My suggestion is stick around during the install, set to mid setting(I think starting from middle point is good) - and go for a quick drive with it, and then adjust it accordingly to how you would like the car to be set as well as the ride height. Try to stick to the ride height you are going for and adjust the dampening and compression for that height. We can't wait to hear your review on them and congrats!
Appreciate 0