Bimmerpost
/
4 Series
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2019+ BMW 3 AND 4-SERIES FORUMS (G2x Generation) Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum M340i xDrive configuration and order

08-07-2019, 11:42 PM   #1
paulbazo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550ix

M340i xDrive configuration and order

Hi
I am configuring my M340 to place order

This is the config I have:

-M340iX Xdrive is $2k more but is faster/safer than RWD, I just ended a lease on an M550ix , I believe all M performance cars are Xdrive, only this M340 is available as RWD and only in the US.
-Black Sapphire
-Sensatec Black interior : Sacrifice leather to cover Xdrive, I was ordering black leather anyway and is hard to tell the difference.
-Driving Assistant and Driving Assistant Pro: I am used to having the adaptive cruise control and forced to get this two packages, I could get adaptive cruise as a standalone option instead of Driving Ass. Pro but the difference is only $500
-Executive: I need the parking assistant to get 3D camera, I could get it with the Parking Assistance Package for $900, for the additional $1200 I get the laser lights , not sure on this one.
-Premium: forced to pay for this because I want the Harman Kardon
-Harman Kardon
-19" non run flats (adds space saver spare), this is a no brainer.
-Adaptive M suspension
-Power tailgate

MSRP $65,820

any suggestions? is sensatec a bad idea?
are the laser lights worth the $1200 over the Parking Assistant Package?

On the price front I have 10% off before incentives, $3k in incentives, 0.00165 MF (marked up from 0.00145 )
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 08:23 AM   #2
Pauleebe
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Inbetween BMW's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbazo View Post
Hi
I am configuring my M340 to place order

This is the config I have:

-M340iX Xdrive is $2k more but is faster/safer than RWD, I just ended a lease on an M550ix , I believe all M performance cars are Xdrive, only this M340 is available as RWD and only in the US.
-Black Sapphire
-Sensatec Black interior : Sacrifice leather to cover Xdrive, I was ordering black leather anyway and is hard to tell the difference.
-Driving Assistant and Driving Assistant Pro: I am used to having the adaptive cruise control and forced to get this two packages, I could get adaptive cruise as a standalone option instead of Driving Ass. Pro but the difference is only $500
-Executive: I need the parking assistant to get 3D camera, I could get it with the Parking Assistance Package for $900, for the additional $1200 I get the laser lights , not sure on this one.
-Premium: forced to pay for this because I want the Harman Kardon
-Harman Kardon
-19" non run flats (adds space saver spare), this is a no brainer.
-Adaptive M suspension
-Power tailgate

MSRP $65,820

any suggestions? is sensatec a bad idea?
are the laser lights worth the $1200 over the Parking Assistant Package?

On the price front I have 10% off before incentives, $3k in incentives, 0.00165 MF (marked up from 0.00145 )
I have always had sensatec and don't feel that I'm missing out by not having leather. Sensatec is more durable and lighter (shaves off a few lbs of body weight, though it's negligible for "performance"). Anything color or interior related comes down to your personal preference though.

I went for Driving Assistance and Parking Assistance over Executive, as I felt Executive is mainly gimmicks (Gestures). Laser lights have cooler looking DRL's, but actual laser lights only turn on in very specific conditions that my vehicle normally wouldn't be in. The adaptive LED's on the M340 are perfectly capable too.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 10:35 AM   #3
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Isn't leather included in premium pack? You've got a good spec but I would include the leather - in cognac or mocha . I opted for exec for the lights alone (I really don't like the look of the standard LEDs) but cameras and parking do-dads are nice to have. I totally agree with 19" non-RFTs+spare and HK audio.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 11:53 AM   #4
Pauleebe
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Inbetween BMW's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Isn't leather included in premium pack? You've got a good spec but I would include the leather - in cognac or mocha . I opted for exec for the lights alone (I really don't like the look of the standard LEDs) but cameras and parking do-dads are nice to have. I totally agree with 19" non-RFTs+spare and HK audio.
Leather is required for Executive, not Premium.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 02:20 PM   #5
WXdrivefun
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 330Xdrive

Only comment is how do you find Black exterior with Black interior? I'm assuming in Miami isn't it very hot with the sun and heat?

-The Laser LEDs include Day Time Running lights that have the distinctive 'Hofmeister kink 'illumination within the lens. Compared the the upside sleepy faced LEDs. Very slick looking in my opinion, especially at night.

-Parking Assistance Package, i believe has automatic parallel and perpendicular parking. Could help if you park along street curbs often and tight parking lots.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 04:40 PM   #6
paulbazo
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Cheking, I believe Premium requires leather only when ordering 4HA Front and rear Heated Seats

Last edited by paulbazo; 08-08-2019 at 04:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 04:47 PM   #7
paulbazo
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXdrivefun View Post
Only comment is how do you find Black exterior with Black interior? I'm assuming in Miami isn't it very hot with the sun and heat?

-The Laser LEDs include Day Time Running lights that have the distinctive 'Hofmeister kink 'illumination within the lens. Compared the the upside sleepy faced LEDs. Very slick looking in my opinion, especially at night.

-Parking Assistance Package, i believe has automatic parallel and perpendicular parking. Could help if you park along street curbs often and tight parking lots.
Black on Black is great, I believe is more perception than reality, the car has air conditioning, I have had a few black on blacks in Miami and they feel like any other color.

Laser LED may look better, but regular LEDs illuminate very good, I rather put the $1200 towards other option

-Parking Assistance Package, I do not use it for parking, but for the surround view with 3D, is a must, in my opinion.
Appreciate 0