F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > BMW Apps, Spotify, BT streaming not working
GetBMWParts

09-25-2019, 06:15 AM   #1
xpro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335XD

BMW Apps, Spotify, BT streaming not working

Is there any cure on how to fix the BMW apps to work again?

So the NBT is up to date, I haven't had any recent changes nor have I upgraded the IOS on my phone.

I tried resetting the NBT, deleting and repairing the phone and still no joy.

My connected drive app will no longer send the destination via BT, nor I get the journey updates any longer.

Spotify is not working and not even showing up in the media.

And anything I stream from iphone will not play, it even doesnt allow me to even select the phone.

When I tick the APPS box, it just loads for hours.

BT connection only works for phone calls.

BTW, if I connect my phone via USB, only then I can stream the music and connect to apps.

Has anyone seen this happening?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 06:59 AM   #2
Skiwil
Rep
Drives: BMW 420i

what phone are you using? Is it an iPhone and have you recently upgraded to iOS13.1?

Do you have carplay?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 07:44 AM   #3
xpro
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiwil View Post
what phone are you using? Is it an iPhone and have you recently upgraded to iOS13.1?

Do you have carplay?
Hey,

No carplay, IOS 12 and no other changes. Was working fine for ages.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 07:51 AM   #4
gelogelo
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D M SPORT

Hi it seems like when you did a 'factory reset', it has disabled Enhanced bluetooth audio which allows you to connect your phone and use it to play music.

Did you have this coded before or it came with enhanced bluetooth audio when you bought the car?

Only way I could think of getting it back now is getting it coded using bimmercode/icarly/esys or paying bwm dealership.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 08:02 AM   #5
xpro
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelogelo View Post
Hi it seems like when you did a 'factory reset', it has disabled Enhanced bluetooth audio which allows you to connect your phone and use it to play music.

Did you have this coded before or it came with enhanced bluetooth audio when you bought the car?

Only way I could think of getting it back now is getting it coded using bimmercode/icarly/esys or paying bwm dealership.

Hi, it was not a factory reset but just a restart. When the NBT does a full shutdown/restart.

No coding, no changes. NBT ID 6 from factory, they have a built in enhanced Bt, so no coding required for that.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 08:42 AM   #6
gelogelo
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D M SPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpro View Post
Hi, it was not a factory reset but just a restart. When the NBT does a full shutdown/restart.

No coding, no changes. NBT ID 6 from factory, they have a built in enhanced Bt, so no coding required for that.
have you tried connecting your phone and going on the idrive bluetooth setting and pressing your phone, there should be another option to turn on bluetooth audio on.

Otherwise if you have bimmercode or know anyone that has it, my safest bet is that Enhance bluetooth audio has been disabled somehow.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 08:59 AM   #7
Somebloke
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

How old is your car? The only thing I can think of is that your Connected-Drive subscription has expired. Check your connected-drive account to see if the service is still up.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 01:59 PM   #8
Skiwil
Rep
Drives: BMW 420i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiwil View Post

Do you have carplay?
Hey,

No carplay, IOS 12 and no other changes. Was working fine for ages.
iOS13.1 is out now.

If I was you, I would delete the phone from connected drive, then forget the car on the iPhones Bluetooth.

Then upgrade the iPhone to 13.1 and pair it with the car and see if it makes any difference.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2019, 05:22 AM   #9
xpro
Lieutenant
Rep

Got into the car and its back working.

After some research, Connected drive needs to be updated and refreshed.

How to do this:

1.While on the main screen, enter connected drive menu.
2.While in the connected menu, press option button on your drive, and you will see update option.
Press that, and viola. Altough it takes 24/48hr to refresh the servers and connected drive in your car.
Appreciate 0