E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Car has trouble in boost. [SOLVED]

01-15-2020, 06:56 PM   #1
dilloncorrallo
Rep
Drives: e90 n54 MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Talking Car has trouble in boost. [SOLVED]

Hello all, here is a little backstory prior to when this started happening.
FBO MHD Stage2+ e30. So im low on gas so i fill up with 93. My tablet was dead so I couldnt flash the 93 oct map right away, but did so immediately after getting home. The drive is less than 3 miles so I didnt think it would be an issue driving back home. After flashing the car I edited the idle rpm up to about 750 from stock idle. After this I went to bed

The next day (today) I drove where I needed to go and noticed the car wouldnt really put any power out. The error code 2D2E popped up. Reset codes, reset throttle adaption and after that same thing happened. I noticed on my gauges the car would not build boost as it normally does. Driving low rpms is fine but noticeably slower. When in boost (above 0psi) it starts acting really funny, as if there is a boost leak.

The code is:
2D2E - DME: Throttle-valve angle - intake-manifold vacuum, correlation.

and another code that popped up is:
2ABD - DME: Boost-pressure sensor, overrun.

Mind you the car was running perfectly fine before I switched to 93 OCT and switched the map accordingly. Also changed the idle rpm of course but I doubt thats the issue.

If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated
My theory is that it is a simple boost leak and will check all vacuum lines after posting this post.

I also found this in engine bay any looks like it needs to be connected somewhere, if anyone can confirm or tell me what it is it would help too.
Thanks

(photo)
View post on imgur.com

Edit:
I found the solution, and i'm beating myself up for it.

Accidentally selected the 4.0 bar option, for the MAF sensor I believe, while trying to adjust the idle rpm.
Flashed back to normal and car is back to normal.

Last edited by dilloncorrallo; 01-15-2020 at 07:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 07:14 PM   #2
dilloncorrallo
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I guess in the picture is the OLD OEM BOV.
Anyways, so i disconnected my vacuum tank on the left of the engine bay and heard it sucking in air. Does this mean there is no leak as the system was still under pressure when I removed one of the vacuum lines?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 07:37 PM   #3
dilloncorrallo
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Im beating myself up for this one but basically I found the issue. So when I went to flash after changing gas, I also adjusted the idle rpm, and while doing that...

I accidentally pressed the 4.0 Bar sensor option. Right above the idle rpm adjustment bar.

Just switched it back and car is running back to normal. Sorry for my dumb mistake and if I wasted anybodies time. LOL I thought there was something seriously wrong with my car.
Appreciate 0