Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum Dealer accepted offer on 3/30, how long is typical for production?

04-06-2021, 09:48 PM   #1
seezur
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235i

Dealer accepted offer on 3/30, how long is typical for production?

So I ended up going for the M340i. Had three dealers put their offers in and about a week ago now I accepted the best. Still have no news of production number or slot, though they did take my deposit and I’ve been in contact since (trying to get the new 0.9% down from 1.9%). How long does it normally take from when your offer is accepted and build begins production? Hoping to have this around mid July at the latest so I can take it on a nice out of state trip up to Cape Cod.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 11:22 PM   #2
Datemike
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by seezur View Post
So I ended up going for the M340i. Had three dealers put their offers in and about a week ago now I accepted the best. Still have no news of production number or slot, though they did take my deposit and I've been in contact since (trying to get the new 0.9% down from 1.9%). How long does it normally take from when your offer is accepted and build begins production? Hoping to have this around mid July at the latest so I can take it on a nice out of state trip up to Cape Cod.
You should ask the dealer who you placed the order with for your build week. That is the only thing that will determine how long you'd be waiting until your car goes into production and whether you'll have it by July or not.

For example if your build week falls in mid June, it'll be highly unlikely that you'll have the car by mid July.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 04:21 PM   #3
Omelette
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by seezur View Post
So I ended up going for the M340i. Had three dealers put their offers in and about a week ago now I accepted the best. Still have no news of production number or slot, though they did take my deposit and I’ve been in contact since (trying to get the new 0.9% down from 1.9%). How long does it normally take from when your offer is accepted and build begins production? Hoping to have this around mid July at the latest so I can take it on a nice out of state trip up to Cape Cod.
hello
did they have an allocation? you can ask your dealer is there an allocation, they may be waiting for one. It should take no more than two weeks to get one probably sooner.
Appreciate 0