ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-16-2008, 02:22 PM   #1
Burt Reynolds
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Filter Question fo rRPI Scoop

How much HP would I leave on the table if I removed the charcoal filter and stuck with the paper OEM filter vs. going with the BMC/AFE type filter? From what I understand, our OEM paper breathes pretty darn good.
2007 M Coupe w/NAV/Premium/Extended Leather, Clearbra, DICE, 4.10 BMW Motorsport Polished LSD, Active Autowerke Gen IV Headers, Supersprint Race Exhaust and X-Pipe, ESS Tuned DME, KWV3 Coilovers, Volk RE30, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Short Antenna, JL AMP, JL 10W7, Valentine V1.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 05:08 PM   #2
MMMazing07
More than you can afford pal....ferrari
Rep
Drives: Z4M

i felt a pretty big difference with the BMC filter like sport mode was permanently on. it makes the intake box a tiny bit louder too. i kept my charcoal filter in though. i took it out and drove around the block back to back. didnt notice anything
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2008, 09:37 PM   #3
DirtBag335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4M

I couldn't tell a difference at all, I find it hard the feel anything under 10whp. I only felt a change when I got my headers and tune in.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 07:32 PM   #4
M2audioman
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMazing07 View Post
i felt a pretty big difference with the BMC filter like sport mode was permanently on. it makes the intake box a tiny bit louder too. i kept my charcoal filter in though. i took it out and drove around the block back to back. didnt notice anything
Considering another member dynoed the filter and gained 1hp, i doubt you felt that big of a difference...Then again, the butt dyno can mislead.
Appreciate 0