F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > suspension advice please
ARMA SPEED

09-18-2019, 06:36 AM   #1
seenthelight!
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: bmw 435d f32 coupe

suspension advice please

car is 435d, xdrive, late 2017, f32 coupe, 19" alloys on adaptive suspension. thinking of lowering it a bit with eibach pro springs. does anybody have any pics, or links to pics please ? also, advantages/disadvantages and what to expect the drive to be like compared to standard ? also, what would the reduction in ride height be ?
i am happy with the ride and performance of the adaptive suspension, but think it would be better suited sitting a bit lower.

thanks in advance guys
      09-18-2019, 07:19 AM   #2
Alscoob
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G31 540i M Sport Edition

Not driven a 435x drive but would expect the transformation to be brilliant, as the 335 xd i drove was like a boat.

Plenty on here have done it & sure they'll be along to comment
Appreciate 1
      09-18-2019, 08:09 AM   #3
Lorcan
The artist formerly known as AC Schnitzer UK
Rep
Drives: The Yellow Peril

Eibach quote 15-20mm front and 5-10mm rear as the lowering amount. AC Schnitzer springs are a bit lower at the rear so a more even 15-20mm front and back.

Advantages: Reduced body roll, nosedive on braking and squatting on acceleration. Feels less floaty, more planted, sharper steering.

Disadvantages: Possible warranty hassle if you are unfortunate enough to suffer a leaking damper, top mount failure or steering rack issues. If you have a particularly steep drive and a front splitter there can be contact.

Pic below shows 435d with AC Schnitzer springs before and after.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Wills28656.00
      09-22-2019, 10:30 AM   #4
seenthelight!
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: bmw 435d f32 coupe

Hi Lorcan, many thanks for the advice mate. Couple of related question, are the disadvantages that you state common or not after this spring update ? And does any coding or anything have to be done afterwards, as it has adaptive fitted ?
Ta
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 05:14 AM   #5
Lorcan
The artist formerly known as AC Schnitzer UK
Rep
Drives: The Yellow Peril

Quote:
Originally Posted by seenthelight! View Post
Hi Lorcan, many thanks for the advice mate. Couple of related question, are the disadvantages that you state common or not after this spring update ? And does any coding or anything have to be done afterwards, as it has adaptive fitted ?
Ta
No coding required if you are just doing springs, the adaptive system only controls the damper.

Leaking dampers, top mount failures and steering rack issues are all fairly common on standard cars, so your dealer *should* put these right under BMW warranty even if you have AC Schnitzer springs fitted (as the springs are not to blame), but some can be awkward about it. Don't ask me why, they have nothing to gain and potentially stand to lose you as a customer by being difficult.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 08:18 AM   #6
IrnBrulad
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 335d

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorcan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by seenthelight! View Post
Ta
No coding required if you are just doing springs, the adaptive system only controls the damper.

Leaking dampers, top mount failures and steering rack issues are all fairly common on standard cars, so your dealer *should* put these right under BMW warranty even if you have AC Schnitzer springs fitted (as the springs are not to blame), but some can be awkward about it. Don't ask me why, they have nothing to gain and potentially stand to lose you as a customer by being difficult.
I'm hoping leaking dampers aren't a problem on an ACS sprung and dampened car?! Getting mine fitted on Thursday
Appreciate 0