F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Vland F30 LCI Black Line Tail Lights
GetBMWParts

05-02-2020, 05:32 PM   #1
Diirek
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, G05 X5 xDrive50i

Vland F30 LCI Black Line Tail Lights

I got these off Ebay for $300ish - Shipping was was quick and install took a little over an hour.

I'm not 100% in love but it was a fun project. They truly are plug and play but there's a wire that needs to run from the outer lights to the inner lights on the trunk lid. Easy enough to route but the wires can bind when you shut your trunk so be careful.

All in, I'm def/ satisfied for the cost. The sequential blinker are cools as well. Not sure how long they'll last but components didn't look any cheaper than my Depo's so we'll see.

Last edited by Diirek; 05-04-2020 at 02:29 PM..
Appreciate 1
aps336.50
      05-12-2020, 08:51 AM   #2
relsah
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 2014 335i xdrive

the lights look pretty on your car.... i'm thinking of doing the same.

do you have the link to the seller? and is there a chance that you could post a video showing the sequential blinker in action.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 09:33 AM   #3
ImmDanny
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Chevrolet Camaro

Debating getting these for my black sapphire, I want to go with a total blackout look. I just love the LCI taillights either way so it's this one or the reds.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 11:12 AM   #4
Lui428i
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 428I

bump for a pic.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 10:30 AM   #5
Diirek
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by relsah View Post
the lights look pretty on your car.... i'm thinking of doing the same.

do you have the link to the seller? and is there a chance that you could post a video showing the sequential blinker in action.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sequential-...53.m2749.l2649

There's the ebay link. I have a video but I'm not sure how to share it here...
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 08:53 PM   #6
JR328NJ
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diirek View Post

I got these off Ebay for $300ish - Shipping was was quick and install took a little over an hour.

I'm not 100% in love but it was a fun project. They truly are plug and play but there's a wire that needs to run from the outer lights to the inner lights on the trunk lid. Easy enough to route but the wires can bind when you shut your trunk so be careful.

All in, I'm def/ satisfied for the cost. The sequential blinker are cools as well. Not sure how long they'll last but components didn't look any cheaper than my Depo's so we'll see.
Did you remove the extra power connection that wasn't screwed into the brake light housing? Just did mine tonight and took that off since it wasn't needed, but am not sure if that was the right call or not. Talking about the connection that was attached to the second gold piece that was hanging off.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 08:55 PM   #7
perryo91
Captain
Uganda
Rep
Drives: 335

I love mine dude, I think some extra black details in the rear will help tie it all together!!
      06-18-2020, 05:48 AM   #8
Diirek
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR328NJ View Post
Quote:

Did you remove the extra power connection that wasn't screwed into the brake light housing? Just did mine tonight and took that off since it wasn't needed, but am not sure if that was the right call or not. Talking about the connection that was attached to the second gold piece that was hanging off.
pretty sure you missed something. I didn't have anything unplugged. theres another line that runs from the larger tail lamp in the fender to the small guy in the trunk lid. pretty sure this is for the blinker/hazards. is everything functioning properly?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 06:30 AM   #9
JR328NJ
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

pretty sure you missed something. I didn't have anything unplugged. theres another line that runs from the larger tail lamp in the fender to the small guy in the trunk lid. pretty sure this is for the blinker/hazards. is everything functioning properly?
Yes everything functions properly and I have that long cable from the brake light to tail light connected. The extra looked like it was just a different pin connection for the brake light assembly.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 07:00 AM   #10
Diirek
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes everything functions properly and I have that long cable from the brake light to tail light connected. The extra looked like it was just a different pin connection for the brake light assembly.
interesting. I don't remember that but maybe it's for the LCI model? if it works, it works!

also, I coded the red frosted portion to be on with my drls because it really looks good with that lit up during the day. check it out if you haven't already
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 10:58 AM   #11
relsah
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw 2014 335i xdrive

Quote:
mine came with 2 plugs. i only had to use the one appropriate for my car. the other one i just taped it and left it there.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 12:38 PM   #12
aps
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Appreciate the review. They also seem to have a version out that mimics the CS shadowline tails. Thinking about getting those as it would be slightly different than the standard red, but not quite the boldness of the blacklines.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2020, 09:01 PM   #13
MyE92
El Presidente
United_States
Rep
Drives: your mom wild.

Has anyone thought of lightly tinting the top part of these taillights?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 07:28 AM   #14
AddictedTo///M
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M340i xDrive

Are these truly sequential or does the inside part of the tail light illuminate before the outside part for a "sequential" look? Video would be amazing!

I purchased a set of the OEM M performance tail lights, but they are backordered. Considering these instead.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 07:49 AM   #15
Diirek
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedTo///M View Post
Are these truly sequential or does the inside part of the tail light illuminate before the outside part for a "sequential" look? Video would be amazing!

I purchased a set of the OEM M performance tail lights, but they are backordered. Considering these instead.
they are truly sequential. maybe in 1 inch increments.

just tried getting a video but with them being LED it makes it look really choppy when recorded.
Appreciate 1
      06-20-2020, 08:43 AM   #16
Diirek
Private First Class
Rep

quick video:

Appreciate 1
      09-13-2022, 12:18 PM   #17
Drewski557
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328i Xdrive

I have the 2014 bmw 328i xdrive luxury line, and plan on doing the same thing with my car...doing the smoke or black lci tail light replacement, and probably a dark backing, led projector upgrade headlights from the factory halogen headlamps. One thing I looked at, that I am gonna do, that may help with your car, in terms of making it look more uniform and aggressive with the tail lghts, is replacing your factory reflectors, front and back, with smoke colored, black reflectors in the front and rear to match the headlight and tail light upgrades. Of course, you've probably thought of that, and for all I know, already did this to your ride, seeing as how this post is 2 yrs old..I just saw your post today, while searching to see how the upgrades will look on my car. Cheers!!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 06:15 PM   #18
Yam_440i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: White BMW 335i convertible

Do these lights exist for F32's?
Appreciate 0