Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum New Order and Price

04-29-2021, 09:51 PM   #1
MattEcho
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340xi

New Order and Price

Dumb question about a new build...Is a sales price offered by a dealer over email considering "in writing"? I've seen that advice around here to get the price in writing. But I might be working with an out of state dealer and want to know what to expect or ask for.
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 10:16 PM   #2
Datemike
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 330e

If it's a reputable dealership, getting an email with the actual variables that affect your deal like selling price before incentives and the money factor/finance rate confirmed should be good enough. If you want to go the extra mile, have them send you a price sheet which will list the complete breakdown of fees, incentives etc and list your monthly payment.

Having said that, just so you know, nothing is truly set in stone until the contract is signed. You as a buyer can back out of your build or the dealership can refuse to honor their end of the bargain by going back on their pricing. Shitty move on whoever does it, but it's always a possibility.

Like I said though, if it's a reputable dealer, they won't be pulling stunts like that and will honor the price both parties agreed upon.
Appreciate 1
      04-29-2021, 11:24 PM   #3
MattEcho
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datemike View Post
If it's a reputable dealership, getting an email with the actual variables that affect your deal like selling price before incentives and the money factor/finance rate confirmed should be good enough. If you want to go the extra mile, have them send you a price sheet which will list the complete breakdown of fees, incentives etc and list your monthly payment.

Having said that, just so you know, nothing is truly set in stone until the contract is signed. You as a buyer can back out of your build or the dealership can refuse to honor their end of the bargain by going back on their pricing. Shitty move on whoever does it, but it's always a possibility.

Like I said though, if it's a reputable dealer, they won't be pulling stunts like that and will honor the price both parties agreed upon.
Good to know, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 10:00 AM   #4
MattEcho
Private
United_States
Rep

Okay...so just placed an order. Build week 22. Fingers crossed all goes well. Didn't get the Tanz Blue I was hoping to get. Ended up going with Port Blue. Thanks to all on this forum for the education. This will be my first BMW. Anyway, specs:

2021 M340i xdrive
Portimao Blue
Cognac Leather
Aluminum Mesh trim
HP Tire/Cooling Pkg
Premium Pkg
Driving Asst Pkg
Parking Asst Pkg
Adaptive Suspension

Didn't get shadowline as I like the Cerium Grey on the blue. However, I would swap out to CF maybe down the line.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 10:46 AM   #5
Dylanm240
Private
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 M2C, '23 G05 X5

Were you not able to get TB II metallic or decided not to? Wondering cause I am trying to place an order for TB II metallic m340 right now.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 11:15 AM   #6
MattEcho
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylanm240 View Post
Were you not able to get TB II metallic or decided not to? Wondering cause I am trying to place an order for TB II metallic m340 right now.
I was set on TB II and was willing to waiting for a German production slot, which are not the easiest to come by right now. Till I saw joeachilles (YT) video on his TB II M4. Decided that the maintenance on it was just more than I wanted. It's a FANTASTIC color, but it probably doesn't fit my personality or lifestyle.

Once I made the decision to switch to a NA build color, it was much easier to shop and get the order placed.
Appreciate 1
      04-30-2021, 02:30 PM   #7
Datemike
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 330e

Waiting game begins now...

Well specced build and we have the same exterior/interior combo down to the trim so good choice
Appreciate 1
      04-30-2021, 04:11 PM   #8
MattEcho
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datemike View Post
Waiting game begins now...

Well specced build and we have the same exterior/interior combo down to the trim so good choice
Thanks! It's definitely a great color combo. Maybe the best among the colors available, imo.
Yeah, now the wait. Build week is 22 and month is June, which was kind of confusing as week 22 is the last week in May.
Appreciate 1
Datemike109.00