Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Performance Center Delivery guest experience

06-27-2021, 04:19 PM   #1
xef
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Performance Center Delivery guest experience

Hello,
I'm thinking about doing the Performance Center Delivery, but I'm curious about the guest's portion of the experience. I think it would be fun to bring my dad with me, but I don't want him to just come down and sit in a car with me while I drive around in cool cars. Will he also get the opportunity to drive the vehicles? I realize this is a general BMW delivery question, not specific to the 3/4 series, but I'm getting a 340, so this is the forum I'm paying attention to
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2021, 09:17 PM   #2
Vitacura
Ich Liebe mein BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M240i CV, 23 X1

The guest also gets to drive. It's a great experience for both. Once you get on the track you will swap out drivers half way through each exercise.
Appreciate 1
xef15.00
      06-27-2021, 10:21 PM   #3
BklynNYBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: "24 X6M60i / "21 m340i xdrive

Hey There. I did the PCD 3 times. The last time was in 2018 when I picked up my 340i xdrive sport. I flew my dad to Atlanta from Florida where I met him after flying in from NY. Then we caught the connection to Spartanburg. Both of you will LOVE IT. My dad still talks about that experience. Your dad will get do do everything that you do in their car. You have to do it. The time spent and the memories will be one of the best things you will ever do with him. Don't even think about it. Do it bud.

__________________________________________________ ___________________
2017 X6 5.0 MSport, Carbon Black Metallic w/ black leather. All options except vented seats and B/O sound system. AKA the Tumbler
2021 M340i xdrive. Tanzanite Blue with W/Oyster with Red Calipers. All options except Adaptive M suspension, Driver Assistance Professional Package, Cooling and High Performance Tire package. AKA Blue Angel
*Retired 04/30/21: 2018 340i MSport Xdrive sedan. Glacier Silver w/Oyster. All options except active cruise control and window shades. AKA Airstream
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
xef15.00
myM34015.00
      06-27-2021, 10:25 PM   #4
xef
Private
Rep

That's awesome! Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 02:13 PM   #5
xef
Private
Rep

Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll get to do this. I called my dealer yesterday and they said they're not doing it right now, at least not for the 340's.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 04:57 PM   #6
fxcw85
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M440xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by xef View Post
Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll get to do this. I called my dealer yesterday and they said they're not doing it right now, at least not for the 340's.
That's odd. I'm waiting on my m440 and the dealer was able to request PCD. Maybe reach out to the centre directly? They were quite responsive when I emailed them.
Appreciate 1
xef15.00
      06-29-2021, 05:51 PM   #7
xef
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxcw85 View Post
That's odd. I'm waiting on my m440 and the dealer was able to request PCD. Maybe reach out to the centre directly? They were quite responsive when I emailed them.
Thanks, I'll try that.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 09:16 PM   #8
BklynNYBMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Hey There. With my experience, I requested PCD when I ordered the cars at the same time. Not sure if you can request PCD if the car has been built and is already on the way (on the ship). Not sure if they can divert the car if that is the case.
I think it is unusual for the dealer to tell you they are not doing PCD when everyone here is talking about getting their cars via PCD. Maybe you dealer is not experienced in handling PCD or they are being lazy and don't want to do the leg work to satisfy the customer. I would press them on it. That part about not doing PCD for 340 is B/S. It doesn't matter what model it is. Speak to the manager of the dealership. Keep us posted.
__________________________________________________ ______________________
2017 X6 5.0 MSport, Carbon Black Metallic w/ black leather. All options except vented seats and B/O sound system. AKA the Tumbler
2021 M340i xdrive. Tanzanite Blue with W/Oyster with Red Calipers. All options except Adaptive M suspension, Driver Assistance Professional Package, Cooling and High Performance Tire package. AKA Blue Angel
*Retired 04/30/21: 2018 340i MSport Xdrive sedan. Glacier Silver w/Oyster. All options except active cruise control and window shades. AKA Airstream
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 09:47 PM   #9
xef
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynNYBMW View Post
Hey There. With my experience, I requested PCD when I ordered the cars at the same time. Not sure if you can request PCD if the car has been built and is already on the way (on the ship). Not sure if they can divert the car if that is the case.
I think it is unusual for the dealer to tell you they are not doing PCD when everyone here is talking about getting their cars via PCD. Maybe you dealer is not experienced in handling PCD or they are being lazy and don't want to do the leg work to satisfy the customer. I would press them on it. That part about not doing PCD for 340 is B/S. It doesn't matter what model it is. Speak to the manager of the dealership. Keep us posted.
Will do. I'll be calling the Genius line tomorrow. My car is still in "Production Begins" status.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 08:00 AM   #10
BklynNYBMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Excellent. Keep us posted Bud. Question, are you thinking about Spartanburg or Thermal? Just realized you are on the West Coast. All of my 3 deliveries were at Spartanburg.
__________________________________________________ _________________________
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 03:43 PM   #11
xef
Private
Rep

Genius didn't know anything, so I emailed the Performance Center. They ARE still doing the PCD and would do it for my M340i. However, I did a little shopping around for car shipping from Greenville to Portland and it's almost 2k and I don't really want to do that drive, so I think I'm going to skip it and just sign my dad and I up for the "Ultimate Driving Experience" since there's going to be one here in August.
Appreciate 1
fxcw8544.00
      06-30-2021, 04:05 PM   #12
BklynNYBMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Hey There. I understand your logic and it makes sense considering that you did not want to make the drive. However I would investigate a Thermal Delivery since you are on the same side of the country. They do everything Spartanburg does. Just think how awesome it would be driving the new toy back home with your Dad on the Pacific Coast Highway. Having good conversation, eating great food, seeing the sights along the way and making great memories. Not trying to drive you crazy - lol. Think about it
__________________________________________________ ______________________
Appreciate 1
fxcw8544.00
      06-30-2021, 04:12 PM   #13
xef
Private
Rep

If it were available in CA I'd do it in a heartbeat. No problem driving from CA up here. I plan on making the drive for the SF marathon in September anyway. Unfortunately, at least right now, they're not offering PCD in Thermal. Maybe that was what my CA was thinking about.

Quote:
3. Where is the BMW Performance Center located?
The BMW Performance Center is located at 1155 Highway 101, South Greer, SC 29651. The Delivery Program is not available at our Thermal, CA, location.
https://bmwperformancecenter.com/deliveryfaq
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 06:40 PM   #14
BklynNYBMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Ok, well we tried. Post pics when the you pick up the new toy.
__________________________________________________ ____________________
Appreciate 1
xef15.00
      07-11-2021, 11:51 AM   #15
kmershly
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW, Lexus, Nissan and a GMC

Garage List
2022 BMW M340i  [0.00]
I had a strange one and I am still trying to understand what exactly the Salesman was/is talking about.

I went in and the dealer was happy to do a factory order, however when I said I wanted to do a PCD Delivery, he said okay, but you will have to trailer the car home as BMWFS does not allow folks who are leasing to drive their vehicle such long distances. For reference, it is approximately 520ish miles between the PCD and my home.

He said leases are designed for folks looking to drive only a little bit, basically a daily driver, not a person looking to go on long drives.

I asked why BMWFS cares as long as I don't go over the alloted miles what difference is it if I drive the miles long distances or short distances?

He said that is what he was told by his Management. When I asked to speak with his Management he said they are too busy to spare time to talk about PCD or other small issues.

I said well I am going to reach out to BMWFS and the Performance Center and see what they say. He then got a little nervous and said well umm I won't take your word if you hear different, you will need it in writing.

Have any of you all heard that PCD excludes leases?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2021, 12:31 PM   #16
PrezRoosevelt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i Rwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmershly View Post
I had a strange one and I am still trying to understand what exactly the Salesman was/is talking about.

I went in and the dealer was happy to do a factory order, however when I said I wanted to do a PCD Delivery, he said okay, but you will have to trailer the car home as BMWFS does not allow folks who are leasing to drive their vehicle such long distances. For reference, it is approximately 520ish miles between the PCD and my home.

He said leases are designed for folks looking to drive only a little bit, basically a daily driver, not a person looking to go on long drives.

I asked why BMWFS cares as long as I don't go over the alloted miles what difference is it if I drive the miles long distances or short distances?

He said that is what he was told by his Management. When I asked to speak with his Management he said they are too busy to spare time to talk about PCD or other small issues.

I said well I am going to reach out to BMWFS and the Performance Center and see what they say. He then got a little nervous and said well umm I won't take your word if you hear different, you will need it in writing.

Ask management to provide documentation that leases are not for long distance driving and pcd delivered vehicles must be shipped back if in excess of "X" miles. Follow up with the question: So if I decide to take a trip across the country, will I need a flatbed to follow me through the country if I want to take that kind of vacation?

Such bullshit and idiocy because they probably dont want to deal with the work. If lease cars weren't meant for long distances, are we supposed to provide mileage documentation if we exceed 300 miles per trip and provide flatbed receipt to prove we didn't drive excess miles?

Last edited by PrezRoosevelt; 07-11-2021 at 12:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2021, 07:32 PM   #17
fxcw85
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M440xi

Quote:

I'm leasing an M440 that's currently waiting at Bremerhaven and getting PCD. I'm in Oklahoma and the drive back is 1,000 miles door to door without counting trips I will take on the way back. My dealer never mentioned anything regarding PCD or the drive back. At the end of the day, it's your car and if you go over your alloted mileage allowance, you will be charged for those extra miles. Sounds to me like your dealer is trying to pull a fast one for some reason.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 08:58 AM   #18
kmershly
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW, Lexus, Nissan and a GMC

Garage List
2022 BMW M340i  [0.00]
I wanted to post a small update, I emailed the Performance Center and asked if they have heard of such a policy and they responded back very quickly.

The person wrote back that they had not heard of such a policy and questioned if maybe the Salesperson poorly communicated that the drive home is not exempt from the alloted miles in the lease which some customers mistakenly believe.

The person added that many customers consider it fun to drive their new car home, though some do pay to ship it.

Finally they said if the Dealer insists otherwise to email this person back and they will happily explain to the dealer that no such policy exists.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 12:51 PM   #19
BMW in NE
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340 xDrive

Quote:
I wanted to post a small update, I emailed the Performance Center and asked if they have heard of such a policy and they responded back very quickly.

The person wrote back that they had not heard of such a policy and questioned if maybe the Salesperson poorly communicated that the drive home is not exempt from the alloted miles in the lease which some customers mistakenly believe.

The person added that many customers consider it fun to drive their new car home, though some do pay to ship it.

Finally they said if the Dealer insists otherwise to email this person back and they will happily explain to the dealer that no such policy exists.
This is good to hear. I'm doing a PCD on my 2022 m340 (lease) and planning on driving it home almost 1000 miles from SC to Maine.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 07:51 PM   #20
BklynNYBMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Hi Guys, Just figured I would chime in here. I did 3 PCD and all the cars were lease cars. I drove for Spartanburg to Brooklyn. The sales person either doesn't know what he is talking about or doesn't want to do the paper work for it. Unfortunately many of the dealers are just bent on getting you to sign on the line and give them your money. Not interested in promoting any of those delivery experiences. Very few seems to know the process. Forget even asking abut how to get an individual order through. But that is another issue.
To be honest Financial service doesn't care if you go over mileage. They will be happy to charge you the extra fee.
I hope you get to do PCD it is memorable. Trust us that have done it
__________________________________________________ ____________________
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2021, 08:40 PM   #21
bimmermann88
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW g05

I'm assuming you complete all the paperwork before going down there is that correct? If so….what if you have a trade-in are you able to keep it until you take delivery of your car or do you have to turn in when you sign the forms? I only have one vehicle so I would be vehicle less if that was the case… I'll have to look into renting one!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2021, 09:27 PM   #22
BklynNYBMW
Lieutenant
Rep

Everytime I did a PCD, this is how I did it. First I turned in the lease vehicle and sign the papers for the new car. Then the next day I flew out to Spartanburg and stayed at Crowne Plaza courtesy of BMW. Then on the third day after breakfast, off to the Delivery Center in the shuttle to get the new car.
Chances are if you are doing a trade in you will need to hand it over at dealership at the time of signing the papers for the new car. I would just ask the dealer if that is what is required. It might be best to give them the trade in at the time of signing. God forbid you don't and then the trade in gets damaged. That would then reduce the value.
In regards to getting around without a car for a day. That is why we have family, friends and Uber (lol). Just a thought and my 2 cents
__________________________________________________ ________________________
Appreciate 0