F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Possible to code/lock yourself out of the ODB? E-SYS - "NO ZGW available"
Extreme Powerhouse

03-21-2019, 03:35 PM   #1
AlphaGeeky
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i

Possible to code/lock yourself out of the ODB? E-SYS - "NO ZGW available"

I have a 2016 F30 build date of July 15, 2015. I have been coding for only about a month, so i'm quite the Newbie with coding my BMW. I do, however, consider myself fairly technically minded in general, but this issue has me stumped. (See attached image for a screenshot of the open connection dialog box.) In a nutshell, E-Sys will not "see" the connect to the ethernet/obd port. My computer and NIC will connect to other things like my home network just fine. My gut tells me that it is NOT the eth/ODB cable as it's pretty new and treated with kid gloves. my computer network card is set to DHCP, and the DNS set to auto as well. I thought about hard coding it to an IP address in the same subnet of the ODP port (169.254.XX.XX)

Using Esys (lite) 3.27.1

Have tried with two different USB Network Interface Cards (NIC), (both known to be working previously)
Have tried in VMware Win 7 environment and also tried it directly in Win 10 environment

I can see the NIC lights flashing like it is communicating, but just will not show the VIN info like it normally does. tried reinstalling E-Sys in the Windows 10 setup.

*All the PSDZ data is the same as before when it was previously working so I didn't mess with that.

What is the ZGW search tool? should i use that and how do i use it?

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0