Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Question about custom order

06-06-2021, 07:26 PM   #1
motherkin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: g05 45e

Question about custom order

Hi folks, this is my first time ordering a BMW and I have some questions.

Background - I am waiting for MY 22 but who knows if it will be released in July. I don't want to order the MY 21 now because many options are missing.

1. My dealer told me to place an order for July production now to "secure" the allocation and available rebates.
- What does placing an order actually mean? What if MY 22 is still not released in July?
- Does the negotiation of pricing happens now or later?

2. They said the $1000 deposit is refundable, is this true? (in California)
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2021, 08:11 PM   #2
jg4c
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherkin View Post

Background - I am waiting for MY 22 but who knows if it will be released in July. I don't want to order the MY 21 now because many options are missing.

1. My dealer told me to place an order for July production now to "secure" the allocation and available rebates.
- What does placing an order actually mean? What if MY 22 is still not released in July?

All good questions, and not many answers yet.
I'm in contact with a dealer here on the east coast and should have some answers tomorrow, Monday.

I just asked similar questions as yours, of someone who posted ordering a 2022 330e.

I'd be cautious of any dealer who locks you into a grand to "secure" an allocation. Check your state for refundable deposits on cars.
You'd be surprised, that a lot of deposits are non refundable.

Unless they put it in writing, that under any circumstance you can walk away, at any time, and get your deposit back.

There are no prices out yet for the 2022's, so there is nothing to
negotiate yet.

Actual ordering begins in July, but start of production for 2022 (M340i) is not until 3rd week of August.

What model are you looking at?

If you'd like DM me, and we can chat more.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2021, 08:49 PM   #3
PrezRoosevelt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i Rwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherkin View Post

1. The dealer wants you to place the order in order secure a build allocation slot for your vehicle. Negotiate price now and with other dealers to find the price you are looking for. Incentives and MF/interest is based on the month they run credit and the month in which the vehicle is delivered. In the case MY 22 isn't released in July as expected, you may have to renegotiate your pricing based on incentives for when the vehicle is actually available to be ordered.

2. Deposits are fully refundable in California (I'm in Cali). You can request a refund after the order is placed up to where you sign the papers for the vehicle. I was told I'd be charged a $1k but they haven't charged my card yet so... Might not even charge.

Last edited by PrezRoosevelt; 06-06-2021 at 08:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2021, 10:31 PM   #4
motherkin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: g05 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg4c View Post
All good questions, and not many answers yet.
I'm in contact with a dealer here on the east coast and should have some answers tomorrow, Monday.

I just asked similar questions as yours, of someone who posted ordering a 2022 330e.

I'd be cautious of any dealer who locks you into a grand to "secure" an allocation. Check your state for refundable deposits on cars.
You'd be surprised, that a lot of deposits are non refundable.

Unless they put it in writing, that under any circumstance you can walk away, at any time, and get your deposit back.

There are no prices out yet for the 2022's, so there is nothing to
negotiate yet.

Actual ordering begins in July, but start of production for 2022 (M340i) is not until 3rd week of August.

What model are you looking at?

If you'd like DM me, and we can chat more.
Hi, how do you know SOP for MY 22 is 3rd week of August? I can't even find the new ordering guide.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 11:46 AM   #5
jg4c
Captain
Rep

Upper left. SOP 8/21
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 11:50 AM   #6
jg4c
Captain
Rep

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1831044
Attached Images
File Type: pdf PDF.pdf (607.7 KB, 114 views)
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 01:57 PM   #7
jg4c
Captain
Rep

With pricing, finally. SOP on this says 7/21 which is different than the 8/21 on the ordering guide. Time to contact dealers and let the games begin.

G20 M340i pricing.pdf
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 07:06 PM   #8
MiamiDeacon
Registered
Rep
Drives: Hopefully '22 M440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg4c View Post
With pricing, finally. SOP on this says 7/21 which is different than the 8/21 on the ordering guide. Time to contact dealers and let the games begin.

Attachment 2624369
Have you heard or seen anything about MY22 M440s?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2021, 10:09 PM   #9
DrewNumber2
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440ix GC

Hey there Bimmer Post folks,

I've been watching from the sidelines for about a month now, and I can't believe what an active community this is!

I can't contribute very much at the moment (no BMW yet) but hoping to change that very soon. Replying here as I have been in the "wait for MY22" boat and this post/thread has validated so many of my hypotheses.

Great info in the PDFs for pricing and builds as well! Thanks for all the amazing info and looking forward to a point where I can contribute some amount as well!
Appreciate 0