F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Video in Motion on F30 330e
ARMA SPEED

03-04-2019, 05:04 AM   #1
sd_dracula
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330e

Video in Motion on F30 330e

Hi guys,

I have coded video in motion and the android screen mirroring on my 2017 330e F30 but it doesn't look like the VIM got applied or I am missing more settings that need to be changed.

Here is what I have changed on HU_NBT2:

3000 SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MAX Change werte to: FF
3000 SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN Change werte to: FF
3000 VIDEO_HANDBRAKE set to: nicht_aktiv
3000 VIDEO_FRONT_LOCKED set to: nicht_aktiv
3000 VIDEO_SPEEDLOCK_CONDITION set to: none=00

Anything else to change for VIM?

The screen mirroring works ok but useless without the video in motion since it blocks the video as the car begins to move.

Idrive version:

Telephone: TB-006.027.001
Media: MB-006.027.001

I connected to the option in blue below (if that makes any difference)
Attached Images

Last edited by sd_dracula; 03-04-2019 at 08:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 03:09 AM   #2
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

On ID5/ID6, coding alone can only up speed to 63 kph before cutoff.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 06:28 PM   #3
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_dracula View Post
Hi guys,

I have coded video in motion and the android screen mirroring on my 2017 330e F30 but it doesn't look like the VIM got applied or I am missing more settings that need to be changed.

Here is what I have changed on HU_NBT2:

3000 SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MAX Change werte to: FF
3000 SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN Change werte to: FF
3000 VIDEO_HANDBRAKE set to: nicht_aktiv
3000 VIDEO_FRONT_LOCKED set to: nicht_aktiv
3000 VIDEO_SPEEDLOCK_CONDITION set to: none=00

Anything else to change for VIM?

The screen mirroring works ok but useless without the video in motion since it blocks the video as the car begins to move.

Idrive version:

Telephone: TB-006.027.001
Media: MB-006.027.001

I connected to the option in blue below (if that makes any difference)
Like Almeretto said, but if u want full vim ur gonna have to pay someone n go either the hardware way or software way n have someone patch ur hu and ur vin.. lmk which way u go since I have same dilemma right now. Waiting to install my evo but all I do is play (music)videos from my nbt.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 09:39 PM   #4
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhnblckwood View Post
Like Almeretto said, but if u want full vim ur gonna have to pay someone n go either the hardware way or software way n have someone patch ur hu and ur vin.. lmk which way u go since I have same dilemma right now. Waiting to install my evo but all I do is play (music)videos from my nbt.
Other alternative is Bimmercode. Nice choice because can code multiple cars as opposed to buying solution that is locked to VIN.
Appreciate 1
      03-08-2019, 06:40 PM   #5
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Quote:
Other alternative is Bimmercode. Nice choice because can code multiple cars as opposed to buying solution that is locked to VIN.
Wasn't aware bimmercode can code vim on an evo unit. N no free option has turned up??
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2019, 07:08 PM   #6
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX 40

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
VIM can be done with esys, I have it working on both my F30 and G01.

HU NBT2
3000HMI
Speedlock freischaltmenu - code to aktiv

After coding and reboot hold the controller wheel up and press media, menu, media then release.

A menu will appear on the screen. Just select the appropriate one, I can't remember exactly but it will be obvious.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 02:03 AM   #7
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Wasn't aware bimmercode can code vim on an evo unit.
Yes, can code Evo unit.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2019, 08:39 AM   #8
sd_dracula
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5mad View Post
VIM can be done with esys, I have it working on both my F30 and G01.

HU NBT2
3000HMI
Speedlock freischaltmenu - code to aktiv

After coding and reboot hold the controller wheel up and press media, menu, media then release.

A menu will appear on the screen. Just select the appropriate one, I can't remember exactly but it will be obvious.
Thanks for this. That did the trick
Can use screen mirroring now

Thought it would do the news app in motion also but I guess not.
Now if I could only code the adaptive cruise control to not ask for intervention when the car stops it would be perfect.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2023, 04:06 AM   #9
SirCez
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30

Sorry to bump up an old thread but I can't seem to get the answer searching the Internet. All resources seems to be for ID4.

I have a F30 2017 ID5 NBTevo_J with sat nav pro and I am able to play videos from the USB while stationery.

Is it possible to get video-in-motion at speeds above 63kph? I have seen people sell USB coding on eBay that enables video-in-motion, would this method also have the 63kph limit restriction? I've asked one of the sellers and this was his reply:

"Hi, I haven’t had any complaints about speed restriction with my video in motion coding however I have not personally tested."

This is only because I am planning going on a long road trip and like to play cartoons for the kids, or tv shows for the passenger.

Reading this thread gives me hope that I can have video-in-motion at speeds above 63kph. Can someone confirm what I need to do. I don't mind paying. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2023, 03:03 PM   #10
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCez View Post
Sorry to bump up an old thread but I can't seem to get the answer searching the Internet. All resources seems to be for ID4.

I have a F30 2017 ID5 NBTevo_J with sat nav pro and I am able to play videos from the USB while stationery.

Is it possible to get video-in-motion at speeds above 63kph? I have seen people sell USB coding on eBay that enables video-in-motion, would this method also have the 63kph limit restriction? I've asked one of the sellers and this was his reply:

"Hi, I haven’t had any complaints about speed restriction with my video in motion coding however I have not personally tested."

This is only because I am planning going on a long road trip and like to play cartoons for the kids, or tv shows for the passenger.

Reading this thread gives me hope that I can have video-in-motion at speeds above 63kph. Can someone confirm what I need to do. I don't mind paying. Thanks.
Yes you can code VIM past 63kph no problem. You need to deactivate speedlock on nbtevo 5/6 idrive units, you can find the sequence of buttons you press on YouTube after you code the necessary fdl lines with esys
Appreciate 0