Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Question on buying 21 330e

06-24-2021, 05:12 PM   #1
starstreak
Private
Rep
Drives: Lexus GS350

Question on buying 21 330e

This is what the dealer is selling. Sorry for the moire effect.
Some items don't add up. Like the premium pkg is $1400 when added to a vehicle with the m sport pkg. the heated seat is part of the premium pkg, and then sensatec $0. it comes with the parking assistance pkg, that's the one with the 360 camera, right? I heard on the 22 models it's not included anymore.
$60k sounds high.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2021, 07:37 PM   #2
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Unless I'm missing something, it looks like they are inflating the base MSRP. The 330e base MSRP is $44,500. Perhaps that is standard in Hawaii, I don't know.

As you noted, they are charging for heated front seats but those are included in the Premium package.

They aren't giving any discount either. I'm not familiar with pricing there but you should try to get at least a small discount.
      06-24-2021, 08:05 PM   #3
PrezRoosevelt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i Rwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Unless I'm missing something, it looks like they are inflating the base MSRP. The 330e base MSRP is $44,500. Perhaps that is standard in Hawaii, I don't know.

As you noted, they are charging for heated front seats but those are included in the Premium package.

They aren't giving any discount either. I'm not familiar with pricing there but you should try to get at least a small discount.
On terms of discounts, it seems dealers even in socal are doing msrp or even above due to inventory. Discounts are maxing at roughly 3% unless working through a broker. Ymmv obviously but I imagine Hawaii being even worse compared to the competitive socal market and socal pricing sucks as is right now. But you are right, doesn't hurt to ask. Try for 8% and see if they try to work around it. Maybe they'll do it which would be great, or just stare awkwardly

In terms of packages and included options, I would definitely inquire because heated front seats most definitely comes with premium package.

Last edited by PrezRoosevelt; 06-24-2021 at 08:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2021, 08:57 PM   #4
starstreak
Private
Rep

Quote:
Oh you're right. I didn't even notice that. I was wondering how come it was so high compared to a build I did.

Quote:

It's almost like they put the price list without the M package. Because then the premium pkg is $1000 something higher, which is the price they listed)

We'll see. They were quick to ask when I wanted to come down to test drive, but haven't responded for two days when I asked about the price differences. And I must ask them about the Msrp markup. As that wouldn't be msrp. It should be listed as dealt markup separately or something.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 06:52 PM   #5
starstreak
Private
Rep

I got a reply from the dealership. They said they don't markup on the vehicles. If I build the specific model on the website, it'll show you the price destination and that's the price.

I emailed him back with the item breakdown on the website vs their total for their car. The difference being almost $7000.00. I'll let you know on the response I get.

Btw, the price I got was $54670.00 after destination charge but before tax and fees and any bmw incentives. For that vehicle, they listed $1500 incentive discount. I figure if they agree to their pricing being wrong, I figure on asking a 7% discount. Middle ground from 5-15% I head some people asking. Only problem, they are the only game in town.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 07:13 PM   #6
PrezRoosevelt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i Rwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by starstreak View Post
I got a reply from the dealership. They said they don't markup on the vehicles. If I build the specific model on the website, it'll show you the price destination and that's the price.

I emailed him back with the item breakdown on the website vs their total for their car. The difference being almost $7000.00. I'll let you know on the response I get.

Btw, the price I got was $54670.00 after destination charge but before tax and fees and any bmw incentives. For that vehicle, they listed $1500 incentive discount. I figure if they agree to their pricing being wrong, I figure on asking a 7% discount. Middle ground from 5-15% I head some people asking. Only problem, they are the only game in town.
They could leverage that and not offer any discount. Only dealer and with shortages, you don't have much room to negotiate unless they aren't selling nearly enough.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 07:17 PM   #7
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:

Just go one step at a time. Have them look at the MSRP and once they explain/correct that then go through the other differences.
      06-25-2021, 09:57 PM   #8
starstreak
Private
Rep

Hahaha. I got a response back. He said he's glad I'm interested in that model and wants to know when I would like to schedule a test drive.
So pretty much except the first sentence where I said I was interested in that particular vehicle, he ignored the rest of the email with the price breakdown and what the correct price is.
I really hope he's joking. He didn't even mention the cost.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 12:12 PM   #9
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

well...you are right that the US configurator lists the premium package as less. Perhaps he is using the executive package and mislabeling it.

Everything does seem more expensive in Hawaii (you do pay a severe premium for living in heaven) so that might explain some of it.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 04:37 AM   #10
starstreak
Private
Rep

True but should the MSRP of the base 330e be different? I mean there's only one 330e so base should match the website. Wouldn't a dealer markup be listed separately?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 09:06 AM   #11
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
True but should the MSRP of the base 330e be different? I mean there's only one 330e so base should match the website. Wouldn't a dealer markup be listed separately?
The only place the dealer referred to MSRP was in the final sale price. Presumably, that means the sticker should match that number. If it failed to do so, one could argue misrepresentation. But since the buyer has access to the sticker, it would be hard to argue for reliance on the misrepresentation.

Other than misrepresenting MSRP (potentially), the dealer can put whatever price he wants on the various items.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 08:40 PM   #12
starstreak
Private
Rep

Oh well, looks like it sold. Just had to wait one more day for my day off.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 11:52 PM   #13
starstreak
Private
Rep

Yup. So I finally had time to go down. Wouldn't you know it, the guy who failed me on emails is the one guy who's there to help me as I walked in.
The one I want did sell a few days ago. He said he didn't respond to me because he didn't know I wrote back. Something about the email I used is the generic email to them that customers and reply to, but he doesn't get any notifications. If I sent it to his personal email from work he would've known. Not that he gave me that email earlier. Only now he did on his card.

I found out the one with the most features I wanted is being used as a loaner. And can't be sold until it has around 5k miles. Hmm.
He shows me another but it's missing the HK audio. And I found out none of the cars come with lane centering and start/stop cruise control. And again, brings up the fact that the price on the sticker is same as you build on the site so no discounts.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2021, 10:11 AM   #14
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

To me, not having the ACC (start/stop cruise control) would be a deal breaker.
Appreciate 0