F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Any interest in a UUC F30 Xi Front Anti Sway Bar GB?
Extreme Powerhouse

07-08-2020, 01:20 PM   #1
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Any interest in a UUC F30 Xi Front Anti Sway Bar GB?

As the title says, how many are interested and ready to buy? These are currently the only Anti Sway Bars for the Front on the F30 available for Xi. I can speak from experience they've made quite a difference in the E92 platform for the Xi cars.

If you're interested, please simply remark in this thread. I'll give this a week or so to brew and we'll go from there.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 01:43 PM   #2
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
These are currently the only Anti Sway Bars for the Front on the F30 available for Xi.
That's not true. H&R and Dinan also make front bars for F2x/F3x xDrive vehicles.

Having owned all 3 options at one point (H&R, UUC, and Dinan), I'd advise against doing business with UUC. Those guys don't know what they're doing and are the definition of incompetence.

They lie to you over the phone on their lead times, never follow up, miss their commit dates, and don't know their own product. They sent me a RWD front bar, insisted it was for xDrive, even after I provided measurements showing it wasn't close to xDrive bar dimensions. I even tried to install it when putting in my H&R bar, to prove it wasn't going to work and that they were wrong. Getting them to accept the return and the long delay between when they received it and when they refunded me was a nightmare.

Additionally, they don't specify their front bar is for the 4cyl engines only and just generally say "for F30 xi." It has the bend for the coolant line on the N20/26, but doesn't have the wider center section bend that all other 6cyl front bars have (OE and aftermarket).

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.

Last edited by FaRKle!; 07-08-2020 at 01:51 PM..
Appreciate 1
G80S58135.00
      07-12-2020, 11:40 AM   #3
skier_du
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F30 335i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
Quote:
These are currently the only Anti Sway Bars for the Front on the F30 available for Xi.
That's not true. H&R and Dinan also make front bars for F2x/F3x xDrive vehicles.

Having owned all 3 options at one point (H&R, UUC, and Dinan), I'd advise against doing business with UUC. Those guys don't know what they're doing and are the definition of incompetence.

They lie to you over the phone on their lead times, never follow up, miss their commit dates, and don't know their own product. They sent me a RWD front bar, insisted it was for xDrive, even after I provided measurements showing it wasn't close to xDrive bar dimensions. I even tried to install it when putting in my H&R bar, to prove it wasn't going to work and that they were wrong. Getting them to accept the return and the long delay between when they received it and when they refunded me was a nightmare.

Additionally, they don't specify their front bar is for the 4cyl engines only and just generally say "for F30 xi." It has the bend for the coolant line on the N20/26, but doesn't have the wider center section bend that all other 6cyl front bars have (OE and aftermarket).
Pretty much what FaRKle! Said. Although I have yet to talk about their customer service as I haven't started a return yet. However I did order the xDrive front bar and what I got was not the 6 cylinder version. I also tried to install it with no luck. You can see the difference between factory and UUC in the picture below. And the paint on the bar is not well done and scratches/chips easy.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
FaRKle!4017.00
      07-12-2020, 12:58 PM   #4
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_du View Post
Pretty much what FaRKle! Said. Although I have yet to talk about their customer service as I haven't started a return yet. However I did order the xDrive front bar and what I got was not the 6 cylinder version. I also tried to install it with no luck. You can see the difference between factory and UUC in the picture below. And the paint on the bar is not well done and scratches/chips easy.
OMG, I'll bet dollars to donuts that's the exact same bar I received...

UUC was incapable of sending me photos of a successful installation on an xDrive car or drawings of the bar so I could compare to the stock and H&R bars. Their documentation during product development was SO POOR they didn't even have a picture of this bar actually working. Incompetence, like I said.

I wish you all the luck in your return. It was a couple of months process for me, and they'd always say "we'll refund you on X date" and then that date would come with no refund and I'd have to call them again. You'll need to be upfront with them and let them know right off the bat if you don't have a refund in X days after receipt of the product back you're filing a claim against them with your payment provider.

*EDIT* to add some more to this, here's a side profile of the arms (left to right) on the Dinan front bar, H&R front bar, and my OE bar. Notice how the arm shape on the UUC looks NOTHING like the others (because it's a RWD arm).

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.

Last edited by FaRKle!; 07-12-2020 at 01:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 03:17 PM   #5
skier_du
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F30 335i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
OMG, I'll bet dollars to donuts that's the exact same bar I received...

UUC was incapable of sending me photos of a successful installation on an xDrive car or drawings of the bar so I could compare to the stock and H&R bars. Their documentation during product development was SO POOR they didn't even have a picture of this bar actually working. Incompetence, like I said.

I wish you all the luck in your return. It was a couple of months process for me, and they'd always say "we'll refund you on X date" and then that date would come with no refund and I'd have to call them again. You'll need to be upfront with them and let them know right off the bat if you don't have a refund in X days after receipt of the product back you're filing a claim against them with your payment provider.

*EDIT* to add some more to this, here's a side profile of the arms (left to right) on the Dinan front bar, H&R front bar, and my OE bar. Notice how the arm shape on the UUC looks NOTHING like the others (because it's a RWD arm).
Haha probably is the same.
Thanks for the advice. Just hope they will take it back. But yah, I'll file a claim with my CC if not.
Not to distract to much, but what's been your experience with the Dinan and H&R bars? I'm
Trying to decide which to go with. But I'm planning on staying small in the rear than the 19mm offered with Dinan. I have the factory 15mm bar waiting. Of course I can't get just the Dinan front bar. So that puts me with H&R as the only other awd front bar option.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 11:39 AM   #6
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Hey guys. Yes UUC is not the easiest to work with. We've had our fair share of hiccups along the way during the years. That's why we do these group buys so you know you'll get your parts. I appreciate the honesty and your concerns as it defintely speaks volumes to me.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 12:17 PM   #7
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Not to distract to much, but what's been your experience with the Dinan and H&R bars? I'm
Trying to decide which to go with. But I'm planning on staying small in the rear than the 19mm offered with Dinan. I have the factory 15mm bar waiting. Of course I can't get just the Dinan front bar. So that puts me with H&R as the only other awd front bar option.
I'm really happy with the Dinan bar. There are plenty of adjustments and I don't find it too stiff like the H&R bar. My front spring rates are about the stiffest BMW offers for the F3x (F33 M-Perf front springs) and the middle position on the bar seems just about right (rear-most position was a bit soft). With the H&R bar on the softest setting, and even softer front springs (F8x ZCP), the bar was way too stiff and really hurt ride quality and understeer. I wouldn't recommend the H&R bar unless running something like stock springs or maybe up to F8x non-ZCP rates.

I believe the Dinan 19mm tubular rear bar is about the same rate as a 16-17mm solid bar.

Quote:
Hey guys. Yes UUC is not the easiest to work with. We've had our fair share of hiccups along the way during the years. That's why we do these group buys so you know you'll get your parts. I appreciate the honesty and your concerns as it defintely speaks volumes to me.
It would be a shame if members of this community blamed you for UUC's failures if you launched a group buy for them. I don't want you to lose your shirt over an unreliable business partner like UUC.

It would be a great opportunity for the community if you were able to put together a group buy for Dinan's bars (or even just their front bar)!

Appreciate 1
skier_du147.50
      07-16-2020, 12:57 PM   #8
zole2112
Modder of everything I own
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Xdrive

Quote:
I'm really happy with the Dinan bar. There are plenty of adjustments and I don't find it too stiff like the H&R bar. My front spring rates are about the stiffest BMW offers for the F3x (F33 M-Perf front springs) and the middle position on the bar seems just about right (rear-most position was a bit soft). With the H&R bar on the softest setting, and even softer front springs (F8x ZCP), the bar was way too stiff and really hurt ride quality and understeer. I wouldn't recommend the H&R bar unless running something like stock springs or maybe up to F8x non-ZCP rates.

I believe the Dinan 19mm tubular rear bar is about the same rate as a 16-17mm solid bar.

It would be a shame if members of this community blamed you for UUC's failures if you launched a group buy for them. I don't want you to lose your shirt over an unreliable business partner like UUC.

It would be a great opportunity for the community if you were able to put together a group buy for Dinan's bars (or even just their front bar)!
thanks for the info guys! I have a Meghan Front bar in my garage that looks just like the UUC, live and learn. I was looking at getting the H&R but sounds like the Dinan would be better for me.
2013 BMW 335xi F30 N55 PWG/VRSF DP/ER CP/Injen CAI/AA FMIC/JB4 map 7/Fuel= E50 w/ E85:93oct/Stock LPFP & HPFP/CATuned coilovers/Megan Racing Rear Swaybar/Powerflex Rear Subframe Bushing Inserts/Dual aFe Power Mach Force Mufflers/Resonator Delete/MHD & BMS Race BEF
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 02:18 PM   #9
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zole2112 View Post
thanks for the info guys! I have a Meghan Front bar in my garage that looks just like the UUC, live and learn. I was looking at getting the H&R but sounds like the Dinan would be better for me.
Megan doesn't make an xDrive compatible front bar unfortunately.

Appreciate 0