F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Need (A lot of) help with NBT EVO retrofit
Studio RSR

03-04-2019, 05:25 AM   #1
iBosvelt
Rep
Drives: F31 2014

Need (A lot of) help with NBT EVO retrofit

Hello everyone,

I need a lot of help with my NBT EVO retrofit.
I have an F31 05/2014 with NBT1. Want to retrofit it with NBT2.

I have installed the new NBT EVO HU in my car. I have a voltage convertor for my apix1 screen. I have connected an ATM-emulator and wifi cable.
Everything is connected to my NBT2. However there is a green connector not connected. Don't know where to put it.

First time i had the message "No Signal" on my screen. In Esys looked for the ECU NBT and found NBT2. No CAFD in it. So code an CAFD file in. That fixed the " No signal" message.

There is no sound and looks there is no connection between the car and NBT. Can't change time or settings in the car. And the resolution of the screen isn't good. I can't see all the options in the main menu. Only the first 3 lines on the left side of the screen. Resolution etc is coded correctly in Esys.

I' ve read that i had to VO code BKOMBI also. When i look in Esys for the KOBMI ECU, i can't find it in the SVT list. So i can't VO code it. Is this normal?

I don't know what to do...

is there somebody who can help me?

Help will be much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 04:04 PM   #2
sj22
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 14 F15 50I

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBosvelt View Post
Hello everyone,

I need a lot of help with my NBT EVO retrofit.
I have an F31 05/2014 with NBT1. Want to retrofit it with NBT2.

I have installed the new NBT EVO HU in my car. I have a voltage convertor for my apix1 screen. I have connected an ATM-emulator and wifi cable.
Everything is connected to my NBT2. However there is a green connector not connected. Don't know where to put it.

First time i had the message "No Signal" on my screen. In Esys looked for the ECU NBT and found NBT2. No CAFD in it. So code an CAFD file in. That fixed the " No signal" message.

There is no sound and looks there is no connection between the car and NBT. Can't change time or settings in the car. And the resolution of the screen isn't good. I can't see all the options in the main menu. Only the first 3 lines on the left side of the screen. Resolution etc is coded correctly in Esys.

I' ve read that i had to VO code BKOMBI also. When i look in Esys for the KOBMI ECU, i can't find it in the SVT list. So i can't VO code it. Is this normal?

I don't know what to do...

is there somebody who can help me?

Help will be much appreciated!
KOMBI should be there. What did you do with the most optical connector?

Past: 2013 750i xdrive, 2008 535xi
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2019, 06:09 PM   #3
iBosvelt
Rep
Drives: F31 2014

I couldnt place the green connector anywhere. Its not connected at this moment.

If thats what you mean by most optimaal connector.

There is no place in the NBT unit.

Edit:
I used a plug and play cable (harnass) to connect with the car. Dont know the name of the big cables.. how can i check if they are connected correctly?

Ive drove with the car today and when im in reverse, i see the parking sensors on the nbt. I think there is a sort of connection with the car..

Last edited by iBosvelt; 03-04-2019 at 08:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 10:52 AM   #4
Crazy_1201
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 320d

Side question: will you be selling nbt 1 unit?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 11:54 AM   #5
Marc_Coding
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBosvelt View Post
I couldnt place the green connector anywhere. Its not connected at this moment.

If thats what you mean by most optimaal connector.

There is no place in the NBT unit.

Edit:
I used a plug and play cable (harnass) to connect with the car. Dont know the name of the big cables.. how can i check if they are connected correctly?

Ive drove with the car today and when im in reverse, i see the parking sensors on the nbt. I think there is a sort of connection with the car..
Yes there is room for it, unless your new EVO unit is one of these without the MOST socket. Just check the back of the radio, if you don't see the 2 white connectors inside the radio, then you don't have one and if you want your cluster to work properly, then that new EVO unit is no good for you.
You will need to change it for one with the MOST connectors.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2019, 11:20 AM   #6
ferrarif1
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85, G05, E46M3

Are you saying the green cable from the car does not have a matching socket on the EVO? Normally the green cable on an NBT unit is for the telematics unit. Telematics has been replaced by an ATM (Advanced Telematics) module on the EVO which connects through the OABR port.

One thing you did not mention is flashing your new EVO with the VIN from your car. Did you skip this step?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 10:28 AM   #7
learntocode
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Coming from a head unit ENTRYNAV from factory, do I need additional wiring harness or parts to make NBT EVO retrofit work? I'm not concern about the touch function on idrive controller or care to use that feature.

I want to know if my existing wires for ENTRYNAV will be enough for NBT EVO. If I am missing some parts, would someone be kind to list the part# I need.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 10:53 PM   #8
longnvu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 E92 E60 F30

are you using a can filter?
Appreciate 0